Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
VGD:::Vidya Game Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:42 pm
Anaella
Eudaemon
Yeata Zi
Anaella
Yeata Zi
Shiver`
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Playing Skyrim right! biggrin heart heart heart

Whats your favorite game series? Zelda.
- But I also like Fatal Frame. Silent Hill, Professor Layton, Ace Attorney. When ever a new game is out for any of those I tend to pick it up.

What system(s) do you play?
PS3, Wii, DS and PC.

Favorite game character overall?
So many D:.
Princess Peach. Cause I always play her. I'll kick your a** in Brawl in a pink dress! scream heart
I'll kick your a** in Brawl as Princess Daisy.

Pffft, I will destroy you all as a giant blueberry.

User Image
OH IT'S ON!

I think Pit would kill you all.

AY-DE-AY-DE-YAHHHHHHH! INFINITE SPINNING BOW/SWORD OF DOOM!

Pit is such a cheap b*****d. Hate him so much. emotion_donotwant

User Image
I like Captain Falcon

SHOW ME YOUR MOVES  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:46 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Yep, Orpheus is the starting persona and that other guy is another Persona. 3nodding Probably the same deal as was with Izanagi if I'd had to guess. Creepy the way he crawled out of Orpheus though. I suppose I'll figure it out when I play the game myself. /spoiler

Yeah, I about the cameos while I was reading into the remake. The P4 battle system also appeals to me since I have a hard time trusting the AI. I know that the AI in Persona games generally isn't that bad, but I keep expecting something similar to what happened with the first version of Dragon Quest IV. My favorite healer from the DS version apparently used to cast instant death attacks incessantly regardless of what strategy you assigned to him. P3 probably wouldn't be that bad, but I can still see dying because your healer decided to cast a status effect on a boss for no good reason. xd

The Persona 3 battle system is not *THAT* bad. If you tell someone to do Heal/Support, they will do exactly that provided that they have the SP to cast spells. However the character who is more oriented towards healing [Yukari] also has the least number of hit points of anyone per level. Because her AI will always heal the person with the least number of hit points, she is more likely to heal herself even when she is not the most vulnerable.

The enemy can be tossing about Wind damage, which she is very strong against, and she will still heal herself if she is the one with the least number of hit points when she goes to heal. It doesn't matter that she really doesn't need to heal herself at all. Even if there is someone in the party that is weak against wind in this same scenario that is missing a chunk of hit points, she will still heal herself instead if she has less hit points.

Yeah, didn't think it wasn't quite that bad. The original DQIV was on the NES after all. I'm sure there was a vast amount of improvement between then and P3.

Does she have enough hit points that giving her HP boosting equipment would bring her up to almost everyone else on the team? Because if that problem can be remedied it wouldn't be that bad. Alternatively I could just fuse a healing Persona to avoid it completely.

Ha. It is always good to have a healing persona even if just as a backup. There are some boss encounters where I found it easier to have the protagonist heal [even though he is technically more powerful than everyone else due to his ability to swap] if playing original or FES. It's not really an issue in Portable, but it's still good to have that backup healing persona.

It's what I do in Persona 4. ^^ It lets me adapt to situations more easily than if I had to always rely on Yukiko/Teddie for heals. Yukiko might want to dish out some fire damage after all, and Teddie could do just about anything with his turn. I almost don't like using Teddie because then he'll level up to learn something awesome, and then I'm stuck debating about what to erase for it. xd

I like to have a Persona for each element too. I had a pretty awesome Skadi with Invigorate 2, Mabufudyne (fusion forecast gave me a bonus ice skill 8D), Magarula, Mazionga, Repel Fire, Ice Boost, and Ice Amp. I forget what the last skill was, but I think it was Null/Repel Wind. I had to erase Invigorate 2 for Spell Master since all of the other skills were too useful to give up.

Edit; Actually, now that I think about it I might've had regular Bufudyne instead of Ice Boost. Definitely had an Amp though.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Eudaemon

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:15 pm
Here's my city of Eudaemons v.2, obviously no where near finished.
The original was MASSIVE, had automatic doors and giant gardens and destroyed by the virus on my computer. It was built before the swamp biome, but the new city is in a swamp biome because I like the idea of a city built on many scattered islands with trees growing the water all around.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:17 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Yep, Orpheus is the starting persona and that other guy is another Persona. 3nodding Probably the same deal as was with Izanagi if I'd had to guess. Creepy the way he crawled out of Orpheus though. I suppose I'll figure it out when I play the game myself. /spoiler

Yeah, I about the cameos while I was reading into the remake. The P4 battle system also appeals to me since I have a hard time trusting the AI. I know that the AI in Persona games generally isn't that bad, but I keep expecting something similar to what happened with the first version of Dragon Quest IV. My favorite healer from the DS version apparently used to cast instant death attacks incessantly regardless of what strategy you assigned to him. P3 probably wouldn't be that bad, but I can still see dying because your healer decided to cast a status effect on a boss for no good reason. xd

The Persona 3 battle system is not *THAT* bad. If you tell someone to do Heal/Support, they will do exactly that provided that they have the SP to cast spells. However the character who is more oriented towards healing [Yukari] also has the least number of hit points of anyone per level. Because her AI will always heal the person with the least number of hit points, she is more likely to heal herself even when she is not the most vulnerable.

The enemy can be tossing about Wind damage, which she is very strong against, and she will still heal herself if she is the one with the least number of hit points when she goes to heal. It doesn't matter that she really doesn't need to heal herself at all. Even if there is someone in the party that is weak against wind in this same scenario that is missing a chunk of hit points, she will still heal herself instead if she has less hit points.

Yeah, didn't think it wasn't quite that bad. The original DQIV was on the NES after all. I'm sure there was a vast amount of improvement between then and P3.

Does she have enough hit points that giving her HP boosting equipment would bring her up to almost everyone else on the team? Because if that problem can be remedied it wouldn't be that bad. Alternatively I could just fuse a healing Persona to avoid it completely.

Ha. It is always good to have a healing persona even if just as a backup. There are some boss encounters where I found it easier to have the protagonist heal [even though he is technically more powerful than everyone else due to his ability to swap] if playing original or FES. It's not really an issue in Portable, but it's still good to have that backup healing persona.

It's what I do in Persona 4. ^^ It lets me adapt to situations more easily than if I had to always rely on Yukiko/Teddie for heals. Yukiko might want to dish out some fire damage after all, and Teddie could do just about anything with his turn. I almost don't like using Teddie because then he'll level up to learn something awesome, and then I'm stuck debating about what to erase for it. xd

I like to have a Persona for each element too. I had a pretty awesome Skadi with Invigorate 2, Mabufudyne (fusion forecast gave me a bonus ice skill 8D), Magarula, Mazionga, Repel Fire, Ice Boost, and Ice Amp. I forget what the last skill was, but I think it was Null/Repel Wind. I had to erase Invigorate 2 for Spell Master since all of the other skills were too useful to give up.

Edit; Actually, now that I think about it I might've had regular Bufudyne instead of Ice Boost. Definitely had an Amp though.

I like to super specialize my ultimate element personas:
Skadi -- Nilfheim, Mabufudyne, Ice Amp, Ice Boost, Spell Master, Victory Cry, High Counter, Absorb Fire
Surt -- Ragnarok, Maragidyne, Fire Amp, Fire Boost, Spell Master, Victory Cry, High Counter, Absorb Ice
Norm -- Panta Rhei, Magarudyne, Wind Amp, Wind Boost, Spell Master, Victory Cry, High Counter, Absorb Elec
Odin -- Thunder Reign, Maziodyne, Elec Amp, Elec Boost, Spell Master, Victory Cry, High Counter, Absorb Wind  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:25 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

Skadi -- Nilfheim, Mabufudyne, Ice Amp, Ice Boost, Spell Master, Victory Cry, High Counter, Absorb Fire
Surt -- Ragnarok, Maragidyne, Fire Amp, Fire Boost, Spell Master, Victory Cry, High Counter, Absorb Ice
Norm -- Panta Rhei, Magarudyne, Wind Amp, Wind Boost, Spell Master, Victory Cry, High Counter, Absorb Elec
Odin -- Thunder Reign, Maziodyne, Elec Amp, Elec Boost, Spell Master, Victory Cry, High Counter, Absorb Wind

Whoa, those are some really nicely fused Personas! It's a shame that the ultimate elemental skills are too expensive to really be worth it in Persona 4. I hear that they're really good in Persona 3 though.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:45 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby

Whoa, those are some really nicely fused Personas! It's a shame that the ultimate elemental skills are too expensive to really be worth it in Persona 4. I hear that they're really good in Persona 3 though.

You should keep in mind that I also mostly play Persona 3 Portable due to being able to take it around with me. This version does make achieving fusion perfection a lot easier as most skills exist as cards that can be used to force a skill to be on a specific persona. Some though like Nilfheim, Ragnarok, Panta Rhei and Thunder Reign can only be passed about via fusion though.

My Orpheus Telos looks like this:
Ragnarok, Fire Amp, Fire Boost, Mind Charge, Unshaken Will, Null Poison, Sharp Student, Spell Master

Since Surt isn't used to make Orpheus Telos, I had to pass Ragnarok about through fusion like it was herpes. The rest were all skill cards. Oh and Orpheus Telos is a special reward persona in Persona 3 FES and Portable that you can only get by maxing out all S. Links in a single playthrough.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:53 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby

You should keep in mind that I also mostly play Persona 3 Portable due to being able to take it around with me. This version does make achieving fusion perfection a lot easier as most skills exist as cards that can be used to force a skill to be on a specific persona. Some though like Nilfheim, Ragnarok, Panta Rhei and Thunder Reign can only be passed about via fusion though.

Ragnarok, Fire Amp, Fire Boost, Mind Charge, Unshaken Will, Null Poison, Sharp Student, Spell Master

Since Surt isn't used to make Orpheus Telos, I had to pass Ragnarok about through fusion like it was herpes. The rest were all skill cards. Oh and Orpheus Telos is a special reward persona in Persona 3 FES and Portable that you can only get by maxing out all S. Links in a single playthrough.

Ah~ Yes, that would make it easier to give Personas awesome skill sets.

I was going to ask why you had Null Poison, but then I looked up Unshaken Will to discover that it nulls everything except poison. So obviously it's there for completion's sake and not because Poison is the worst thing ever. xd

So you're more likely to get Orpheus Telos in a second playthrough since you don't have to worry about maxing out your social skills. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:01 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby

I was going to ask why you had Null Poison, but then I looked up Unshaken Will to discover that it nulls everything except poison. So obviously it's there for completion's sake and not because Poison is the worst thing ever. xd

So you're more likely to get Orpheus Telos in a second playthrough since you don't have to worry about maxing out your social skills. 3nodding

It can be done on a first time play through, especially in FES and Portable where the Devil S. Link was moved to evening. [Originally you met with the Devil S. Link during the day after school, when most other S. Links meet.] I deleted my save after the last time I played P3P intending to do all S. Links on a first time play through. Although having played the game multiple times, it's still easier for me than if I was fumbling about the game for the first time. <3  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:12 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby

It can be done on a first time play through, especially in FES and Portable where the Devil S. Link was moved to evening. [Originally you met with the Devil S. Link during the day after school, when most other S. Links meet.] I deleted my save after the last time I played P3P intending to do all S. Links on a first time play through. Although having played the game multiple times, it's still easier for me than if I was fumbling about the game for the first time. <3

That reminds me that I still need to try that in Persona 4. I was trying to do so in my latest run through, but I think I'm a bit too late to max understanding for Tower soon enough to finish his. >.< Too focused on getting the other stats to 5.

Games are always easier after the first play through. ^^ It's why I like playing a game a few times so that I can catch things I missed in the previous run, and to try out new strategies. Okami is really good about this because each fight is graded, so after you beat it once you can play again to see if you can get a perfect score against all the bosses. 3nodding One of the bosses you fight so often that by your second play through you can probably beat him blindfolded.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:25 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby

That reminds me that I still need to try that in Persona 4. I was trying to do so in my latest run through, but I think I'm a bit too late to max understanding for Tower soon enough to finish his. >.< Too focused on getting the other stats to 5.

Games are always easier after the first play through. ^^ It's why I like playing a game a few times so that I can catch things I missed in the previous run, and to try out new strategies. Okami is really good about this because each fight is graded, so after you beat it once you can play again to see if you can get a perfect score against all the bosses. 3nodding One of the bosses you fight so often that by your second play through you can probably beat him blindfolded.

You're referring to Yamata-no Orochi?
I've only played Okami once, so that's the only boss that I recall having to fight more than one time.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:31 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby

I've only played Okami once, so that's the only boss that I recall having to fight more than one time.

Yep, that's the one! You have to fight him 3 times. xd I was okay against him in the first fight, and got a perfect score against him the second two times. Veil of Mist is awesome for getting your time down in pretty much every fight. I use it all the time. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:53 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby

Yep, that's the one! You have to fight him 3 times. xd I was okay against him in the first fight, and got a perfect score against him the second two times. Veil of Mist is awesome for getting your time down in pretty much every fight. I use it all the time. ^^

I had to look up what that did. xd
Veil of Mist is pretty much good for any boss where you can use it.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:00 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby

Indeed. 3nodding It's my number one go to combat skill, with Power Slash right behind it. It's a shame that the elemental skills aren't as useful in regular fights until you get the right weapons for them.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:04 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby

Indeed. 3nodding It's my number one go to combat skill, with Power Slash right behind it. It's a shame that the elemental skills aren't as useful in regular fights until you get the right weapons for them.

That just makes it more fun right?  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:10 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby

That just makes it more fun right?

Once you do get the right weapons? Yep, it certainly does make you appreciate having the weapons and not needing to draw a lightning bolt or the infinity sign. ^^ I loved using the Beads, both as a sub weapon and a main weapon. Long range attacks are awesome~  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff