Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
***Please don't post in here*** Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which diet has been most effective for you?
  Atkin's diet
  South beach diet
  Weight Watchers
  Counting calories
  Good ol' fashioned hard work and strict exercise!
  Other.
View Results

United Paper People

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:17 am
Hmm... so you just reminded me how much I love turkey, and how long it's been since I've had it.

Think I'm going to get some lea turkey soon.

Is this high-school, or College/Uni?
What grade/year level are you starting?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:39 am
I'm always a bit spazzed before a new semester as well, wondering if I'll have any friends in the new classes. =) But it's all good fun. Hopefully you get good teachers and not drones!

I just noticed that you're having at least one egg every day. o___o  

Sunsway

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:52 pm
[ Day 36: Monday, August 16th, 2010 ]

[ Breakfast ]
Blueberry bagel with light cream cheese

[ Lunch ]
Turkey sandwich made with 2 wheat slices of bread, 2 slices of turkey bologna, light mayo, and about 3 thin slices of tomato

[ Dinner ]
Turkey burger, made with a wheat bun, light mayo, bell peppers, olives, and a slice of tomato. The turkey patty is a Jeannie-O lean turkey patty. Peppermint tea (no sugar or honey added)

[ Late snack ]
Veggies and ranch

[ Late meal ]
Grilled cheese sandwich with 2 slices of white bread and mozzarella cheese.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:13 pm
[ End of week 5 ]

I gained 1/2 a lb. I don't feel bad though, I'm 191.5 instead of 191.0 and it's understandable, I only exercised twice this week. School started today and on Wednesday, we are gonna start walking in the walking for fitness class. And I really need to start week 3 of C25K already!

@Sunsway: Yes, I noticed that I feel full longer when I have an egg-based-breakfast rather than a bagel-based-breakfast or just cereal for breakfast.

@United Paper: I'm attending a community college right now. I graduated last year with AA degree, I'm still there finising the transfer requirements so I can transfer to a 4-year college by next year. I'm majoring in Environmental Science, so I'm taking a college algebra class, chemistry, PE, and a Environmental Conservation class. :3

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:44 pm
Your school has already started? o: Mine begins next Tuesday. Blech! Not looking forward to the 30 minute commute for a 9am class! x)

I always get nervous about school for some reason, I never know why. .__. I hope all is going well with your school and weight loss journey, I'm glad you're not stressing over a small gain. 3nodding Good luck on C25K W3, you can do it!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:33 pm
Haha yup, school already started. I didn't even get to enjoy the summer weather and beach. We are having a heat wave or something right now and sucks knowing I don't have time for swimming. crying  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:35 pm
[ Day 37: Tuesday, August 17th, 2010 ]

[ Breakfast ]
1 fried egg with 2 white slices of bread, and mozzarella cheese and veggies (broccoli and bell peppers)

[ Lunch ]
1 turkey bolonga sandwich with 3 turkey slices and tomatoes  and light mayo. a chocolate chip cookie x_x

[ Dinner ]
Spaghetti with ground turkey meatballs. Made a banana smoothie

[ Just a Rant ]
School has taken over my life so I don't get to eat as healthy as I used to and I still haven't had time to run crying I'll just have to make time...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:59 pm
[ Day 38: Wednesday, August 18th, 2010 ]

[ Breakfast ]
1 spinach pie

[ Lunch ]
Turkey bologna sandwich with white bread, 3 slices of turkey, 2 slices of tomato, and light mayo. 1/2 a banana. Small spinach salad with tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, and a Greek vinaigrette dressing.

[ Afternoon Snack ]
Atkins protein bar (peanut butter chocolate). 

[ Dinner ]
Veggie burger made with a garden patty, wheat bun, light ketchup, a slice of tomato, and added bell peppers, olives, light Mexican cheese (not sure of the what kind) and broccoli/cauliflower. (No mayo)

[ Exercise ]
Sped walked 3/4 of a mile (15 mins) in my PE class. Starting Friday, we are going to walk for 30 mins and the goal is to fit 8 laps (2 miles) in 30 mins and we will also be measuring our heart weights and target pulse and stuff like that. Also, the campus is HUGE so walking to each class is a good 10 min workout. Haha.

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:39 am
[ Day 39: Thursday, August 19th, 2010 ]

[ Breakfast ]
3/4 of a wheat tortilla, 1 over easy egg. About 1.5 tbsp of sliced black olives

[ Lunch ]
Turkey bologna sandwich made with 4 slices of turkey, light mayo, 3 slices of tomato, white bread. Spinach salad with a vinaigrette dressing, feta, olives, tomatoes, artichoke hearts. 16oz of pink lemonade. Ashley gave me two pieces of her cheesy garlic bread (from uptown pizza) x_x I should have probably said no but....they're so good! crying

[ Dinner ]
Went out to Mary's Secret Garden (an organic vegan restaurant) I got the falafel wrap, it was made with a spinach tortilla, falafel, tomatoes, greek olives, lettuce, cucumber, and avocado. 1 glass of the organic raw smoothie (so freaking delicious!!!) small salad on the side. Matthew and I shared a small bowl of a Thai soup (also freaking delicious!!) 

[ Just a Rant ]
I feel like I pigged out today. I probably should have only ate half of that wrap, but I ate the whole thing.....oh well. *sigh* at least tomorrow is my walking class and I wanna try running sometime this weekend. Maybe Sunday since I don't work. 

I survived week 1 of school.....only 17 more to go...-_-'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:43 pm
[ Day 40: Friday, August 20th, 2010 ]

[ Breakfast ]
3/4 of an Atkins protein bar

[ Lunch ]
Lean turkey burger with wheat bun, bell peppers, olives, a slice of tomato, and mozzarella cheese. Handful  of grapes and cherries. 

[ Dinner ]
2 over easy eggs with 2 slices of tomato on top, about 2 tbsp of black sliced olives and 1 wheat tortilla

[ Exercise ]
Sped walked 1.5 miles (6 laps) in about 30 mins in PE class. 

[ Just a Rant ]
I really need to get back into running every other day, but I guess all the walking will be just as good, I probably just won't burn as much I could be burning but it's better than nothing at all. I work and go to school all the time now though so I'm having trouble fitting healthy meals and snacks through out the day and I'm not having enough time to run.....I have yet to start week 3 for C25K...maybe I should clear my work schedule, we practically choose our own hours of availability, so I can have my week open and only work on the weekends.....but I need the money so I better not do that.....

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:54 am
Don't stress over C25k. The important part is that your active and that you chose something you can stick to. If all you have time for is your walking class then that's fine. You're still doing more than before. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:38 am
*glomps journal* You're such a sweetie to me so I figured I should post in here more whee

Like munkers said, don't worry too much about it. The nice thing about C25k as far as I've seen is, you don't have to really get it done in a certain amount of months or whatever. The point is getting it done at all, on your own time, when you have time for it. -nodnod- It looks like you've been doing really good anyway.  

pigeonsoup

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:14 pm
Thank you both! :3 I agree, I'm much more active than before, and I can't wait till I can fit 8 laps in 30 mins.

I weighed myself just to see if I gained or lost. I lost 1/2 a pound so I'm back down 191.0 and that was AFTER I ate my breakfast and I was wearing my bathing suit. I went to the beach today! It was hot outside and the water felt awesome!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:14 am
Day 41: Saturday august 21st 2010

Breakfast: omelet made with 2 eggs, little bit of milk, spinach, diced tomatoes, olives, and broccoli/cauliflower. 

Morning snack: small pieces of chocolate (almond choc toffee, choc mint square, choc stick with orange gel in it)

Lunch: Ate out at this sushi place at the harbor, i ordered a salmon filet (it was topped with some kind of sauce, i wasn't sure what kind though) with small green salad, white rice, miso soup, and 4 small pieces of California sushi.

Dinner: ordered a medium pizza to share with Matthew at Toppers and a large salad with low calorie Italian dressing. The pizza had light cheese and light sauce and I ate 4 slices (I know....I over ate and I probably shoulda stopped at two slices, but the medium pizza is kinda small and sometimes they cut the slices unevenly so I tried to choose the smaller slices) 

Drank plenty of water. I've been drinking lots of water lately  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:21 am
Day 42: Sunday, august 22, 2010

Breakfast: left over 2 slices of pizza (ok...no more pizza, seriously... -_-')

Lunch: turkey bologna sandwich with 3 slices, 2 slices of tomato, light mayo, light cheese, 3/4 of a peach, handful of grapes and cherries. 

Dinner: 1 garden burger made with a Morningstar Farms garden patty, wheat bun, light ketchup, olives, and broccoli/cauliflower. 

Lots of water through out the day. 

Exercise : about 45 min walking on the beach. Yay, I got wet!  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff