Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Hordes of Chaos Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:07 pm
Okay, here's a 1000-point anti-empire army I've put together. Please comment.

General:
Aspiring Champion of Khorne
-additional hand weapon

123 points

4 Chosen Knights of Khorne

225 points

Chaos Chariot

120 points

15 Chosen Chaos Warriors of Khorne

-Additional Hand Weapons

340 points

10 Warhounds

60 points

5 Chaos Furies

75 Points

5 Gor, 5 Ungor Unit

55 points

Total: 998 points

I'll put my champion in the Chariot. I wish I could have a few more beastmen. Do you think it's even worth bringing only 10?  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:25 am
10 Are just going to get shot to little itty-bitty pieces by the second turn.... thus ending their use as a good screen. Not only that, but after three casualties eat panick test, not fun.

Personally, in games of less than 2k I don't see a point for chariots. They're nice, but they never really earn their keep for me. I'd drop it entirely, put the Aspiring Champion with the chosen on foot and boost up your beast herd. In the same respect, I would probably drop both the furies and and the warhounds and try to pick up some screamers of tzeentch, so much more useful in the long run...

Daicon

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:58 pm
Daicon
10 Are just going to get shot to little itty-bitty pieces by the second turn.... thus ending their use as a good screen. Not only that, but after three casualties eat panick test, not fun.

Personally, in games of less than 2k I don't see a point for chariots. They're nice, but they never really earn their keep for me. I'd drop it entirely, put the Aspiring Champion with the chosen on foot and boost up your beast herd. In the same respect, I would probably drop both the furies and and the warhounds and try to pick up some screamers of tzeentch, so much more useful in the long run...

The army is Khorne, you can't use Tzeentch, sorry.  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:23 pm
Must you nit pick every detail..? Seriously now Daemon_King, you're not even being constructive, you're just slapping down on my thoughts.

But you know, I apologize for thinking in my vague ways. I should have stated that the general should drop down to undevided to allow the Screamers, but meh, I figured that would have been understood. Either way, that was my opninion and it stands.

Daicon

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:17 pm
Daicon
Must you nit pick every detail..? Seriously now Daemon_King, you're not even being constructive, you're just slapping down on my thoughts.

But you know, I apologize for thinking in my vague ways. I should have stated that the general should drop down to undevided to allow the Screamers, but meh, I figured that would have been understood. Either way, that was my opninion and it stands.

Well, I didn't say it was a bad idea......... stare  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:58 pm
Daicon

Nah, I'd prefer to stick to Khorne. Tactically, it's better. But at the same time...I really don't want to use screamers, let's put it that way.

The warhounds were for a screen for my knights. But again, it just not enough of them.

You'll have to excuse me, I'm used to playing in the 2K range. A chariot could easily take out an entire regiment with the mark of Khorne. It won't kill the entire unit, but it will usually force them to break and let my chariot mow them down. I'll rewrite up a new list.  

Lethkhar

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:02 pm
We fought this weekend. 2 vs. 2. We had me and a not-so-experienced Chaos Dwarf player versus the beginner Empire player and a fairly experienced Wood Elf player.

Man, I wish I had written a battle report at the time. stressed

Basically, they concentrated (Rather stupidly, I might add) the majority of their fire on the Chaos Dwarves. The Earthshaker Cannon the Chaos Dwarf player had kept the empire cannon at bay for a few turns until it misfired.

Now, I haven't had too much experience against actual cannons. I play the occasional Dwarf, but never Empire. So you can see how I was surprised when one shot from the cannon obliterated half my unit of chaos knights (I was way too reliant on the Earthshaker, I had my knights in a really bad position when I was fired upon, with the knights' flank to the cannon.)

Luckily, I finally reached the Wood Elves' ranks and completely annihilated them in a couple of turns. By now, I had lost about half my army to shooting and the Chaos Swarf player had one black orc (it was one of those freaky funny moments, with one black orc against a unit of 16 spearmen, and the orc was winning), a unit with his champion and one chaos dwarf, and the earthshaker cannon. I wheeled my men around to charge a unit of 8 handgunners in the flank. But I wasn't familiar with the "Battalion" rules. Apparently, not only could the unit stand and shoot, but so could any other handgunners in the battalion. I lost the rest of my knights after a series of unlucky dice rolls, but my warriors were able to kill all the hangunners in one turn and move on to the unit of spearmen. After the first turn of combat, the spearmen ran away. The Chaos Dwarf Player misfired once again, losing his earthshaker cannon. The black orc was left open to charge the cannon. My warriors moved on to the last unit of handgunners, with the Chaos Dwarf champion and his crony moving on to the cannon after the Black Orc (finally) fell to the crewmen.

I had 206 points of men afterwards, and the Chaos Dwarf player had 145.

It wasn't a bad victory, but I have to say I would have been in trouble without that earthshaker. I shudder to think what that cannon could have done had it been able to fire more often.

Anyways, we plan on doing a 1000-point battle with the same players this weekend. Any suggestions for a Warrior-Priest? I'm almost sure the Empire player is going to use one.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:56 am
I am quite new to Warhammer, I was into it last year but not too much. When I was younger I bought some but I didn't know what they were (I'm 15) I don't know alot about rules and such, I mostly like to paint the models. Anyways.
A few years back I bought Archaon. Lately though I haven't liked him so much and so I took him apart and wondered what to do with his parts. I had made a champion of my own about a month ago and I liked how he turned out. I now want to convert him into my lord.
My question is, can I use Archaon's sword and sheild on my champion?
With all of their abilities and all.
Also: Would my new Lord's stats be concidered the same as Archaon on foot's?  

Krimson~Shadow

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:54 am
Krimson~Shadow
I am quite new to Warhammer, I was into it last year but not too much. When I was younger I bought some but I didn't know what they were (I'm 15) I don't know alot about rules and such, I mostly like to paint the models. Anyways.
A few years back I bought Archaon. Lately though I haven't liked him so much and so I took him apart and wondered what to do with his parts. I had made a champion of my own about a month ago and I liked how he turned out. I now want to convert him into my lord.

What? You can't use the effects of Archaon's weapons for some character. Those are one of a kind items. Though, a character can be a Lord or hero, however you want it, but in your case I'd get the rule book and read the rules, get familiar with it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:05 am
Daemon_King
Krimson~Shadow

What? You can't use the effects of Archaon's weapons for some character. Those are one of a kind items. Though, a character can be a Lord or hero, however you want it, but in your case I'd get the rule book and read the rules, get familiar with it.

Well I have the Chaos book, a friend of mine is buying the rule book so we can all use it (all being those of my friends who play)

I don't undertsand though, it's not because Archaon has the weapon that makes it special, all he did was find it, it was already special, so why couldn't my new Lord have it?  

Krimson~Shadow

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:31 pm
Krimson~Shadow
Daemon_King
Krimson~Shadow

Well I have the Chaos book, a friend of mine is buying the rule book so we can all use it (all being those of my friends who play)

I don't undertsand though, it's not because Archaon has the weapon that makes it special, all he did was find it, it was already special, so why couldn't my new Lord have it?

He didn't find it, he fought a Dragon Ogre to get it. The sword is a sacred item of chaos, items that you can give to Heros or Lords are stated in the Magic Items section. Also, I'm going to say this Archaon is a Special Character, he can only, and he alone, have the equipment that is said on his character page, get it?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:55 pm
Yeah I was reading the book a minute ago, I get it now.
But I can have a sword like his, and therefor I can use his sword on my character (only for the modelling, not for the stats or tributes or anything) and use it as a Chaos Daemon Sword (or any other type of magic weapon, just as long as I count the points) right?  

Krimson~Shadow

Krimson~Shadow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:26 pm
Well here's what I came up with:

Lord of Chaos (210pts.)

M 4, WS 8, BS 3, S 5, T 5, W 3, I 8, A 5, Ld 9

Equipment:
Hand Weapon: Berserker Sword (40pts.)
Chaos Armour: Armour of the Damned (30pts.)
Bane Sheild (30pts.)

Total Points: 300  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:35 am
Krimson~Shadow
Yeah I was reading the book a minute ago, I get it now.
But I can have a sword like his, and therefor I can use his sword on my character (only for the modelling, not for the stats or tributes or anything) and use it as a Chaos Daemon Sword (or any other type of magic weapon, just as long as I count the points) right?

Of course. That's half the point of Warhammer. To customize your guys. As far as appearance goes, you can make him look however you like. You just can't give him the same equipment (game-wise, not appearance-wise) as Archaon.  

Lethkhar

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:36 am
Krimson~Shadow
Well here's what I came up with:

Lord of Chaos (210pts.)

M 4, WS 8, BS 3, S 5, T 5, W 3, I 8, A 5, Ld 9

Equipment:
Hand Weapon: Berserker Sword (40pts.)
Chaos Armour: Armour of the Damned (30pts.)
Bane Sheild (30pts.)

Total Points: 300

Oooh...I would take off those stats. Dark Elf might get mad... sweatdrop We're not exactly legally allowed to do that.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff