Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
Disney's Alice in Wonderland Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the movie?
  Yes of course!
  No.
  Its a bit strange...
  Why do you ask so many questions?
  I like gold.
View Results

KimCare

Swashbuckling Bookworm

29,325 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wry Dealer 500
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:04 pm
@Azure - maybe he got angry as an example of do as I say but not as I do

but then again he changed twice, once from Caterpillar to butterfly and with his outburst from blue to pink

(...am I the only one who was reminded of the fairy argument from Disney's sleeping beauty with this one?)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:31 pm
@ Azure: Hmmm... I suppose not. I mean, if the Cheshire Cat knows, then he must not be. Funny; I've never thought about him as being the sane one. >_> But wouldn't that be ironic... again! XD And yeah, the Caterpillar's mood swings are a head scratch er...

@ Kim: Hmmmm... maybe. And haha, yes, yes I am as well. XD

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:54 pm
~Advice from a Caterpillar~

@Marchy: Imagine that... the Cheshire Cat... the sane one.

The amount of times I've noticed someone commenting that the Caterpillar used to scare them when they were younger... hmmm.

Its just how quickly he changes his attitude toward Alice.

@Kim: Well it seemed like the Caterpillar gets very angry if anyone mentions his height; but then also got really angry when Alice asked a question that to him had a very obvious answer. His colour change was probably just the art style and a way to make him look furious... even his eyes changed colour; made him look a little scary.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:20 pm

BTW you know the new Disney game Epic Mickey? There seems to be an Alice in Wonderland section on the game map. Originally I was worried that they had cut it from the game but newer images of the game world have been released in the Digicomics and it does seem to still be there.

Though the only way to tell for sure is to play it. The game itself seems very interesting anyway. I want the Caterpillar to make an appearence... after all he wasn't in the Wonderland level in KH and that wasn't fair.

You know what I think the reason is that they don't include him much in things? The hookah.

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:12 pm
Huh... people were scared of the Caterpillar? Awww... poor guy! Don't be scared, little children!

And YES! I'm really looking forward to Epic Mickey... because, you know, of all the Disney. I haven't been following the design specs much at all, just because... well, because. But I'm excited to know that they aren't leaving Wonderland out; I'm pretty darn sure it's to play off of the hype of the newest AiW movie... but I'm still excited to hear it.

And you're probably right... there's just a lot of people who don't bother to learn about hookah. And it'd probably be way more trouble then its worth to attempt to educate the public in general about it, so they just avoiding having him. Which is laaaaame...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:34 pm

According to a few comments I've read on youtube and such... yup. Actually for a while my sister was kinda scared of him too... not me though... nope I was scared of Monstro... but that's a different film. ^_^

Well I read online that they cut Wonderland out of the game; which made me sad... but then I read a conflicting interview that said that they 'originally' wern't going to have Wonderland in the game. And now with the intro showing the map with Wonderland and the new world maps released in the Digicomics still showing it there... then there must be a playable Wonderland level or something.

Yeah or he's missing his hookah; which I've noticed in newer pictures and merchandise of him. Also have you noticed the rating for the movie on the Disney Store listing? Um... since when was it changed? That's a higher rating than what the new movie got isn't it? Movie ratings are a bit different over here in the UK so I'm unsure. My DVD of AiW is rated U; so what's going on there then? I know the new movie got a PG rating because of the hookah.

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:27 pm
Huh, I can't imagine... I mean, of all the potentially scary characters in that film, I'd think the Queen of Hearts would be the one to send the young children scurrying. >_> Monstro was pretty scary, but I was terrified by Jafar, personally. Then again, I had the biggest crush on Aladdin, so maybe my fear was just biased. Disney's Disney. XD

Wow... what a back and forth. O_o Well, I hope they chose to include it; it's a pretty awesome setting for a video game. I thought it was an amazing level in Kingdom Hearts, but it always left me feeling like they could have done so much more with it.

Yeah... I've noticed that too. I know for a while here in the states they were talking about even rating movie with smoking as R... which was ridiculously idiotic. =_= I know having smoking in a movie automatically makes it PG though... because apparently children can't understand the health risks around smoking hookah. *excessive eye rolling* Haha, well I think it used to be a G, but I'm sure there was a lot of pressure to raise it. >__>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:50 pm

Yeah... my sister thinks its because he shouts at Alice but some people just seem to find the whole scene scary. Personally I think the Caterpillar is adorable. Love that scene...

I also love the tea party scene.

Hmmm... I don't think they're including the Wonderland level now... wonder what the in-game excuse will be? Because its in the intro and the digicomics.

What confuses me is the rating is higher than the new movie.

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:25 pm
I guess so... it was always one of my favorite scenes too. I really loved How Doth the Little Crocodile... it was one of my favorite rhymes from the movie. It just sounded so mystical and awesome, so I was a fan, haha. ^_^; But... I kinda feel like a lot of the characters in that movie shout at Alice. >_>;

Yeah, the tea party scene is pretty amazing. I actually liked its adaptation almost more then the one in the book. Just because I thought the character interaction was really cute. ^_^ Oh, and for the Unbirthday Song, of course!

Well, that's kinda sad... it'll be interesting to see how they're explaining it if it really isn't going to be ending up in the game. U_U

Yeah? I haven't compared the two side by side... but I would think that the new movie would definitely rate higher. I mean... heads get chopped off. >_>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:35 pm

Ah yes that scene with the poem is just awesome; and rather cute. Yes I suppose quite a few characters do shout at poor Alice. I don't know why some people were scared then... maybe its because the Caterpillar is so unusual? Unusual is good though!

I love some of the Hatter's quotes in that scene; just... really... crazy; its great. ^_^

I mentioned this in the other guild but WDW might be getting a Wonderland area during the renovations of Fantasyland!

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:07 pm
I know! ^w^ I loved it... I dunno. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he's a bug, and people have some sort of predisposition against creepy-crawlies? >_>

Yeah, the script writers were pretty darn clever with that scene. Well, with the movie in general, but I think that scene shows it most clearly.

Yus! Even though I don't have anyone that works there anymore to mooch tickets off of, I can't wait to go see it all when it's done! *___*

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:10 pm

Okay maybe; but he is cute... and why haven't they made a plushie of him yet? Seriously there's plushies of nearly every other character from the movie!

I want to go on vacation there again after its completed~ I haven't been there in like... nine years I think. And now I'd be brave enough to go on the bigger rides! I'm such a coaster fanatic now.

Also yes I'm posting as Noir because she needs posts; for anyone who doesn't know this is Azure but... I guess that's kinda obvious.

Mrs Dobbins

The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games