Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Care 4 Magical Creatures have fun [CLOSED] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taking COMC???
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 9 ]
No...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

dancer_ attitude

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:52 pm
"Yes, but as you said, they only change once a month, no more, and even then, wizards have created a potion that lessens the effects, Wolf's Bane."  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:57 pm
"I honestly agree with both of you. They are wizards just like you and me and they are muggles as well. They try to fit in with everyone else and even despite their transformations they have managed to remain docile creatures. For example the werewolf Remus Lupin has been a werewolf since his Hogwarts days but he was able to control it by having a secret place to transform, and he was on Wolf's Bane. He never killed anyone and never harmed a soul until he transformed while trying to turn in Peter Pettigrew. He hadn't taken his Wolf's Bane and that was the only time he transformed in front of others. Therefore not all werewolves are bad."  

JuuzousJason XIII

Vicious Lunatic

22,025 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Married 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75

Syreyn

10,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:52 pm
"Yes, but once transformed he (Lupin) could have killed everyone in the area. What about Fenrir Greyback? A werewolf who is know to try and infect as many people as possible! Not only that, but he prefers to attack children!"  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:39 pm
"Greyback is a different cause entirely and he is the one that changed him in the first place. Greyback rolls with the Death Eaters so yes those that choose not to take the Wolf's Bane are in fact considered to be cold-hearted killers. Lupin never meant to harm anyone therefore he was still docile, and from what I can recall he had Sirius Black to hold him off just like he did back in his school days. The marauders were all unregistered animagi, but James Potter, Sirius Black, and Peter Pettigrew all did so in order to protect Lupin from hurting anyone...in other words he was domesticated."  

JuuzousJason XIII

Vicious Lunatic

22,025 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Married 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75

dancer_ attitude

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:13 pm
"I agree. Being a Werwolf is not what made Greyback evil. It is his run-ins with Deatheaters that did so. Even if his Werwolf abilities do help him to harm people, he would have found a way to hurt people just as much as he does now even without his Werwolf form."  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:54 pm
I agree with Jenna, Greyback would be sadistic even if he wasn't a werewolf. Plus people just don't choose to become a werewolf. It's not their fault ,and in my opinion, they shouldn't be penalized by something they just can't really control.  

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

JuuzousJason XIII

Vicious Lunatic

22,025 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Married 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:59 pm
"There is such a thing as a killing curse...not to mention the other unforgivables. He could easily use those as a Death Eater even if he wasn't a werewolf. Some just choose to go bad so thinking about that since most don't have a choice it was wrong for Umbridge to not allow them jobs, or for kids to no longer be enrolled in Hogwarts just for being a werewolf. You shouldn't place a label on someone on something that they can't control."  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:18 pm
Okay, if this wolfsbane potion rendered them completely harmless, and was easily available there would be no new werewolves. Yet we continue to hear of new cases. This disease can only be spread through a bite, so there must be some who refuse to take the potion, or maybe the potion is hard to make.

((This is really hard to argue anti when i am pro, I don't believe that a whole group should be judged by one persons actions, so noone hate me over this, it's just an assignment smile ))  

Syreyn

10,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Forum Regular 100

JuuzousJason XIII

Vicious Lunatic

22,025 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Married 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:07 pm
"There are muggle werewolves too and they don't have Wolf's Bane that one can buy over the counter like at a drug store. It's not some pill a doctor can prescribe you and take...If a muggle changes they would have to accept what they are and accept wizarding help."  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:36 pm
(ooc title for class needs to be updated cause there isnt really info on the debate just the defination of a debate on page 6
also i saw nothing of this in the first page where the class work and home work are but i still want to participate so to make things fair img oing to choose the i hate were wolves even though i dont)
*starts with the hating*
"there are many reasons why a werewolf shouldnt be allowed in normal society 1 is they are a danger to every one around them
2 is their disesae is uncurable
3 is they are unpredictible
4 they look very grotestec and we dont normally allow the other grotestec creatures like hags to mingle in our every day life
5. werewolves that take the wolfsbane potion are even worse than those that dont take it the reason being that they are normally excused from there actions by the account of being under the influeence of a horrid disease but the potion lets them have their mind back meaning they are fully aware of their crimes of butchering humans indangering citzens attacking muggles witha magical creature that they can do nothing to defend agaisnt and spreading disease and causeing terror to those around them

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

noturtomato

Feral Prophet

12,325 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Expert Converter 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:02 pm
Jewel listens to the debate. There are really good points being thrown around that she has difficulty choosing a side. "Well..." She begins. "Since there is a remedy for avoiding the worst of the effects than it shouldn't take long until we find a cure for werewolf-ism." She blinks. "Is that a word? Nevermind." She continues. "As for mug- I mean humans turning into werewolves then I guess we'll just have to help them or they can lock and chain themselves up somehow, though I doubt that has worked very well in the past."  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:05 pm
techpriest35
(ooc title for class needs to be updated cause there isnt really info on the debate just the defination of a debate on page 6
also i saw nothing of this in the first page where the class work and home work are but i still want to participate so to make things fair img oing to choose the i hate were wolves even though i dont)
*starts with the hating*
"there are many reasons why a werewolf shouldnt be allowed in normal society 1 is they are a danger to every one around them
4 they look very grotestec and we dont normally allow the other grotestec creatures like hags to mingle in our every day life
5. werewolves that take the wolfsbane potion are even worse than those that dont take it the reason being that they are normally excused from there actions by the account of being under the influeence of a horrid disease but the potion lets them have their mind back meaning they are fully aware of their crimes of butchering humans indangering citzens attacking muggles witha magical creature that they can do nothing to defend agaisnt and spreading disease and causeing terror to those around them

Thanks about the title...It was a post that was updated is what happened......
As for you The first page it is under classwork, it is there......
5 EC points for James to be the only one to first attempt anti-werewolf in the debate

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Syreyn

10,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:09 pm
Aunt Slappy
techpriest35
*starts with the hating*

5 EC points for James to be the only one to first attempt anti-werewolf in the debate

I was trying to be anti werewolf Professor, was I not being specific enough?  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:12 pm
Syreyn
Aunt Slappy
techpriest35
*starts with the hating*

I was trying to be anti werewolf Professor, was I not being specific enough?

Sorry Amanda i did not notice, it would have helped if you stated what side you were on sorry about that, Professor Grey decides to give Amanda and James EC

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

JuuzousJason XIII

Vicious Lunatic

22,025 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Married 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:24 pm
Sits back and realizes that James has made several good points about why werewolves were bad news and couldn't argue with any of them.

"Still James not all of them are bad...alas some of them actually are. I think entirely that the classifications are both fair and unfair...that's right now I'm saying both. They are fair because they are dangerous and have been known to kill and bite both wizard and muggles alike, thus also spreading the disease, but it's also unfair because there are werewolves out there that are trying to control their monster urges by taking the potion and it's unfair to them when they try to find work or when they try to fit in with everyone else. There is no cure so it shouldn't really be held entirely against them, but yes they are well aware of their killer instincts and know very darn well if they killed someone on the last full moon.

Both sides are right in their own ways and that's my final standby on the subject."

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff