Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Astronomy Have fun break [CLOSED] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taking Astronomy???
YEAH stars
100%
 100%  [ 10 ]
No...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

dancer_ attitude

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:21 pm
Jenna smiles "Yeah, it's so cool to think about the world that way!"  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:17 pm
naturefreak3
Jenna smiles "Yeah, it's so cool to think about the world that way!"

I was going to grant five points extra credit for your participation in class, but you failed to post in house colors, so i will not deduct anything, just not give you any new points

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:37 pm
For the first extra credit that was posted, Yami from Hufflepuff and James from Slytherin will receive 10 points for their house...

As for the classwork Extra Credit Yami and Syreyn from Hufflepuff and Kamalia Mingan Phelps from Slytherin will recieve ten points extra for their houses

*classwork extra credit can still be completed*

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:30 pm
((I'm sorry, my mind was blanking. I fixed it now, and I'll be sure to remember! ))  

dancer_ attitude

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:44 am
im not sure if its true but i heard some where that the brightest star in the sagitarus constellation is the center of the milky way is this true?  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:52 pm
techpriest35
im not sure if its true but i heard some where that the brightest star in the sagitarus constellation is the center of the milky way is this true?

Yes.. It is 10 points for slytherin!

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Stardust Disaster
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:11 pm
Amber really enjoyed this lesson. "I'm a Taurus, but I never knew the story behind it," she told the professor with a nod. When asked the classwork question she thought about it for a moment. "I'm not really sure. I know it's in the milky way... Is it the center of it?" she guessed.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:23 pm
Aunt Slappy
techpriest35

((cool i totally didnt know that and havent read any of the other posts on this classroom))
"hey i have a question is there any star constellations that are based on the one eyed giants known as the cyclops ?" i want to learn about them next

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:32 pm
techpriest35
Aunt Slappy
techpriest35

((cool i totally didnt know that and havent read any of the other posts on this classroom))
"hey i have a question is there any star constellations that are based on the one eyed giants known as the cyclops ?" i want to learn about them next

Cyclops does not have a constellation, sorry is their any other thing you are interested in, you should read all posts i put just in case something comes up

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:35 pm
Stardust Disaster
Amber really enjoyed this lesson. "I'm a Taurus, but I never knew the story behind it," she told the professor with a nod. When asked the classwork question she thought about it for a moment. "I'm not really sure. I know it's in the milky way... Is it the center of it?" she guessed.
You posted this before i changed to the new lesson, yes your answer is correct ten points to Hufflepuff

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:55 pm
Aunt Slappy
techpriest35
Aunt Slappy
techpriest35

Cyclops does not have a constellation, sorry is their any other thing you are interested in, you should read all posts i put just in case something comes up
hmm idk i was just kind of hoping there was something of the cyclops how about a lesson based on a story that involves a cyclpos but not one that got put into the stars(seeing as that never happened)
(i read most of the important things but i still cant find the 2nd ec that you supposedly put up)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:32 pm
"Professor,
Did I receive the points for the classwork?"

"Nevermind!" Amanda says quickly! Feeling a bit silly.  

Syreyn

10,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:49 pm
techpriest35
Aunt Slappy
techpriest35
Aunt Slappy
techpriest35

hmm idk i was just kind of hoping there was something of the cyclops how about a lesson based on a story that involves a cyclpos but not one that got put into the stars(seeing as that never happened)
(i read most of the important things but i still cant find the 2nd ec that you supposedly put up)

Okay the first one is from the EC you needed to PM me, and the second one was the class work that is why you have two ninja by your name under the student list

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:28 pm
Amanda begins working on her classwork.

"My mother was taught was to remember the planets by saying MVEMJSUNP. (Em, Vem, Jay, Sun, Pee) They are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Unranus, and Neptune. When she was taught Pluto was still considered a planet! That's why the "p" was at the end! I think that Pluto is not considered a planet anymore because it is not dominant in its "neighborhood". Charon, pluto's large "moon," is only about half the size of Pluto, while all the true planets are far larger than their moons. This began to make some scientists question whether or not it should be considered a planet. In 2006, I think it was, a new definition of what a planet what officially bumped pluto to a "dwarf" planet."

"I have been told that you can see Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn with only your eyes, if you know when and where to look. I can never find them! Have any of you had any luck? I might have spotted mars once, but I am still not sure!

"Does anyone else have a saying for remembering the planets? I once heard one that was something like, "My very excelent mother"....something, but I can't remember it!"

((Sorry if i got carried away! sweatdrop ))  

Syreyn

10,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Forum Regular 100

dancer_ attitude

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:43 pm
Jenna thinks for a while then says, "The planets of our solar system, from the closest to the farthest to the sun are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. Pluto is no longer considered a planet, (as of 2006). New rules were created to define a planet, the new rules being that it had to orbit the Sun, it had to have enough mass and gravity to pull itself into a sphere, and it must have cleared its orbit. This is where Pluto falls short. Pluto only has a fraction of the weight of the other objects in its orbit, while Earth, in comparison, is more then a million times the mass of the objects in its orbit. he planets that are visible to the human eye are Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. Mercury is hard to spot, but it is proven to be visible.

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff