Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Contest
*Twisted Fairy Tale Contest* (WINNERS! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:36 pm
Pandiecakes
x--w a s a b ii--x
Nikky-Elf
I am guessing it is too late to enter? When was the new date?

I mean there wasnt a new date it ended when march did but look on the bright side there's always the next contest razz that I may host ^^
I'm just a really harsh judge is all razz
I take it you have an idea then?

yep yep razz  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:00 pm
Sorren Mishima
My Post for Jack and the Beanstalk, I was reading the contest when I was listening to "This is Halloween - Marylin Manson", and it just clicked in my head, so I thought this may be a theme good enough for a twisted Jack and the Beanstalk:
User Image
If you're wondering what's going on:
the Giant is dead depicted by the hand dropping down the sky with blood
The Golden Egg Layer Goose is hung dead
The Golden self-playing harp is hung at the end of the scythe
The Scenery is not all blue and family friendly cloudy
And lat but not least, Jack is Jack

- Color-4
- Creativity-8
- Effort-8
- Flow-5
- Background-6

Total: 31 of 50

I gave you a 4 for color because the colors are kind of bland, there are a few brighter colors here and there but not a lot. I gave you an 8 for creativity because using jack the pumpking kind was pretty ingenious I give your props, and the ginats dead razz . i give you an 8 for effort, seems like you put some time into this. Its a fine piece. I gave you a 5 for flow because I feel that the picture is kind of jumbled, though I like how jack is on the sythe. I gave you a 6 for background, because it is simple, maybe you could have put an evil or dark castle in the background. just a thought razz

Godd work  

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:12 pm
anime459
Here's my entry! Hope you like it!! Sleeping Beauty: the real story

- Color-8
- Creativity-8
- Effort-9
- Flow-8
- Background-9

Total: 42 of 50

I gave you an 8 for color because I like your use of color in the bricks on the wall and her entire bed setup. And also i like how the spilled blood looks like grapejuice, I dont know if thats what you intended. I gave you an 8 for creativity because you did put quite a twist on sleeping beauty. I like how she is skeletal and how the prince it decapitated with his head next to her bed. I actually found it amusing. i gave you a 9 for effort, it must have taken forever to first draw it out then color it with marker, I wnder how many ran out of ink before you finished. I gave you an 8 for flow, I like how you have the rips in the curtain and the sheets, and you did pretty good wirth perception to where the room is kind of 3 dimensional, thought you could use some more practice with it. I gave you a 9 for background because, I love the old time feeling in the colored brick on the wall, and how it looks out to the stars, the giant windows. it was really nice.

Good job  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:01 pm
booksandcoffee101
Here's mah entry biggrin Goldielocks's Revenge biggrin I think everything in the picture is pretty self explanatory except that she's wiping porridge off her face and if you cant see it her shirt says "JUST RITE" razz but I loooved doing this picture!!!! Thank you for having an awesome contest!!!
User Image

- Color---7
- Creativity--7
- Effort---8
- Flow --6
- Background--2

total: 30 of 50

I gave you a 7 for color because I liked the color you used though i thought you could have used some more. I gave you a 7 for creativity, I like how she is wearing the bear pelt, and how the teddy bear is decapitated. i gave you an 8 for effort you did a swell job in the amount of time given to finish this submision. I gave you a six for flow, the arms and legs are kind of big and you need to work on the hair it looks scribbled in when it should all be going in one direction. I gave you a 2 fo background, partly because there really isnt a background I think you could have done better than black and white. You could have had the three bears all dead in their beds in the background. just a thought, overall u did good  

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

booksandcoffee101

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:15 pm
Thank you for the feed back biggrin yes, i do need to work on my anatomy, ive let myself get lazy and haven't truly practiced it in a while biggrin but i value the advice and i hope to get better lol. and i almost did a background with blood smeared writings on the walls, but i was a lil pressed for computer time razz but i really appreciate you critiquing it biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:02 pm
Thanks for critiquing my art work,I`m surprised that I got that high of a score!
By the way,when you you announcing the winners?
<3  

SuccMyMeme

Alien Abductee

7,275 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:53 pm
anime459
Thanks for critiquing my art work,I`m surprised that I got that high of a score!
By the way,when you you announcing the winners?
<3

I have to judge the ast one but stupid photobucket is being dumb and doing maintnance so until they get their act together then yeah  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:16 pm
Kuro_nee-chan
My entry gonk this is what I get for trying to do everything the last minute...

- Color---7
- Creativity-- 6
- Effort---6
- Flow --4
- Background--4

Total:27 of 50

I gave u a 7 for color since mostly everything is black and I do understand this is taking place in the night but usuall night has more colors like purples and indigos and stuff. I gave you a 6 for creativity,I like the way you portrayed it, but maybe u could have peter wearing the wolf. just a thought, I gave y a 6 for effort U did pretty well but procrastinating usually ends up with a not so great quality, and i know u can do alot better so maybe schedule ur time more wisely. I gave u a 4 for flow because, not to be brash but it looks like th wold is like u know, geeting it on with peter, i think u know what i mean, but i like the wolfs bloody teeth. I agve u a 4 for backgroun I would of liked to see more trees, so too me its too simple then just the moon river and a giant tree.

Overall u did fair, and I bet You can do better when you dont put it off.  

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Fleurty
Vice Captain

Invisible Giver

9,600 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Prizes have all been sent! PM me if you would like to host the next contest! smile

Approximately 150,000 gold was given away in this contest. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:55 pm
Simply Indigo
Prizes have all been sent! PM me if you would like to host the next contest! smile

Approximately 150,000 gold was given away in this contest. heart

Thank you bundles ^_^  

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

xXHipster_CanadaXx

Romantic Lover

10,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:01 pm
Thank you for giving me second place that's the best I've ever gotten so far~!!! heart heart  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:41 pm
Thank you smile this is my first contest and you gave good honest critiques ^w^
even if I b*****d a bit heh heh  

empress-luna

6,500 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200

Quvi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:48 am
Congratulations to the winners! You bet I'll be entering the next contest as well! smile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:56 am
Congrats all!

And i was totally suppose to enter... ROFLS!

So much for that. hehe  

Lordess_Avarnis

Waffles

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:58 pm
YAY!!! win... XD  
Contest