Yes!
  No.
  Maybe later....
  I don't think so.
View Results

Batnamz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:47 pm
NightIntent
Got a thread for book suggestions. It was a sticky at one point, but people didn't use it much. It's gotten more attention since it was changed to a normal thread. Well, when it's on the first page, at least. I'll add more if I can think of anything, but I'm having trouble forming solid thoughts right now.

Ooooh really? I must have missed it then. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:55 pm
I think it's down on either the second or third page; I haven't gone through the guild recently to see where certain threads are. I don't have that sorta time at this time of the year.

Edit: Yep, second page.  

NightIntent
Captain

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:59 pm
All right. Boredom struck.

Anyone have any ideas for new word games or anything that'd be fun? New contests? Anything fun? Seriously, I want to add some new things to the guild. I went through this thread again, to see if I might have missed any ideas that I could incorporate now, but most of the posts are on sub-forums or something. I really want to make it so all the people who join will be interested enough to post, and adding new things seems like a good way to do it, to me.

So. Ideas for new things? I'm open to almost anything. For the time being, though, don't use this thread for talking abotu sub-forum ideas; use the other thread, please. That's what it's for.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:54 pm
I think there should be a book club sub-forum  

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:39 pm
Been suggested. Though only in a thread, and not a forum. I've never liked the idea of book clubs. You can make one, if you like, but I won't start one.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:44 pm
Perhaps the guild is already too perfect to add to?
Since we can't think of anything...  

ckmidnight

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:11 pm
<.< Although it's nice to hear you say that, I think it's far from perfect. I think it's a very nice guild (I'm biased, though), but there have to be some improvements.

Besides, I like hearing feedback, too. And while the title doesn't state that explicitly, it's implied. I'm sure no one else gets it. But it's still there. Somewhere.

And new ideas would be nice right now. I need something to work on. New things are fun, and we haven't really had any new things for a while.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:16 pm
Let's have some kind of party. Like other guilds have proms? Dress up as your favorite character from a fantasy book. Or something like that.  

ckmidnight

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:23 pm
Gahhh. How do you dress up as a character that you don't even have a picture of?

Yes, yes, there are descriptions, but, personally, I skip over those most of the time and imagine the character however the hell I want. Sometimes, when I go back to read the book, the character description says something about brown hair and I'm like, "Huh? I always thought she had blonde hair!"

Now, something where you just dress up as a random fantasy character, okay. I'm assuming people here are creative, so that'd work. Hell, maybe an avatar contest for who can come up with the best fantasy character, with a backstory (optional, of course) and including one specific Gaian item.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:26 pm
Well, if we're going to be writing our stories for the contest, why not?
People love contests. And dressing up.

And money. And puppies. And babies. And music. And food. And TV. And furry woodland creatures. And Hugh Jackman!  

ckmidnight

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:31 pm
I was gonna start it after this contest is over. I can only run so many contests at once. That being one. n.n On the bright side, an avatar contest shouldn't take as long as a writing contest. And then after that, I think I'll have a banner contest. Then a short story contest (everyone else in the guild hated the last one I did, but I love them).  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:33 pm
Another Banner Contest?  

ckmidnight

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:34 pm
Yep. Haven't had one of those since the little corner-banners came out for the GGN. And that was the first one. I think. Yeah, the first and only. 'Cause otherwise there'd be more of them in the banners thread.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:36 pm
Okay. I'll have to re-familiarize myself with Photoshop, though.  

ckmidnight

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:38 pm
n.n There's at least three months until I start a banner contest. Maybe longer, depending how October goes and the amount of time I'll have.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff