Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
Evanescence Thread - NOW WITH NEW ALBUM INFO! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sooo... The Open Door?
  CAN'T WAIT!
  Meh.
  What's The Open Door?
View Results

Fallentowards

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:42 pm
[ automatic girl ]
EvBoard

Evanescence tour dates, according to the band's publicist:
10/5 - Toronto, ON @ Kool Haus
10/6 - Montreal, QC @ Metropolis <- Im (automatic) going.
10/7 - Boston, MA @ Avalon Ballroom
10/9 - New York, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
10/10 - Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
10/11 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
10/13 - Detroit, MI @ State Theatre
10/14 - Milwaukee, WI @ Eagles Ballroom
10/15 - Minneapolis, MN @ The Quest
10/17 - Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom
10/21 - Dallas, TX @ McFarlin Memorial Auditorium
10/22 - Houston, TX @ Verizon Wireless Theatre
10/24 - Denver, CO @ Paramount Theatre
10/25 - Salt Lake City, UT @ In the Venue
10/27 - Phoenix, AZ @ Celebrity Theatre
10/28 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern LG
10/29 - San Francisco, CA @ Warfield Theatre

hehe they kick start off in toronto too bad the tickets sold out faster then you can open your mouth.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:54 am
In 24 days I'll be seeing Evanescence. In 25 days, Gaia will be smeared with Ev germs. heart  

EvFaerAshlynn

dormant lime

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:38 pm
I LOVE EVANESCENCE!!!!
Amy Lee is so beatiful and so very talented! I have loved every song they have ever done. Infact I have the 'going under' music video in my profile.
Not only do I love the songs, I relate to them all.
Call Me When You're Sober kicks a**. I relate to that, too, because my mom is an abusive alcoholic of which I cannot stand (better rephrased to: Utter Loathing). But yeah, Amy rocks.

'How could I, have burned paradise. How could I, when you, were never mine.'
Quote:
Even the angels have their share of songs, telling stories of death and betrayal.
User Image

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:43 am
Let's keep things cheeryful.

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/evanescence71.shtml
Call Me When You're Sober parody... about, of all things, Snakes on a Plane. rofl  

EvFaerAshlynn

Fallentowards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:47 pm
Alright i'm the first to frigging post it. Evanescence new album is a beautifully constructed masterpiece, that digs into the universe of thoughts and emotions with a maturatity and darkness that is unique to evanescence. It is obviously well thought out, well put together and it's true good things take time. Each song is a masterpiece in it's own right so it's extremely hard to pick a favourite. This album dwells with new ideas, different themes and definately different ideas with it comes to their music and how they layer and use samples. You have to buy this album it is a must half.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:34 pm
Fallentowards
Alright i'm the first to frigging post it. Evanescence new album is a beautifully constructed masterpiece, that digs into the universe of thoughts and emotions with a maturatity and darkness that is unique to evanescence. It is obviously well thought out, well put together and it's true good things take time. Each song is a masterpiece in it's own right so it's extremely hard to pick a favourite. This album dwells with new ideas, different themes and definately different ideas with it comes to their music and how they layer and use samples. You have to buy this album it is a must half.

Amen sister. heart  

EvFaerAshlynn

Fallentowards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:01 pm
EvFaerAshlynn
Fallentowards

Amen sister. heart

i wanted to write more but i thought i better not for the simple reason of not wanting to make a novel out of a c.d review. I am a fan from the beginning, i heard bring me to life and i was completely enchanted by the group i bought the album ...played it about 10 times over and over....then i heard their older stuff loved it as well...got the live d.v.d....ect...long story short i believe they are an amazing band and listening to them introduced me into a world of amazing other artists.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:28 am
My mom tried to buy the new album yesterday, but claimed Best Buy didn't have it. Which surprised the hell out of me because usually Best Buy has the albums the day they drop. I'm guessing she wasn't looking in the right place. rolleyes

Hope she gets it some time this week. heart  

TheWitchGotRobin

Fallentowards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:18 pm
bounty_hunter_bk
My mom tried to buy the new album yesterday, but claimed Best Buy didn't have it. Which surprised the hell out of me because usually Best Buy has the albums the day they drop. I'm guessing she wasn't looking in the right place. rolleyes

Hope she gets it some time this week. heart

Walmart is the way to go...they have a huge stock...and decent price.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:44 am
I got The Open Door the day it came out...I went to Best Buy but they only got twenty copies and sold out before I got there, so I went to Borders instead...and creepily enough, the cashier that checked me out said, "Are you all right? I thought you'd be waiting for us to open so you could be the first to get this." eek I've been hanging out at Borders too long; the employees know me crying

There's not a bad song in the bunch. Cloud Nine and Lost Control are my least favorites however. Lithium, Lacrymosa, Like You, Only One, and All That I'm Living For are my most favorites. I think that the endings on some of the songs leave something to be desired...maybe that's how they want it.

OMG they're touring again! *runs to get tickets to the Dallas or Houston show* I got hooked on Evanescence when I heard Bring Me to Life over the radio in the car. xd Surprisingly enough, my dad likes them...and his opinion of music is anything not classified as classical isn't worth hearing. This is a major first! Go Ev!  

Nevira Shadowfire

Intergalactic Reveler

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:05 pm
I've already started planning a music video for Lacrymosa, although before the project goes anywhere I will have to obtain a video camera.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:16 pm
i think they should bring out lacrymosa, lithium and sweet sacrifice as videos i think that would rock  

Fallentowards

Spooky Ames

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:01 pm
Just bought the new cd today. I can definitely say that it is a big change compared to Fallen.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:25 pm
    I love every Evanescence song. Even the demos.
    I am probably the most obsessed person in Sydney... I don't know if anyone else likes 'em as much as I do. [In Sydney that is]

asdfjklsemicolon

Gothic_Lipstick_Kisses

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:30 pm
I love her new songs "Snow why queen" and "Lythium". Lythium is so haunting and beautiful and she's gorgeous on top of being wonderfully talented!  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff