The Bretonnians Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:49 am
Lt. Brookman
The man who invented the trebuchet was richly rewarded; "the young man was gifted with a fatted pig and two copper crowns – more wealth than he could have hoped to see in a lifetime."

Now one must ask himself, why would a peasant invent a trebuchet? Or rather what non-battle use would result in such an invention?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:06 am
"The first Bretonnian trebuchet is believed to have been constructed in the small village of D’Ason, on the north coast of Lyonesse. It is said that an eccentric b*****d child, a pious young man prone to fits and visions, built the war machine in a single night of feverish activity, using parts of the crumbling Grail chapel of Adelhard the Second, as well as pieces scrounged from various other sources. When the village was attacked by northern raiders, it was this construction that fended them off, firing massive chunks of masonry to sink the marauders’ longships."  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:39 am
Lt. Brookman
"The first Bretonnian trebuchet is believed to have been constructed in the small village of D’Ason, on the north coast of Lyonesse. It is said that an eccentric b*****d child, a pious young man prone to fits and visions, built the war machine in a single night of feverish activity, using parts of the crumbling Grail chapel of Adelhard the Second, as well as pieces scrounged from various other sources. When the village was attacked by northern raiders, it was this construction that fended them off, firing massive chunks of masonry to sink the marauders’ longships."

Ok... So the guy was insane and built it for no apparent reason?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:05 pm
Yeap. That's exactly it. Remember, Bretonnians are French. And therfore, Crazy.  

BlueLucied

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:09 pm
Racial stereotyping is to be barred from this point onwards, as they are both British and French, a mix of French chivalry and the myths of the Britons.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:58 pm
Lt. Brookman
Racial stereotyping is to be barred from this point onwards, as they are both British and French, a mix of French chivalry and the myths of the Britons.

So they're British Frenchmen...? Ohs noes! They're Quebeckers! xd

Sorry, had to say it.  

Everlasting Chaos

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:59 pm
Well, only the Britons were crazy enough to think that there were dragons and other mythical monsters to slay. The French on the other hand, they had really good taunters. whee  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:16 pm
Lt. Brookman

I disgress. Bretonnians are generally refered to as 'French' by both American and British players, regardless of the many Briton myths that are integrated with the Army and fluff, and thefore are the butt of many a joke about their 'Frenchyness'.

As a Bretonnian player, you must be able to take the jokes about their 'Frenchyness' and be able to turn them around to the other players.

EX: "Hahaha! Bretonnians are so French zat zey cannot see straight."

"Oh ha ha ha. Then your Militiamen/Orcs/Beastmen/Elves just got trampled by near-sighted Frenchmen."

"...."

I was not stereotyping the French as being crazy. I meant it in a comical manner, referring to how sometimes, with all of their crazy magic wargear and rules and fluff ect. ect. ect, Bretonnians can seem very, very crazy.  

BlueLucied

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:50 pm
BlueLucied
Lt. Brookman

I disgress. Bretonnians are generally refered to as 'French' by both American and British players, regardless of the many Briton myths that are integrated with the Army and fluff, and thefore are the butt of many a joke about their 'Frenchyness'.

As a Bretonnian player, you must be able to take the jokes about their 'Frenchyness' and be able to turn them around to the other players.

EX: "Hahaha! Bretonnians are so French zat zey cannot see straight."

"Oh ha ha ha. Then your Militiamen/Orcs/Beastmen/Elves just got trampled by near-sighted Frenchmen."

"...."

I was not stereotyping the French as being crazy. I meant it in a comical manner, referring to how sometimes, with all of their crazy magic wargear and rules and fluff ect. ect. ect, Bretonnians can seem very, very crazy.

I've never been beaten by the Brettonians, so I suppose they just haven't found their "Napoleon" against me, eh? Or if you prefer their "Arthur". xd
Regardless, I agree that they shouldn't be considered completely French. The names are, but the whole feel of the army isn't just French. The polearm is very British as well as archers. Archers are what gave Britain its edge for many years. It states in the book "peasants train in the bow in order to be integrated into armies" apparently they get a whole copper piece, how glorious. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:51 pm
Everlasting Chaos
Lt. Brookman

So they're British Frenchmen...? Ohs noes! They're Quebeckers! xd

Sorry, had to say it.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! We have to let them seperate from Warhammer, then take them over so they stop bitching. xd  

EliotJamesRookwood

BlueLucied

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:51 pm
EliotJamesRookwood

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! We have to let them seperate from Warhammer, then take them over so they stop bitching. xd

Okay? Back to bretonnian-ish-ness then?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:04 pm
BlueLucied
EliotJamesRookwood

Okay? Back to bretonnian-ish-ness then?

If you're not a Canadian, I can see why you didn't get that joke. But if you are, and you're still not laughing, for shame.  

Daicon

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:50 pm
Now then. A challenge to all Brettonian players! Make the strongest Duke you can, and roll off to see who wins in a match!

(I'm really bored, but I don't care if you do or not)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:07 pm
Points not matter?  

BlueLucied

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:04 pm
BlueLucied
Points not matter?

No hippogriff riding, other than that no.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff