Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Harry Potter] =o (Spoilers for movies & books) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jade Rotaski

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:45 am
HA HA Me and my friend were talking about Harry's kids and she was like
"Oh lord please let little James Potter be gay for Scorpius!" I founD that so funny XD I think Albus severus likes one of Ron and Herminone's kids (Can't remeber what thier called)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:57 am
Jade Rotaski
HA HA Me and my friend were talking about Harry's kids and she was like
"Oh lord please let little James Potter be gay for Scorpius!" I founD that so funny XD I think Albus severus likes one of Ron and Herminone's kids (Can't remeber what thier called)

Bwhaha. I don't really like [highlight]JamesxScorpius as much as AS/S cause we don't know what house AS is in and they're in the same year... Haha. Rom and Herminone's kids are Hugo and Rosie I think. Haha. But they're his COUSINS!  

psychotic LEE

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:46 am
I had a few gripes with the book but I hated the epilogue the most. I always hate epilogues who only serve the purpose of telling me who got with who and how many kids they had. It, in no way, adds to the plot of the story. I like Hermione/Ron but that doesn't mean I need to know that they got married and had two kids. I don't care!

@Jade Rotaski : That's what AUs are for, lol. Anyway, if I've learned anything from other series with these kinds of epilogues, it's that people will just ignore them and write whatever they want anyway.

My other really big gripes with the book were as follows:

1a) No one from Slytherin House decided to stay and fight? Really? You don't have to be a good person/like Muggles/whatever to realize that Voldy's was dangerous. Make up a reason that isn’t out of the kindness of their heart! Voldy might get in the way of their plans for world domination for all I care! Just don't make them all leave!

1b) Fenrir Greyback mentions that there are no Muggle borns in Slytherin House. So where do you go if you're Muggle born but have all the characteristics that would make you a Slytherin? Ambition, cunning, power hunger and resourcefulness aren't traits for wizards only. Where do they go? Would the hat says "cunning and resourcefulness are sort of like intelligence... Whatever. Close enough. RAVENCLAW! "

2) Is there no birth control in the Wizarding World? C'mon Lupin, Tonks! You're intimately involved in a war, why are you not using birth control magic! The last thing I'd want to do is get pregnant during a war! That whole pregnancy thing annoyed me because it made Tonks nothing more than a housewife. She's this awesome Auror who we don't get to see do anything because she's preggers for half the book and then dead for the rest of it. FTW. Also I agree with Mistress Ophiucha on how Lupin/Tonks went from awkward to married in like 2 months. Oro?

3) Dues ex Machina

However what I did like about the book…

1) Did anyone else realize that when everyone took the Harry flavored polyjuice potion, there were at least 2 Harrys wearing panties? XDD

2) Ron punching Malfoy. That will always bring a smile to my face.

3) Neville was so bad a**! I thought that was so awesome.

4) Malfoy family love!

There’s like so much more but I’m going to stop now!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:24 am
JKR did make it hard for [highlight] next gen pairings if you don't like incest though... I mean Ted and Scorpius are second cousins, no? (Narcissa - Andromeda; sisters - Draco; Nymphadora - cousins) - and Victoire, Hugo, Rosie, Lily, James, and Albus Severus are all cousins (Ginny; Ron; Bill - siblings). I mean, she really didn't give us much room, did she? Of course, I don't mind incest - so to hell with it all.

but I agree with LadyNox on everything she says; and yes - AUs are love at this point.
panty-wearing!Harry, I thought of that too - but I didn't get a chance to go online until way after I read that chapter, so it sorta left my mind. Don't they keep their voices too? Imagine Fleur talking with Harry's voice O_o - actually, Hermione is quite funny too...

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:56 am
Mistress Ophiucha
Imagine Fleur talking with Harry's voice O_o

And using his gesticulations? That would be hilarious! That better be in the movie. I wanna see Fab-French-Harry!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:34 am
            or perhaps in S L Y T H E R I N

xD oh god, so much great potential

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

MinaMouse

Magnetic Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:45 pm
LadyNox
2) Is there no birth control in the Wizarding World? C'mon Lupin, Tonks! You're intimately involved in a war, why are you not using birth control magic! The last thing I'd want to do is get pregnant during a war! That whole pregnancy thing annoyed me because it made Tonks nothing more than a housewife. She's this awesome Auror who we don't get to see do anything because she's preggers for half the book and then dead for the rest of it. FTW. Also I agree with Mistress Ophiucha on how Lupin/Tonks went from awkward to married in like 2 months. Oro?

Psst, "FTW" means "For the Win" implying you liked it. (when obviously you didn't)

Tonks is too awesome to spend her last months as a housewife. gonk

But I started to really like AS/S. :33 User Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:23 am
HP slash! Best one's out there! <.< I'll list down my minute pairings list...

Harry/Draco
James/Severus [Marauder era, yum!] Sucks how it's not really that estabalished... *sigh*

Albus Severus/Scorpius, err, even though she made them go at it like rabbits, she left the year open, AS/S AHOY!!!

And AS/S, God I love that xd

And beside, did anyone ********! What would they have done in the 19 years, assuming Harry/Ginny was about 14 years.

And then there's the prospect of Harry or Draco cheating on their wives, with, well, yeah. <.<; Pfft, it's not written in stone what happened during those 19 years, and the year lovely Albus Severus gets sorted... mrgreen

And yes, the epilogue was written like an illiterate fanfic, but she has made a next generation, with an open-ending! 3nodding

Yay for HP slash! heart  

Lenre Li
Crew

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:03 pm
MinaMouse
LadyNox

Psst, "FTW" means "For the Win" implying you liked it. (when obviously you didn't)

Tonks is too awesome to spend her last months as a housewife. gonk

But I started to really like AS/S. :33 User Image

Whatev. lol.

But yeah, I wasn't terribly impressed with how Rowling dealt with the ladies in this book. They were all totally cool until this book. But then, everyone was really lacking in uber coolness this book. So there's no real feminist roar in my complaints. Though I gotta say Bella v Molly was really awesome.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:30 pm

Aaa. I was so happy when I went online after I finished the book to discuss it with everyone and realised that I WASN'T the only person who was slashing Albus and Scorpius. Honestly, after I read the epilogue, I don't know why my brain jumped to that so quickly gonk
AS/S. Can we say subliminal messaging? xd

But yeah. Remus/Sirius = magical happy OTPness. Has been for quite a bit. ^^
User Image

Vexworth

retice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:33 pm
LadyNox

But then, everyone was really lacking in uber coolness this book.

I agree. Except for Neville. He kicked a**. =3
Remus bothered me a lot in this one. Maybe his personality digressed into uncoolness because his partner in crime is dead. Who knows? Honestly though, he was behaving like a little girl. Lupin is my favorite character besides the twins, so it really tore my heart out to read.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:51 pm
retice
LadyNox

But then, everyone was really lacking in uber coolness this book.

I agree. Except for Neville. He kicked a**. =3
Remus bothered me a lot in this one. Maybe his personality digressed into uncoolness because his partner in crime is dead. Who knows? Honestly though, he was behaving like a little girl. Lupin is my favorite character besides the twins, so it really tore my heart out to read.

Seriously. He's a grown man. Why is he acting like such a moron? Rowling just wanted Harry to b*tch at someone for abandoning children or whatever it was he b*tched at him about. I don't remember anymore. Blotted out most of the book.  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

SharpCookies

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:44 pm
Contributing to the talk of the last book and epilouge, I think she should've told us about George >_>... [highlight] I mean, his twin brother ********' DIED. We should have the right to find out what happens to him afterward, especially about the shop and the supposed child he had with some mystery woman (JK mentions George having a child in a interview) that he named after Fred. if we found out more, we could slash Fred Jr with many of the new gen characters. Hmm... maybe... Fred Jr/Teddy? James/Fred Jr? Hmm? Hmm?
xP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:19 pm
or perhaps in S L Y T H E R I N ////////////

Fred Jr./James Jr. forever. <- highlight.
Did anybody hear the recent interview? Dumbledore's gay. Love it ~ oh, and for anybody who cared, highlight --> Neville gets with Hannah. Go figure.

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Orion-Star_Sirius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:53 pm
totally.Sirius x remus make a HOT couple!!!  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games