Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruric Torrune

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:20 pm
Daemon_King
Ruric Torrune
Daemon_King

Sorry, what I meant was is have things that aren't really Clan specific oriented. Have a base of Clanrats, Slaves, Stromvermin, and rat swarms to be more of the stuff you would have than units being of Clan Pestilen, Skyre, Moulder, and Eshin. So your vanillia, that's what I call it, seems more balanced between Clans. So, your coloring could be a leather cloth, so snakebite leather should work, and black could be armor, or metal, just dry brush boltgun metal over it. The fur could be brown, or black for Stormvermin, Rat Ogres, and Warlords. White fur if you plan on having a Grey Seer, which could have an odd shade of blue for cloth along with a leather color cloth. If painted right it may look pretty good.

Yeah, once I get another unit of Clanrats my base will be half way done, I want a rat swarm(something else that dissipeared) and I'd go with Storm Virmen only thing is, I don't know what halburds do. My last incarnation of the army had a very rag tag apearince, the cloth was all different colors and the only thing that unified them was their shields. I'm varing the color of their fur, so that they don't look exactly the same, using different techniqes with a light and dark brown. White fur also looks good on slaves, in an odd way. Metal such as the armour and weapons usualy are a dry brush of bolt gun over black, followed by a wash of either green or brown. Usualy looks good. Yeah, I think I'm going to try brown leather, a blue gray color, and bleached bone for cloth. It should look good in the end.

Haliberds aren't too hard to figure out, just look in the Warhammer Rulebook, or ask someone at the store. I'd like to tell ya, but I think that would be a breech in the guild rules, you know giving out rules for something. Anywho, what you have planned sounds pretty good.

Yeah it would be a breach... sweatdrop I still have yet to pick up the rule book. I have a semiphotographic memory, so I don't realy need it that much.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:38 pm
Ruric Torrune
Daemon_King
Ruric Torrune
Daemon_King

Sorry, what I meant was is have things that aren't really Clan specific oriented. Have a base of Clanrats, Slaves, Stromvermin, and rat swarms to be more of the stuff you would have than units being of Clan Pestilen, Skyre, Moulder, and Eshin. So your vanillia, that's what I call it, seems more balanced between Clans. So, your coloring could be a leather cloth, so snakebite leather should work, and black could be armor, or metal, just dry brush boltgun metal over it. The fur could be brown, or black for Stormvermin, Rat Ogres, and Warlords. White fur if you plan on having a Grey Seer, which could have an odd shade of blue for cloth along with a leather color cloth. If painted right it may look pretty good.

Yeah, once I get another unit of Clanrats my base will be half way done, I want a rat swarm(something else that dissipeared) and I'd go with Storm Virmen only thing is, I don't know what halburds do. My last incarnation of the army had a very rag tag apearince, the cloth was all different colors and the only thing that unified them was their shields. I'm varing the color of their fur, so that they don't look exactly the same, using different techniqes with a light and dark brown. White fur also looks good on slaves, in an odd way. Metal such as the armour and weapons usualy are a dry brush of bolt gun over black, followed by a wash of either green or brown. Usualy looks good. Yeah, I think I'm going to try brown leather, a blue gray color, and bleached bone for cloth. It should look good in the end.

Haliberds aren't too hard to figure out, just look in the Warhammer Rulebook, or ask someone at the store. I'd like to tell ya, but I think that would be a breech in the guild rules, you know giving out rules for something. Anywho, what you have planned sounds pretty good.

Yeah it would be a breach... sweatdrop I still have yet to pick up the rule book. I have a semiphotographic memory, so I don't realy need it that much.

Having the Rulebook helps, sometimes you'll need it more than you think.  

Daemon_King

Ruric Torrune

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:41 pm
Daemon_King

Yep, I'm definately learning that. I use to know what all the different weapons do, but I havn't played fantasy in almost a year.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:21 am
Ruric Torrune
Daemon_King

Yep, I'm definately learning that. I use to know what all the different weapons do, but I havn't played fantasy in almost a year.

Fantasy has always been more of my game, and these been some changes, some big and some not so much.  

Daemon_King

Ruric Torrune

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:26 pm
Daemon_King
Ruric Torrune
Daemon_King

Fantasy has always been more of my game, and these been some changes, some big and some not so much.

I prefer fantasy, but since I stoped going to my local store, I've only been able to play 40k. My friend only had a 40k army. But now that I have two armys, should be able to play fantasy again.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:03 pm
Ruric Torrune
Daemon_King
Ruric Torrune
Daemon_King

I prefer fantasy, but since I stoped going to my local store, I've only been able to play 40k. My friend only had a 40k army. But now that I have two armys, should be able to play fantasy again.

Good.  

Daemon_King

Ruric Torrune

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:11 pm
This is the color scheme I settled on.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x261/rurictorrune/IMG_1101.jpg  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:23 pm
Looks perfect, and now you're just about good to go in playing a game of Fantasy.  

Daemon_King

Ruric Torrune

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:47 pm
Well, once I get ahold of a buddy that plays fantasy, and after I finnish painting the fourty other models... I hate going to battle with unfinnished models.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:58 pm
You'll eventually get used to it...  

Daemon_King

Ruric Torrune

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:46 pm
Yeah, it just bugs me anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:16 pm
Haven't been here in awhile.. 4laugh

And I got a question: Is it required to field Nurglitch in a Bubonic Court army?

The only reason I'm asking is because of my last attempt at finding the answer. I went to GW and asked the guys there, and they said you don't have to have Nurglitch in the army. But later I went online to get the army rules, and it said it was "compulsory." Now I'm confused.

El Lubricabre

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:35 pm
El Lubricabre
Haven't been here in awhile.. 4laugh

And I got a question: Is it required to field Nurglitch in a Bubonic Court army?

The only reason I'm asking is because of my last attempt at finding the answer. I went to GW and asked the guys there, and they said you don't have to have Nurglitch in the army. But later I went online to get the army rules, and it said it was "compulsory." Now I'm confused.

In less than 2,000, I believe it is not neccessary. However, once you are capable of taking Nurglitch, I believe you MUST take him.

It is his army, though there's no reason to assume that he leads ALL his forces.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:07 pm
I'm back with skaven questions.... sweatdrop

The people I play a lot with use elves. One does woods and one does high. As such, they have a ton of shooting. So I lose almost all of my force by the time I get to them.

Anyone have any advice for dealing with shooty-elves?

El Lubricabre

Ruric Torrune

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:20 pm
El Lubricabre
I'm back with skaven questions.... sweatdrop

The people I play a lot with use elves. One does woods and one does high. As such, they have a ton of shooting. So I lose almost all of my force by the time I get to them.

Anyone have any advice for dealing with shooty-elves?

Spells, gutter runners, and lot's of skirmish. I get through my wood elf friend that way.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff