Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Charms Summer Term 2012 closed due to inactivity Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Syreyn rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Syreyn

10,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:30 am
Determined to at least get the broom off the ground Amanda decides to give it another go.

Yes! I've done it! Amanda exclaims as she hops on her broom and happily flies around a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:02 am
techpriest35
for all those who did the wingardium leviosa spell instead of the hovering charm (which in the books and web pages didnt give an incantation) you didnt get any points and continueal use of the wrong spell will result in the loss of house points as per the rules ont he first page

((OOC: stare Arggggg. I guess that's what we get for following other's examples. I was specifically looking for an incantation; like what we were supposed to SAY. Can we like... do it again or no?))  

Pearls of Diamonds

Invisible Borg

8,950 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:52 pm
(ooc @diamond yes you can do it again the extra creit is not going to have a due date just depends on wheather you finish it by the time the class is over in not then you wont get as many extra points if so then you get the extra points ))  
Pearls of Diamonds rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:16 am
Willow's ears perked up at "extra credit" and she now take a few minutes to grab a pile of tiny test brooms and try the spell. The first broom doesn't move an inch when she casts. "Did I even cast the spell?" She asks herself.  

Pearls of Diamonds

Invisible Borg

8,950 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Pearls of Diamonds rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

Pearls of Diamonds

Invisible Borg

8,950 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:25 am
Unhappy with this result, Willow tried again, attempting to get the right flow of emotion, like she did before. The broom hovered pretty well, but not very high. It looked like the ones she'd seen in toy shops, and she sighed. "Well, it's a start."  
Pearls of Diamonds rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:26 am
Casting again, Willow is elated to find that the broom is just as functional as the one she watched friends use in the school Quidditch game. Or maybe not, she thought, seeing as I know so little about Quidditch. But it works well!  

Pearls of Diamonds

Invisible Borg

8,950 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Pearls of Diamonds rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

Pearls of Diamonds

Invisible Borg

8,950 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:27 am
Elated by her success, she tries again. The broom flies alright; straight into the floor. "A backfire?!" she says, a little stunned at the sudden movement in the opposite direction she had attempted.  
Pearls of Diamonds rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:36 am
Maybe just the wrong emotion. I need to feel more determined! She told herself, casting on a different broom, as the other one was currently kind of stuck. Unfortunetly, the second broom also got stuck in the floor. She glanced toward the professor. This probably happens a lot right? she thought.She won't be mad

Well, at least I got a few good casts in! Maybe my score won't be that bad
Just because it was extra credit didn't mean it was meaningless to her, after all.

Pearls of Diamonds

Invisible Borg

8,950 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:08 pm
ok all just to let you know im going to be putting lesson 2 up on friday and im going to be updating the house points finish all hw and cw if you havent already thx  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:57 am
ok lesson 1 is now unable to be turned in im putting up the 2nd leson now  

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:51 am
Pearls of Diamonds
Willow pointed her wand at the stick on the floor, thinking she should try the first spell again for good measure. It was the only one so far she couldn't get a really good cast on. "Engorgio!" It seemed a little better than her last cast, but she decided to put a little more emotion into it next time. Maybe that's what makes the difference she thought, but remembered the Professor's words. Though I have to make sure it channels well instead of turning to disaster!
2 points for ravenclaw  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:56 pm
techpriest35
Pearls of Diamonds
Willow pointed her wand at the stick on the floor, thinking she should try the first spell again for good measure. It was the only one so far she couldn't get a really good cast on. "Engorgio!" It seemed a little better than her last cast, but she decided to put a little more emotion into it next time. Maybe that's what makes the difference she thought, but remembered the Professor's words. Though I have to make sure it channels well instead of turning to disaster!
2 points for ravenclaw

A giant smile spread over Willow's face and she had to contain a small scream of delight. It was her first real house points earned!  

Pearls of Diamonds

Invisible Borg

8,950 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:59 pm
hey all you have exactly 4 days to do lesson two or points will be lost for your house  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:39 pm
All students will lose house points for lesson two for not completing it = to the max points availbe since no one even tried  

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:47 pm
Note to self charms 1 students will lose 48pts

Charms 2 will lose 28pts(charms 1 had more classwork than charms two)  
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff