Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 💇💅Avatar Talk!
What was your "n00b" avatar on Gaia? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When did you join Gaia?
  2012+
View Results

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:01 pm
Bana Banana
User Image

I was obsessed with this avatar and got a bunch of art of it. It's funny to me that nitemare/angelic headbands seem so worthless now :E I feel like alchemy's the only thing really holding their price up.

I still miss the old mouths. crying

Aaaaaw... That's adorable. That's straight up Old-Fashioned Gaia, right there.
Your avatar is the embodiment of my nostalgia. crying

I know, the angelic headband is cheap goods now.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:04 pm
Cadenza of the Heart
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I don't remember much about my first year here, but these were my eyes for the longest time
and I remember the very first thing I ever saved up for was the pink terra twist hair, and how expensive I thought it was
and I was also pretty into the G-LOL set back then as well. the tops and skirts are still pretty versatile, even to this day.
the sad thing is, this whole costs less than 7k.... that used to be lots to me when I started.

Haha, that hair was so popular! I always wanted just long, straight hair and they've never come out with a good one, imo.

The G-LOL set is classic. I remember saving up for it. I still wear the skirts a lot. I still wear a lot of gold items. whee  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:06 pm
Azalea Star
My initial avatar was my starter hair and eyes, a green hibiscus halter top, a green citrus snug skirt, and leaf wings from zOMG. XD Oh, and an earth orb tree on my shoulder. I kept my avatar like that for ages.

Haha, nice! Those orbs... I had to collect them all.
Then I realized they looked kinda... nooby. XD Like the Leviathan set.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:07 pm
                    I was nine when I first joined
                    (my mother made my first account for me)
                    and had a huge love for tinkerbell <3

Luna Leska

Devoted Lovergirl

10,150 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:12 pm
Seraphine Holodore
My starter avvie (from when I first joined up in November 200 cool had the red Glam Girl set on.

I later changed that to the following avvie because the outfit resembles my secondary/middle school Choir's performance ensemble of black low heels and (tailor-made!) gown. (The Gaian version lacks the lace sleeves that the gown has IRL, and apart from the fact that I couldn't afford Classilke as a newbie, Classilke itself doesn't do said sleeves justice.) Throughout my secondary school years, the Choir was where I'd been happiest and where I'd made my fondest memories on campus. Inevitably, however, as I had to go on to junior college (my country has an odd name for high school) in January the following year, I knew I was going to miss that choir very much...
So, without further ado, my first likely first (I forget; see below) avvie of my making, the closest Gaian version to my IRL secondary school Choir performance outfit:

Another of my nooby outfits (I forget whether it came before or after the "Choir gown" one) was this one, managed using mostly sponsor freebies (there were plenty to be had at the time). You'll have to imagine the proper layering, though (or use Gaia's own item preview function to see how it worked)... there are some things Tektek doesn't get right.

Wow, that's cool! I like it when people base their avatar on themselves in real life.

Haha, that Mimzy Aura!! I saw so many avatars with that when I first joined. Also the "lucky star" item.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:28 pm
Luna Leska
                    I was nine when I first joined
                    (my mother made my first account for me)
                    and had a huge love for tinkerbell <3

Okay, that's adorable.
Wow, I can't believe you joined when you were nine! Is your account still the same one you started with?  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:29 pm
mufftigg
O man.... That was so long ago and I've had so many different avatars since then that I don't really remember what my first avatar was.

I remember really like the inner fire kimono, though. I also vaguely remember something blue and cat themed... But that's about it. ^^;

I loved that kimono!
I have to update my first post with other avatars I remember. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:37 pm
Pegasaurus Rex

Lol thanks.

My older cousin actually
                    introduced me to Gaia. Since you are 'suppose' to be
                    thirteen or older my mother had to make my account lol.
                    Unfortunately, this is not my original account.
                    I have had five accounts total as I was going through a FFseries obsession.
                    I finally ended up with this one due to my love for Yunalesca from FFX

Luna Leska

Devoted Lovergirl

10,150 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Tigrosharu

Ethereal Trickster

21,240 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:38 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
Tigrosharu
I had that horrible blond starter hair but the first thing I did was grab this hair so..my first avatar was a ninja so tres chic at that time in 2009.

The first items I got after that were blade's black boots and blade's shirt..I also got Gcash item for sentinal from free offers and well the two avatars.

Blade's (I just found out there is a full set for this..color me blind)

And her infernal majesty + first gcash grabs=
People tried to call me a noob..I actually defined the definition for them and went omega class cannibal troll on them I was almost infamous at one point in VH.

And oh I thought THIS was hot:
Scary part about that one..it was VERY close to my IRL outfits at the time.

I also had a obsession with the Bad Moon item and used the white werewolf hair everywhere with everything.
My avatars in all honesty were not that bad as far as noob avatars went, and honestly I was dressed WAY different than most noobs at the time.

<3 That ninja set.

= o Your outfits are pretty dang cool.
XD I remember when Bad Moon came out. EVERYONE wore that thing! I don't blame them though--it's an awesome item.

Yeah love the ninja set, and thank you I guess my sense of non style translates to online as well smile

I was so happy when I got my first bad moon as a gift, but then I had the urge to buy many bad moons and literally bought 7 of them or so..yeah I used to be a Gcash addict (to the point I still get those bonuses for total gcash spent without spending any) and I still have most of my moons to this day.
I still love the hair, moon, and wounds you get from that item honestly for the time it was a very well rounded affordable EI for newbies even on the market.
And the "bugs" that layered hair can do are very fun.

I miss the days when you could get a decent EI off the market for 180-200k sad  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:13 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
XD!! That face!! It's a stylish avatar, to be sure. That thing has personality. And I wore those shorts all the time. They're dang good shorts. Gaia doesn't have enough of 'em!

Haha, oh Towns... That angel imp is way cute, though. I'd wanna hug him too!
I never crossed over to a male avatar (except for the achievement). I always liked their hands way better, though. And sometimes I wish I could have a flat chest. whee

Aha! I didn't notice that someone quoted me about this. xD

Thank you, thank you. I thought it had a little bit of 'me' on that face. 8 u8... I always thought I was evil. And yeah, those booty shorts was my first love too. 8DDDD

;v; Maybe I'd walk around in that for old times sake, you never know? And it's actually the opposite for me since I thought they looked angry? Or just too thick but I got used to it. How the female base deforms the clothes are also irritating, huh?

Hey, hey. Tell me how you are? C:  

Gemini Syndrome

Tipsy Loiterer

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:03 am
User Image Fun topic xD
I ended up digging into my journal for these old pics that I have saved.

Started out with random clothes. Made gold from posting and bumping contests xD Was madly in love with Mimzy the bunny at that point xP

First mc bought was celebrity date. It was quite an achievement as I had finally accumulated enough gold to purchase an mc from the MP xP
User Image

Started to take in guild-based art requests here and there. The gold earned was mostly from tips as I made the arts for free xD But it was enough to help me nab on some cool stuff =P
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shifted a while from something human to something animal related. Chose a duck for the lulz xD But has been a duck-fan ever since and has collected every single duck-related item in Gaia to date =D Can you see my chyakuuuu and DPeeee??? x3 Yeshhh... I was finally learning the ropes of a vendor/hoarder!
User Image

Then I began to drop off the habit of equipping wealth-status items and instead began to focus on mix and matching. This was the period where I began to expand my tektek gallery and joined a buttload of avatar contests.
User Image

From then on, my avatar's appearance revolves around color-balance and theme =D I still enjoy participating in avatar contests until this day (^O^) User Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:46 am
I've pretty much had this avatar my whole Gaia existance.
blaugh I'm too fond of it to change it!  

Quank

Familiar Codger

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:29 pm
Gemini Syndrome

Aha! I didn't notice that someone quoted me about this. xD

Thank you, thank you. I thought it had a little bit of 'me' on that face. 8 u8... I always thought I was evil. And yeah, those booty shorts was my first love too. 8DDDD

;v; Maybe I'd walk around in that for old times sake, you never know? And it's actually the opposite for me since I thought they looked angry? Or just too thick but I got used to it. How the female base deforms the clothes are also irritating, huh?

Hey, hey. Tell me how you are? C:

emotion_0A0 Sorry, I was never notified you quoted me! Curse you, whatever the heck is going on!

The way some of those clothes deform the body... emotion_facepalm

I'm doing pretty okay! Some stuff is hard, some stuff is easier. I have a weird smell in my nose that only I can smell. Been with me a week, now. sweatdrop Is that weird?

How are you? =)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:30 pm
Quank
I've pretty much had this avatar my whole Gaia existance.
blaugh I'm too fond of it to change it!

It's just so... Quank!
If you changed it, I would know who you are anymore! whee

( emotion_donotwant Don't tell me I "can't post a message so soon".)  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:35 pm
koromyst
User Image Fun topic xD
I ended up digging into my journal for these old pics that I have saved.

Started out with random clothes. Made gold from posting and bumping contests xD Was madly in love with Mimzy the bunny at that point xP

First mc bought was celebrity date. It was quite an achievement as I had finally accumulated enough gold to purchase an mc from the MP xP
User Image

XD The Mimzy! I always thought it looked kinda creepy.

I think my first MC was Celebrity Date, too! It was either that or Autumn Glory. I always thought Ren was cute.
redface I guess I have a thing for that type of guy (and that's completely opposite from my husband...).  
💇💅Avatar Talk!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff