Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Main Forum
I joined! ...Now what? Meeting, greeting, and direction Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's your favorite part of the hobby?
  The gaming!
  The painting and modeling!
  The literature and background!
  The people! You guys are awesome!
  Everything! I can't choose!
View Results

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:55 am
Ormagoden
Hello everyone! My name's Eddy, but my friends call me Magnus. If it makes it easier, you can just call me (orma)God(en).
I've played a shooty Dark Eldar Army for two years, and I have a severe addiction to Trueborn squads. I've sought out help, but it just won't stop.
But lately I've been scaling back on the tabletop and taking to the lore and literature!
My favorite pre-heresy legion is the Thousand Sons and post-heresy would have to be the Storm Wardens. Because who doesn't like Scottish Highlander Space Marines? Though the fanmade Lantern Marines are a close second.

But that gives the illusion of loyalism. Which is wrong. Because I'm a devotee of the Great Father Nurgle, and you can't change that :p

Welcome, welcome. ^^; I'm sure that you will find people to discuss Nurgle, and the Dark Eldar, and pretty much everything else you'd think of ^^ There are quite a few people into the heavy lore and fluff. There is someone else here who paints/plays Thousand Sons and Dark Eldar, Shinobi_8745, and he might be someone with whom you can talk as well.  
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:00 pm
Hello everyone I'm Bizkit, feel free to call me Biz, I've been a fan of warhammer for almost a decade, I have a pretty basic Custom space marine army that I've not played much but in truth I'm a much bigger fan of the ruinous powers and honestly the grunts of the guard ((Guants ghosts)). I myself prefer the literature and so far have been reading a few omnibus's; fave legion pre-heresy would definitely have to be the Dark Angels, Lion El Johnson was bad-a**. Post heresy I'd have to say either the Word Bearers or Alpha Legion.

Xxx- Bizkit -xxX

Witty Regular

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Citizen 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:34 pm
Xxx- Bizkit -xxX
Hello everyone I'm Bizkit, feel free to call me Biz, I've been a fan of warhammer for almost a decade, I have a pretty basic Custom space marine army that I've not played much but in truth I'm a much bigger fan of the ruinous powers and honestly the grunts of the guard ((Guants ghosts)). I myself prefer the literature and so far have been reading a few omnibus's; fave legion pre-heresy would definitely have to be the Dark Angels, Lion El Johnson was bad-a**. Post heresy I'd have to say either the Word Bearers or Alpha Legion.
Heya, welcome! I'm mostly in the same situation, with quite enjoying the literature and modeling, but a bit behind on playing the game as of late. Either way, the guild is a great way to get some book recommendations and discuss the fluff. If you've got any questions, feel free to ask!  
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:37 pm
DarkElf27
Heya, welcome! I'm mostly in the same situation, with quite enjoying the literature and modeling, but a bit behind on playing the game as of late. Either way, the guild is a great way to get some book recommendations and discuss the fluff. If you've got any questions, feel free to ask!

Ah fluff. Thank you ^^ and I shall.

Xxx- Bizkit -xxX

Witty Regular

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Citizen 200

celestin999

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:38 am
Hello everyone, I've been into 40k for about 5 years now. I've also played a little warhammer fantasy and hordes. I just got back into playing recently, now that my eldar got an update.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:45 am
celestin999
Hello everyone, I've been into 40k for about 5 years now. I've also played a little warhammer fantasy and hordes. I just got back into playing recently, now that my eldar got an update.
Heya, welcome! I'm a big Eldar fan myself, I'm refurbishing mine as Altansar craftworld Eldar with a fire/lava theme. They're on a back-burner until I get my Tallarn list done, though.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

xXRedemption_VengeanceXx

Eloquent Tactician

10,025 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:06 pm
Hello guys, I just recently got into warhammer 40k a few months back. I was particularly drawn to the Blood Angels mainly because I run angels in MTG biggrin Anyways I'm having a lot of fun in painting but I'm really troubled on what paints to pick up and how to sharpen my skills and such. Go go Gabriel Seth!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:44 am
xXRedemption_VenganceXx
Hello guys, I just recently got into warhammer 40k a few months back. I was particularly drawn to the Blood Angels mainly because I run angels in MTG biggrin Anyways I'm having a lot of fun in painting but I'm really troubled on what paints to pick up and how to sharpen my skills and such. Go go Gabriel Seth!
Welcome aboard! Blood Angels can definitely be fun, units like the Baal Predator and Furioso Dreadnought are great armor, while the idea of running heavy assault infantry, smashing into enemy lines can be very satisfying indeed. 3nodding Have you picked up any minis yet, or is it all hypothetical?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

xXRedemption_VengeanceXx

Eloquent Tactician

10,025 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:08 am
DarkElf27
xXRedemption_VenganceXx
Welcome aboard! Blood Angels can definitely be fun, units like the Baal Predator and Furioso Dreadnought are great armor, while the idea of running heavy assault infantry, smashing into enemy lines can be very satisfying indeed. 3nodding Have you picked up any minis yet, or is it all hypothetical?

Picked up a battleforce, and some of the HQ's, the ones im missing are Tycho, Sanguinor, and Mephiston. I just love the blood angels models. So pretty. A good couple of death company as well. Then for proxies I got my hands on two sets of Dark Vengeance x_x that I somehow didn't have to pay for. Lucky me.

The only trouble I'm having is finding a good gold. I've been using pain exclusively from GW just cause I don't know what other paint brands to look for.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:29 am
An introduction.

Well, there isn't much to say, i got 42 black library published books, i have all but one of the Gaunt's Ghosts novels. Salvation's Reach i think is the one I'm missing. I have a passion for history, and have quite a few books on the U.S. Civil War and WWII. I logged over 1,600 game hours on in the last year, 771 hours of it on skyrim and thats just on my PC, another 3,000 hours on my xbox. I have a base point value of 3,000 points racked up on my Catachan army. And i can some what draw, but I can only draw tanks, buildings and stuff like that. iv been playing warhammer 40k for about 11 years now and have fought against orks, chaos, necrons, eldar, SM's, and Cadians. chaos is the one army choice i have fought against the most. I smoke, and i work at a hotel my family owns, so i got a lot of free time on my hands. im 23 and im a guy. yes i know, i got a female avi on gaia, but this is only temporary. as for what to call me, ibram is good, bram is better, but i also go by zweil, yarrick, and marc. I also keep 2 guard codexes, one old and one is new, the rule book, apocalypse, and planetstrike books on me at all times.

guess thats about it.  

commissar ibram gaunt

Dedicated Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

XavierLight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:29 pm
Sup everyone?

Name's Xavier. Not my real name but it's the one I go by on Gaia and various other places.

I collected and played 40k from 2nd Edition up until 4th Edition, at which point my local store closed down. A lack of free time and/or funds didn't help in the matter. I still have my miniatures, mostly badly painted from being a kid back then.

I've collected Ultramarines since 2nd Ed and will collect them again if/when I get back into the model side. In the mean time I run as a Ultramarine in Space Marine's online versus on the PS3; in fact I run the Ultramarines in Space Marine's online versus on the PS3. We operate out of an Enjin forum now that the Space Marine forums went down. As much as the game lags and annoys us, we still love it and we'll all be moving to Eternal Crusade once it hits. Well, us and the other dozen or so Chapters and Warbands we face off against regularly.

If I had the time and funding, I'd most likely get this and then find somewhere to display it once it was finished.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:59 am
XavierLight
Sup everyone?

Name's Xavier. Not my real name but it's the one I go by on Gaia and various other places.

I collected and played 40k from 2nd Edition up until 4th Edition, at which point my local store closed down. A lack of free time and/or funds didn't help in the matter. I still have my miniatures, mostly badly painted from being a kid back then.

I've collected Ultramarines since 2nd Ed and will collect them again if/when I get back into the model side. In the mean time I run as a Ultramarine in Space Marine's online versus on the PS3; in fact I run the Ultramarines in Space Marine's online versus on the PS3. We operate out of an Enjin forum now that the Space Marine forums went down. As much as the game lags and annoys us, we still love it and we'll all be moving to Eternal Crusade once it hits. Well, us and the other dozen or so Chapters and Warbands we face off against regularly.

If I had the time and funding, I'd most likely get this and then find somewhere to display it once it was finished.
Heya, and welcome aboard! That's one hell of an investment, though when I saw it it made me think of the inside cover of the 3rd edition Space Marine codex, where they had the older version of the Ultramarines chapter on display. Makes you wonder what they did with all those old models!  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Artificial Goth

Sparkly Player

5,600 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:08 am
Hello Everyone..I Joined This Guild Because The Captain Invited Me.. And I Looked At The Guild And It Look's Pretty Amazing So I Accepted It.

So I'll Be Like Posting In Forums Or Making Topics In This Guild..
And I Am Doing A Giveaway Next Month! It's A Blast! I Was About To Giveaway Some Items In My Other Guild But The Guild Member's Are Manier..

I Also Want To Be A Vice Captain Of This Guild!
I Want To Be Mentioned By Other Gaians That Joined..
The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Fantasy Guild Of Gaia.

Anyways Don't Stop Bumping Because The More You Bump The More I Give Giveaways smilies/icon_biggrin.gif smilies/icon_blaugh.gif

-BY: ARTIFICIAL GOTH.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:10 am
Welcome! If you want to post give-aways or a bump thread or that sort of thing, try the guild Chatterbox, helps to keep those separated from the hobby threads. 3nodding So what's your hobby of choice then, since you joined?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:21 am
Artificial Goth
Hello Everyone..I Joined This Guild Because The Captain Invited Me.. And I Looked At The Guild And It Look's Pretty Amazing So I Accepted It.

So I'll Be Like Posting In Forums Or Making Topics In This Guild..
And I Am Doing A Giveaway Next Month! It's A Blast! I Was About To Giveaway Some Items In My Other Guild But The Guild Member's Are Manier..

I Also Want To Be A Vice Captain Of This Guild!
I Want To Be Mentioned By Other Gaians That Joined..
The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Fantasy Guild Of Gaia.

Anyways Don't Stop Bumping Because The More You Bump The More I Give Giveaways smilies/icon_biggrin.gif smilies/icon_blaugh.gif

-BY: ARTIFICIAL GOTH.

Welcome smile I guess by quoting you I am mentioning you.... so your wish is granted.

What aspect of the hobby is your favorite? Mine personally is being able to share in this with my husband. smile

Which types of games and miniatures suit your fancy? Despite everyone's loathing of them, I actually prefer white metal. easier to work with in alot of cases.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff