Your all going to Hell! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you beleave in Hell?
  Yes
  No
  An eternity of Pergatorial GOLD for me...(pole whore option)
View Results

blink146

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:44 pm
hahaha there's no hell!
based on a theory of life and energy I have amassed theoretical evidence against heaven and hell. My mom runs the go to hell line on me all the time, think nothing of it, unless your like me and it gives you bitter amusement lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:47 am
Truth be told, people are scared that once they die there is nothing left, nothing but the sweet darkness to comfort you. If people keep thinking that then people will just stop bothering doing anything at all. When you know all that awaits you is the darkness of Oblivion.  

Lord Blade Icestorm

The Deadliest Grace

4,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:41 pm
moongoyal
Ok...I have been told this a lot. That Im going to Hell.
this leads to a great big conundrum to me...because I have never beleaved in hell (even my parents reiligion does not include it). so how precisely am I going to be condemed to a place that does not exist.
condemn me to oblivion why dont you...its a lot more likely.

so im wondering...does anyone else get told this...and what do you think?

yup. I get told this by my grandmother. My step-step-granny anyway. i just ignore her. jeez, i dont even call her grandma. i call her adeline. or b***h when its just people i trust, lol. mrgreen but no. really. she always told my sister that she was going to hell. I hate her. me and my family swear shes just gonna kill off my grandfather for the money.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:50 pm
My boyfriends' priest told him that he was going to Hell x'D  

A Little Retarded

RobynCorynne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:37 pm
Blood_Line
Lacinia
Yay, I'm going to Hell to meet all those lovely bishies!

But seriously, I as well think hell as a state of mind. You can save somebody from it, but the final salvation (using those awfully christian terms) is up to you. I would call depression a hell (looking back to my friendships with some people who have experienced it) as well as some other things bad enough to the person and the people around him.

And those fanatic christians are just funny. "Yeah, I'm really looking forward to meeting Satan! Do you think he has feathery or leather wings? mrgreen "
if i said something like that i'd have the whole FCS (fellowship of christian students) on my a** in three seconds flat. they have a radar for that s**t... in my school...

Can they really have those? We have FCA (fellowship for christian athletes) I wonder if thats illegal..... *ponders*

anyways... yeah... I'm goin to hell. XD
But I tell people they're goin to hell all the time, when they say/do mean/stupid stuff. ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:49 pm
Why yes I am heart  

HoldTheOnion

Lord Blade Icestorm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:50 am
I like the darkness that clouds my mind which is why I am the way I am. I scare normal people but I dont care being gothic and dark and somewhat sadistic is what I am best at.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:32 am
I believe that there is a hell. It's very real. But I never pull a "you're going to hell" line on anyone. It's not something to be taken lightly with me.  

MortSanglant

Nevaedra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:56 pm
Hell as a Concept of Possible Afterlife

I always hated the phrase "you're going to hell" because it's often used after someone does something another person considers wrong.

Not only is it rude to force your beliefs on other people (outside of the general unspoken rules of being considerate to your fellow man), but especially since Christians are those most likely to use the term.

As a Christian I find it amusing that people think that if you do something a certain way or don't do something a certain way that you will go to hell. If one studies the concepts and principles behind the Christian faith it can be understood that no one is worthy of heaven and all fall short due to the nature of man. You come into the world destined for hell. So if anyone ever tells you "You're going to hell" they don't have a clear picture of their own faith. You can then proceed to tell them that if it wasn't by the grace of the God that they so willingly put their faith in that they'd be going to hell too. Maybe that will keep them from thinking they're so much better. Besides...why trust a person who thinks that all faith is is fire insurance? LAME!

I believe that there is a hell. I don't think the biggest issue is that it will be uncomfortable or that scary Satan will be there. The big deal for me is that I feel like I know God personally...and I wanna chill with him when I die...not be separated from him for eternity.

I also believe that hell can be a term used for a mental state of an individual. Chaos in man can be accurately described as a "hell".

So yeah. There's my two cents. Rock on.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:08 pm
Quote:
Hell is mostly a motivator to keep people who believe in christianty from doing wrong in this life because they believe they will be punished in the afterlife.

Not exactly. Christians believe that they are forgiven of sins because they have received salvation, and nothing can separate them from God; not even sin. We generally try to avoid sinning in order to become more like Christ, but it happens. Christians are humans after all.

No, hell is reserved for those who worship themselves (and by doing so serve Satan), refusing to acknowledge God's sovereignty.

Basically it all boils down to who you think Jesus is. If you think he was a good prophet, that doesn't help you much. If you believe that he is the Son of God, that's another thing.

I'm not saying that it's proven or that it makes a whole lot of sense, but that 's what I believe.

What I'm curious to know is...

Why does that statement offend you if you don't believe in Hell?

Merry Platypus

nayasumei

Tipsy Tipper

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:25 pm
Hiroshi Meisuke
demonicgoddessnaya-sen
For what i believe, there is a hell and its a much nicer place then this planet. But if i were going to hell i'd freez it up (i dont like the heat)

For what is reality, there is no hell. This is hell.

Religion was made to answer questions about life, like where we came from, and hell is a fairy tale made to scare people.

Besides who would want to go to heaven, i mean judging by how it sounds its not such a great place. its too bright and having to worship god all the time and never being able to let out a little steam without people frowning upon you. It just doesnt sound like the BEST place.

But i guess anywhere's better then here.
Well, although I don't agree with everything you say... I have to admit I like your outlook on life...
Same Here...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:52 am
One of my favorite phrases is 'I'm going to Hell, who's coming with me?' but I don't actually believe I'm going there. My mother's told me to go there more times than I can count and that's ok too. I may not be going to Heaven per say, but I don't believe that this is an absolute law...besides I've got too much to worry about in this life to worry too much about the next.  

Oterys

Solomon 469

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:07 am
moongoyal
Ok...I have been told this a lot. That Im going to Hell.
this leads to a great big conundrum to me...because I have never beleaved in hell (even my parents reiligion does not include it). so how precisely am I going to be condemed to a place that does not exist.
condemn me to oblivion why dont you...its a lot more likely.

so im wondering...does anyone else get told this...and what do you think?
All too often.
The way i see things: Live your life now, however worthless it is. and worry about death when it comes. Hell, Heaven, their just words. But if indeed they do exist. Then id pick Hell. Pain eternal suffering... BLAH!
Worry about that later, just be YOU.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:05 am
i have been told several times that i'm going to hell, because i've thought and attempted suicide. wtf? there is no such place as hell. my parents believe there is a hell, but i don't. just live your life and be a good person, that's all that matters.  

Elven-Lied-Fan

Elven-Lied-Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:20 am
Alchemic_Wrath
I get told this alot not for being goth. Mostly for thinking gay marrige is exeptible(my mom's a lesbian). Even more for being a Wiccan. One person pesters me alot saying how Christ prevails me and splashes me with water and I freak out. So he says I am going to hell no doubt about it. So I say hell doesn't exist and the devil doesn't exist. I am coming back as something else and so are you. Heaven and hell are a myth. Then he just says YOU LITTLE SATANIST. It gets old.

P.S. I am not as mad about the Christ prevails you as I am having a bottle of water splashed on me.
same here. i think it's okay if your a lesbian/bi/gay. and i am wiccan. and i attempted suicide. those christians of the lunatic fringe told me i was going to hell just for that. and im just like pff, whatever. there is no such thing as hell. it's just something for the hypocritical christians among us to threaten us with. for them its do as i say, not as i do. twisted but i did leave that church not too long after that. and i haven't been back to that place since.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff