Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Cadian IG Restoration/Tallarn Conversion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:58 pm
DarkElf27
Vikki Keeler
DarkElf27
Still painting the above squad, but here's a question. The Tallarn portion of the IG codex mentions off-hand that their rank is indicated by the color of a sash they wear. For the basic troopers, I'm going to make the waist-sash white, to match their shemagh, but what colors should I do for the other ranks (sergeant, platoon officer, company officer)?
White - blue - yellow - red?
The classic primary colors, aye? I think I want to use green in there somewhere, because I know it has Arabic significance.

Given the stuff around Kaliphs, maybe use green for your commanding officer? Or if you have any Ecclesiarchy or Psykers, could use that.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:44 pm
Mayhaps, I was thinking that.

Aaand, prototypes aside, here is the first of the finalized design for the IG infantry.

User Image  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:23 am
No offense meant, but you might want to not take so many close up pics of your minis, it tends to show off the parts that don't look too well a bit too much. sweatdrop

The unpainted armpit is rather distracting as are the tan streaks on the butt of the gun.

That said, well done on your conversion, looking good! Now jump to it, you've got hella loads more to do!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:08 pm
Lt. Brookman
No offense meant, but you might want to not take so many close up pics of your minis, it tends to show off the parts that don't look too well a bit too much. sweatdrop

The unpainted armpit is rather distracting as are the tan streaks on the butt of the gun.

That said, well done on your conversion, looking good! Now jump to it, you've got hella loads more to do!
Aye, the camera tells no lies from that range I suppose, though the under-arm isn't as bare as it looks in that shot.

Right now I'm treading the Chimeras and working on the cupolas, to include the man-portable Hunter Killer crewman sticking through the turret hatch.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:02 pm
Vehicle crews and 1LT Byron Othmane, CO of the infantry platoon for my 600-pt tourney list (also my first-ever bearded model).

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:21 pm
Griffon complete at last! As well, half of the first Tallarn infantry squad.

User Image

User Image  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:28 pm
I hope you plan on weathering those tanks sometime: Imperial Guard vehicles just don't look right without at least a little bit of weathering.  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:27 am
Looking good! How many models do you still have to do before you're done like Ash?  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:14 am
Lady Blodwynn
Looking good! How many models do you still have to do before you're done like Ash?
2 tanks and 37 infantry, though they are almost all basecoated and in various states of layering.  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:25 am
notmuch_23
I hope you plan on weathering those tanks sometime: Imperial Guard vehicles just don't look right without at least a little bit of weathering.
There is a measure of weathering, you might be able to see the oil-drips from below the aquilas and from some of the bolts. I didn't think mud would be appropriate for the desert. xp  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:02 am
DarkElf27
notmuch_23
There is a measure of weathering, you might be able to see the oil-drips from below the aquilas and from some of the bolts. I didn't think mud would be appropriate for the desert. xp
There is always dust that builds over time, not to mention scratched paint due to sand storms or scraped off by rocks.  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:55 pm
DarkElf27
Lady Blodwynn
2 tanks and 37 infantry, though they are almost all basecoated and in various states of layering.

And whoooo do you have to thank for that? 4laugh ninja  

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:52 pm
ArletaMagic
DarkElf27
Lady Blodwynn

And whoooo do you have to thank for that? 4laugh ninja
Mah wiff. heart

In other news, the first complete squad of Tallarn guardsmen is done!

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:05 pm
Currently working on my first Chimera and it's crew, the platoon command squad led by Byron Othmane, who was nicknamed "Mr. T" by an opponent recently for his beard...  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100