Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
what is the great rite? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:07 pm
Awwww... I missed it. Did Neko ever give the names of the Lord and Lady?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:06 am
TeaDidikai
Awwww... I missed it. Did Neko ever give the names of the Lord and Lady?

Nope  

Guardian 0f Heaven

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:33 pm
Well, I thought if I just ignored it people would give up. rolleyes I see I was wrong. The most comonly used names for the God and the Goddess are Cernunnos and Aradia. Some Traditions have different sacred names for the God and Goddess, which is why I don't think the names are necessary. Also, since everyone can read this and the Sacred Names are supposed to be only known by initiates, I can't give them out just because someone is "testing" me. Not even by PM. I have no way of knowing if they are really initiated. So no, I won't tell you the names. Stop asking.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:37 pm
Neko_Bast
Well, I thought if I just ignored it people would give up.
Why not just concede?

Quote:
The most comonly used names for the God and the Goddess are Cernunnos and Aradia.
Which are not the names of the God and Goddess of Wicca.

So, we have established that the God and Goddess you hold and the Lord and Lady of Wicca are not the Lord and Lady of Wicca (especially considering that one is an Italian Goddess and the other is Celtic- and neither of which have the Dual and Triple Aspects of the O/H King and the MMC concept).

Quote:
Some Traditions have different sacred names for the God and Goddess, which is why I don't think the names are necessary.
Which would make them not Wicca, understand?

Quote:
Also, since everyone can read this and the Sacred Names are supposed to be only known by initiates, I can't give them out just because someone is "testing" me. Not even by PM. I have no way of knowing if they are really initiated. So no, I won't tell you the names. Stop asking.
Except, as you are not Oathbound by initiation, you can give them out.

Understand? ~taps keyboard~ I am typing in english yes?

For the love of all things cute and fuzzy, you're a fluffy, get help, learn to admit you are wrong or you're going to be in a heep of trouble with that whole Curse of the Goddess thing.  

TeaDidikai

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:25 am
TeaDidikai
Neko_Bast
The most comonly used names for the God and the Goddess are Cernunnos and Aradia.
Which are not the names of the God and Goddess of Wicca.

So, we have established that the God and Goddess you hold and the Lord and Lady of Wicca are not the Lord and Lady of Wicca (especially considering that one is an Italian Goddess and the other is Celtic- and neither of which have the Dual and Triple Aspects of the O/H King and the MMC concept).

In "A Witchs Bible" Janet and Stewart Farrar state that Gardner used these names for the God and the Goddess. I will agree that it kinda leaves out the O/H King and the MMC concept. I personaly don't really like these name becaue they do leave those consepts out.

TeaDidikai
Quote:
Also, since everyone can read this and the Sacred Names are supposed to be only known by initiates, I can't give them out just because someone is "testing" me. Not even by PM. I have no way of knowing if they are really initiated. So no, I won't tell you the names. Stop asking.
Except, as you are not Oathbound by initiation, you can give them out.

Understand? ~taps keyboard~ I am typing in english yes?

For the love of all things cute and fuzzy, you're a fluffy, get help, learn to admit you are wrong or you're going to be in a heep of trouble with that whole Curse of the Goddess thing.

You are not the "all knowing one." Please stop acting like it. Now if someone who was acualy Wiccan was saying this.....^-^

Edit: I ment to say that some traditions use differnt names, not different sacred names.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:28 pm
reagun ban
Nuri
Wait, theres something amiss in the Unicorn tradition. I'm reading through their family tree (which really endears me to them, actually. Very responsible of them) but I'm seeing a problem.

I don't really see a connection to Wicca. I see a wonderful family tradition brought by this Lord Merlyn and being taught more openly, where at some point, the term Wicca was applied to them, likely in the era where many thought Wicca and Witchcraft were interchangeable.

It seems like a wonderful group actually. I don't agree with their definition of "pagan" for sure, but I can live with that.

I'm just struck odd by where they came from.

I'm gonna add my (rusty and rather abrasive) 2c to this.

Lord Merlyn tought Lady Galadriel magic.

Merlyn and Galadriel?!? Are we sure this tradition isn't a parody and that Light Chakra isn't just winding us up, I mean he's actually quite astute.

Looks like my theory was right, The person behind that new book of the law is the same person who is behind the Unicorn group.

Check this out
New book of the law

Now look down the end to see who wrote it and who it was published by

While reading the "New" law please do a find on the page and use the word "Atlantis".

And here is more
"Lady" Gaderiel

Look at here publishing list. There is no doubt about it.

Here is a commentary i came accross on this
Commentary on the "New" law

I'll leave you to your own conclusions on the book of the law...  

quantum_leaper

Light Chakra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:08 pm
stare I seriously doubt that the same person would have written it... rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:22 pm
Neko_Bast
TeaDidikai
You are not Oathbound by initiation. [...] Learn to admit you are wrong or you're going to be in a heep of trouble with that whole Curse of the Goddess thing.

You are not the "all knowing one." Please stop acting like it. Now if someone who was acualy Wiccan was saying this...

Hi! I'm actually Wiccan (though I'm not all-knowing), and I agree with TeaDidikai's assertion that one cannot be Wiccan without an Initiation from a valid, lineaged Coven. I am of the opinion that one should not deceive themselves or others by claiming a label that they do not hold. If one is happy with their chosen path, they should call it by its true name, or not name it at all. I personally believe that, when a person is deceptive, they are harming themselves, their magical ability, and (potentially) other people. A practitioner of magic is only as good as their word.

Also, though you have not been bound to the Wiccan oaths through Initiation, your words here have indicated that you have given yourself a "curse" or "oath" that you cannot possibly honour. Thoughts are things, and word is bond. My suggestion is that you release yourself from any further hubris by immediately halting your spread of misinformation. You may take my advice or not, but you will be bound to the consequences of your choice. I hope that, in the future, you will grow in your understanding and satisfaction with yourself and your path.  

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:41 am
Neko_Bast

In "A Witchs Bible" Janet and Stewart Farrar state that Gardner used these names for the God and the Goddess. I will agree that it kinda leaves out the O/H King and the MMC concept. I personaly don't really like these name becaue they do leave those consepts out.
Haven't we established that the books by the Farrar are Outer Court and thus do not include accurate information on the Mysteries?

Quote:

You are not the "all knowing one." Please stop acting like it. Now if someone who was acualy Wiccan was saying this.....^-^
Well, [Kudzu] is, Reagun was- they have both said you are WRONG... so... now how were you going to finish that sentance?

Perhaps with something akin to "Now if someone who was actualy [sic] Wiccan was saying this..... I would concede the point, adopt an accurate term, such as Eclectic Pagan, and stop lying to others, claiming something I am not, and continue upon my path to know the gods who have called me."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:18 am
Light Chakra
stare I seriously doubt that the same person would have written it... rolleyes

Did you click on the links?

http://www.unicorntrad.org/page6.htm

I am purposely putting in URL format so you can see i'm telling the truth.
This is from the same site as you quoted earlier. This is the tradition you were talking about right?

Read the second book she published.

If you dont believe me, go to that unicorn site and then click on the link for Lady Galdriel(sp?).

Now again i refer back to the other link

http://www.serpentstone.org/articles/newlaws_text.html
Scroll all the way down to the end and check out who wrote it and where/who was published it....

Grove of the Unicorn. Lady Galdriel

If you still want to join them then that your choice and more power to you.

Actually if you look here

http://www.unicorntrad.org/orderform.htm
You can even buy it from them if you want.

Now also please note the ordring address. It matches the address on the new book on the law from the other website.

I do find it somewhat curious that they dont link directly to the "law" to it on the site....

But "The new book of the law" was written by the Unicorns founder priestess.
FACT*

*(assuming of course that the unicorn website isnt as reagun ban as already asking a joke)  

quantum_leaper

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:40 am
I am going to stick with my original assertion, with this new information. I honestly think Light Chakra is pulling the piss along with that whole "tradition"

Either that or they do a LOT of drugs in that tradition.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:07 am
I'm a little more puzzled by the fact that she doesn't give a damn enough about tradition to do the basic research into the culture she belongs to- if she had, she would have seen goddess traditions in her "Jewitch" history.  

TeaDidikai

Light Chakra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:57 pm
Thanks for the vote of confidence Reagun, I'm glad you think I'm a liar and a cheat.
confused Umm there's honestly no way that I can think of to prove you wrong, but I have no means by which to lie to you in the first place...
If you want you could ask the guy in that one link on the Phoenixmoon homepage, but then again who's to say I'm not him right?
That was incredibly insulting to me, so thanks.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:05 pm
Light Chakra
Thanks for the vote of confidence Reagun, I'm glad you think I'm a liar and a cheat.
confused Umm there's honestly no way that I can think of to prove you wrong, but I have no means by which to lie to you in the first place...
If you want you could ask the guy in that one link on the Phoenixmoon homepage, but then again who's to say I'm not him right?
That was incredibly insulting to me, so thanks.

Unicorn Wicca.
Started by a woman called "Galadriel" who believes wicca was practiced in ATLANTIS.

I really don't know what you expect, you seem to be acute and intelligent so I figure you're either sucker punched, in which case I offer you my most humble apologies.

To be honest, I expected Galdriel's tradition was linked to the new book of the law when I asked you. So I presumed it was a parody. I am sorry that it isn't and you fell for Wicca's equivalent of Scientology.

Move to Ireland, I'll bring you to some proper Wiccans. No sacrafice, I swear.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:40 pm
reagun ban

Move to Ireland, I'll bring you to some proper Wiccans. No sacrafice, I swear.
Awwww... that's no fun. gonk  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces