Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:19 pm
!XING! !LYNX! !HOUR!

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Metal anyone? Five Finger Death Punch will be releasing a 3 disk box set of Way Of The Fist on November 22nd. The case has some tight art on it and it's got a good album in it so it's one shweet deal. They said you can get it on Amazon.com but I'm sure you can get it elsewhere if you don't wanna use Amazon for some reason.
On another re-release note, Nine Inch Nails', Pretty Hate Machine re-release will not be sold on their website because it's not a full release. It will however be available on iTunes and Amazon. So just in case you were planning on purchasing the record through NIN.com, make new planns ******, it aint happening.
On a gothy topic, the band 69 Eyes is actually pretty alright. I'm not a giant fan but they're alright. Their career heads all over the place. At the beginning of their career, they display a major classic rock feel, but within a few albums, and almost immediately, they turn complete goth rock. Which I like more personally. When they go goth their vocals get low and deep and the music gets a bit slower. It's a band to look up if you like Scorpions in my opinion.
There's this indie band called Polvo and I'm kinda interested in them. They use weird rythyms and unorthodox songwriting and it's kind of cool. They sound vaguely similar to Fugazi and Dinosaur Jr. in my honest opinion. I may look into this band in the future.

Song of the Day - -

Down - Stone Temple Pilots
It's a bit different from the STP we all know and love. It's off of their 4th studio release, No. 4, (Derp title) and it's a bit heavier in a sense than their standard grunge feel. This song still holds a lot of the grunge/metal tone and that's what makes it good. A main strength of the song is the powerful stop-start rythyms and the swirling distorted guitar. The song has some nice guitar work in it as well, it has some cool harmonics in the verses and a gnarly little solo in it. Check it out if you're a fan of their first 2 releases, trust me, it's good.

- - - Everyone Else's World

- - Fall Update

Ugh, ********. I feel like poop. My stomach is shooting my insides with acid right now and I hope it's gone by tomorrow. How I'll sleep like this I don't know. Also, I was planning on writing more today but I'm sayin' "******** that" because of this stomach pain. So blame my stomach for taking away your valuable article reading time.
I got a new list of bands I wanna get layin' on my stereo system. The old list got filled up so I got graph paper so I'd write smaller. It's working so far.

- - The Rest of the Things I Hate

I still haven't gotten Heavier Than Heaven. Balls. I need to start reading that tomorrow for english.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:39 am
$H1NG LYNK$ H@UR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Well, there's good news out there in the proggresive world. Dream Theater found a new drummer. His name is Jordan Rudess and upon his induction he's also going to be placed in the hall of fame. I guess he got one lucky day huh?
You know the Orange Bowl? The football event? Well, Goo Goo Dolls are gonna be playing at the halftime show there and I'm sure it'll be phenomenal! I'm assuming they'll play their most recent single, "Home" which will be a tight song for a tight performance.
If you're looking to get the new Bon Jovi greatest hits CD, then I'd head over to Amazon.com, they have the lowest price in the US and it wont last for long. Just so you know, the album has a bunch of new art and photos from the periods when each album was recorded. So there are definetly some goodies in there for super Jovester fans.
If you're planning to see 30 Seconds To Mars in the near future, I have good news for you. 30 Seconds To Mars might not be very good but you know who is? Enter Shikari. And their opening for them! Enter Shikari is gonna make 30 Seconds To Mars look really bad, although I do have to admit; It makes zero sense why they're touring together.

Song of the Day - -

Immortality - Pearl Jam
It's a strong, emotional, slow song that really gets to me. The band Seether did a cover of it that's pretty good as well, so if you'd rather hear that be my guest. But the song has a distinct way of being incredibly quiet and when it hits the chorus, cymbals drive it with a distinct yet simple rythym that gives it a louder dynamic. The song has various guitar 'solos' but more of segments of noodling. The come up after each chorus basically.

- - Fall Update

I'm sick. That bullshitty acid from my stomach feels like it's in my throat now, but at least it's not all in my gut. That hurt a ******** ton. If my illness keeps going like this it'll all be in my throat tomorrow and then I guess I'll be okay enough to go to school. But ********, it'll suck. At least I didn't have to go to geometry today.
I'mma try to download a few band today. Three perhaps, perhaps? Chiodos is gonna be one for sure, but I'll probably only get like 6 or so songs by them so It wont be much.

Illness.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:06 pm
XING
LYNX
HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

It bugs me a lot when bands talk about what influences their music and bands like Bullet For My Valentine say ACDC is their main inspiration. No. You like ACDC, they didn't influence you at all. Bullet was obviously influenced by metal bands before them; Pantera, Metallica, Motorhead... And not just metal, but obviously some punk, emo, and screamo bands. Bullet's a mishmash of genres and by saying, "Our main influence is ACDC" you're spreading utter s**t. I do however like it when bands like Staind, are honest. They started off with covers of Tool, Rage Against The Machine, Korn, and Alice In Chains. And later, they'd state that they were some of their major influences. And guess what? That makes complete sense. Good job for their honesty.
Punk group, Fugazi, is often known for their grungy sound and guttural, shout vocals. If you wanna hear them make a soft song without those distinctive vocals, listen to the song, "Argument", which is titled after the album, Argument. It's a good song that builds up and eventually, those great growling vocals come back in. But it's kinda cool to hear Ian MacKaye singing and not shouting.
If you wanna hear a bit of an Alice In Chains rarity, check out, "A Little Bitter". The song was revealed on the album, The Essential Alice In Chains, which was a set of greatest hits/rarities. The song tilts a little more to the metal side of Alice In Chains like in "Them Bones". It's a great song thoguht and if you're a fan of AiC it's a neccesary listen.
There's a new video out for the song, "Non-Believer" by Crash Kings. Haven't seen it, don't plan to see it, but watch MTV and it'll pop up sooner or later I assume. Go have fun with the video if you're one of those people who gives a s**t.

Song of the Day - -

Inside - Vertical Horizon
Here's one song that's pretty intriguing. We've all heard of metal going symphonic. But this is post-grunge going symphonic. It's a kind of cool mix that doesn't quite seem fitting. I do have to say it sounds like if it didn't have vocals it would be a song to a Final Fantasy game.
But none the less, it's a pretty good song and I only suggest it to people who like orchestra music in their rock.

- - Fall Update

Went to first period to get my Crimsonnaire vest, but I still don't feel good...

I play Animal Crossing a lot. It's so fun though! I just paid off all my debt the other day, that's how much I play.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:19 pm
Xing Lynx Hour

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

So, I'll talk about a band who I've heard has been having some amazing shows; Stone Temple Pilots. I know! They're apperently playing mostly old material because they're new stuff would honestly make me leave of boredom. No mosh, shitty music, it'd be like seeing Lights Go Blue again. If you wanna see some cool photos of STP live go on their Facebook, they post photos just about every day. That's generous of them.
Hey! Wanna know a band I've been growing to like? Back to that great progressive death metal! The Faceless! They're heavy, awesome, and inspired by space? Yes. These guys are incredibly heavy with lots of melodic backing instrumentation. They aren't like most death metal groups however, they're actually different! I suggest them to any metal fans who enjoy the death vocals.
A Day To Remember released their new album today! What Seperates Me From You, has been described to me as heavier, amazing, and amusing. The song, "Second Sucks", has some amusing sound effects which are from Mortal Kombat. Get the album if you like them not because you wanna support them, but because it's good.
If you were looking to get the re-release of Pretty Hate Machine, order the package. It's always nicer to have the actual disk and at the moment; it's cheaper to have the package shipped to you than to buy it anywhere digitally. Go to the band's website or Amazon.com and order it now bitches! Nine Inch Nails didn't put a whole lotta work into it but hey, if you want the album, might as well get the re-release.

Song of the Day - -

For Whom The Bell Tolls - Metallica
They were over-rated for god knows how long but at the beginning of their career, when Cliff Burton was still around that is. This song is mostly instrumental and shows that metal isn't all about fast tempos. It's about the rage-filled power you can fit behind metal while still keeping your cool. The song is named after a book and I assume that they read it because "One" was about the book Johnny Got His Gun and apperently Metallica reads. Well, the song is a bit long, but it's worth the listen, I promise.

- - Fall Update

Yeah, I realize I failed to post throughout the weekend, my bad. Hate me for it or not, it happened and guess what? It'll happen again.
Fallout: New Vegas. Need I say more!?

I learned today that this band, Passion Pit, is really, REALLY bad. Don't listen. It's bad for you. They have a cool name however.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:12 am
X I N G L Y N X H O U R

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

So, good news I guess. Enter Shikari was on the cover of Kerrang! magazine and I saw their singer (Roughton "Rou" Reynolds) and thought, "hmm, he looks exactly the same." I dunno, I found it funny seeing him on their. He has such a baby face...
So, you know of Oasis's new band Beady Eye, right? If I didn't tell you, whatever. Now I am. You can see their frst video on youtube for the song called, "Bring The Light". Which I wont lie, makes me thing of the Smashing Pumpkins song called the same thing. I like the Smashin' P's song better. But none the less... Beady Eye is also scheduled for their first few shows which you can see on their website and probably Facebook.
It upsets me how you can't find Violent Soho's first album, We Don't Belong Here, like, anywhere. It's not on iTunes at all, plus I can't find a single song from it on youtube. It's like it was too indie to even exist. I bet it was good as balls too! The self titled is good and all but I want more of them! The song "Muscle Junkie" is getting me coincidentally addicted.
The Foo Fighters frontman, Dave Grohl, was interviewed my The Rolling Stone for his top 10 favorite 'hardcore' songs. Which, haha, most are more of punk. I knew a few of the bands, not a lot of them though. One of the songs was "Sun God" by Squirrel Bait and apperently Taylor Hawkins (FF Drummer) heard and said, "Wow, was Kurt into these guys? Because Goddamn if this doesn't sound like Nirvana". There was also Corrosion Of Conformity and Black Flag on their. So it was pretty wide variety.
Guess what's an embarrassing sign that the USA listens to garbage? fuse.tv was having a vote off for who was better, Ok Go, Or Stone Sour. OK Go won. Not by a lot though fortunatly. Ok Go isn't horrible exactly but... There's an obvious superior.

Song of the Day - -

Knockin' On Heavens Door - Guns N' Roses
It's an amazing rendition of a Bob Dylan song. The main attraction of the song is the powerful chorus or err... No. Definetly Axel Rose's hilarious vocals. He's worse with his "Oh Yeahs" than Layne Staley. The song's really good anyway. It's emotional, powerful, and a true classic rock symbol. Go listen to it if you haven't heard it before.

- - Fall Update

Wowwy woo! It's been a few days! Excuse me for the massive delays recently, we've been getting snow. In Oregon! We had a snow day tuesday but on Wednesday I said, "******** it" and went to a friends house and skipped school pretty much. I've been having a blast with my time though.
I had Thanksgiving with Emmy today. Oh my god. So much desert! I didn't even have any though. I had way too much green bean casserole (With cream of mushroom and stuffing. So good...
Oh yeah, today I learned the intro and main riff to Cake's song, "Let Me Go". It's hard. But I got it sorta. Sorta...

I wrote a song that I was playing without the vocals or whatever at my buddies house. But it's kinda funny because I was tempted to put the vocals in because me and my bro like to share riffs and songs and stuff, but I didn't want to because the song's pretty much about his last break up. Which really sucked for him. I didn't really wanna make him think about it. It happened last week or something for god's sake.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:43 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Well, I have my opinion about Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys; I don't like it. It's not awful. But it's too poppy and it's almost, to me, radio friendly Mindless Self Indulgence. I know My Chemical Romance wanted to try something new, but this isn't really what I was hoping for. It's just not them, it's like they wanted to purposely throw away everything they were. However, It has some redeeming qualities too. I like how the album is themed in a post-apocolyptic world. That's very interesting especially because I've been obsessed with Fallout: New Vegas recently. I also love the presence of Doctor Deathdefying. He's a true delight and has a very charismatic way of sharing his words.
Neon Nights: 30 Years of Heaven & Hell, is the newest released album by the band, Heaven & Hell. And if you didn't know. They were kind of a super band which was primarily members of Black Sabbath. They broke up because of Ronny James Dio's sad fate. The album is, as said, a live album of their performances throughout the year. If you're a serious fan, this album is recommended to you.
Serj Tankian apperently made a jazz jam video... I haven't seen it but I think hearing that guy do a jazz jam has to be pretty amusing. If you're a System Of A Down fan or suprisingly, just a Serj fan, go watch it on Youtube. If you search "Serj Tankian Jazz Jam" I'm positive you could find it.
Hey! Another holiday merch pointer, Atreyu is giving out free shipping on all their merch on December 3rd. So if you wanna ger Atreyu stuff; Shirts, CDs, jackets... Go on December 3rd!

Song of the Day - -

Kill The Humans - Hypnogaja
This band was shown to me by a friend and their great. The have a mix of alternative metal and a hint of Muse. They have an amazing vocalist who has a clean, strong voice. Anyway, this song is sung from the perspective from the Earth and it's about how we're ******** over our world. But more importantly, the song has extensive bass lines which are backed by acoustic guitar. But don't think that the song is 'soft', it's just kind of calm for a majority of the song. The end of the song also has some cool harmonics on the acoustic guitar.

- - Fall Update

Had a good weekend, pretty much. We played the strategy game and some good ol' Call Of Duty. Mmhmm. Pretty chill.
Had two Thanksgiving dinner's too. One with Emmy and one at my buddies house.

Not having enough time of day. I shoulda been in bed 20 minutes ago but no, I had to be nice and write this s**t. You're welcome.
Where are my guest writers? They've abandon me!

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:46 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

So... Shah! I've returned really late at night! Staying up for you guys! First thing I have to report on is the song, "What It's Like" by Everlast. I suppose a few of you know the song, and I'm not saying it's new. But I am saying I've found new meaning to it. I have heard the song a dozen or so times but until today, I never 'listened' to it. It's an amazing song with amazing lyrics and this power that could break your teeth with it's vocal onslaught. It is an absolute must for anyone who can even bare rap in the slightest. If you can handle a combination of rap into bluesy-folk rock, you HAVE to get this. PS... It also makes me think a little bit of rappy Incubus, so if that helps you get this song. Do it.
You know what started to bug the s**t out of me today? I was listening to Mat Kearney on Pandora and was thinking, "Ooh, what's this song called again?" So I checked. The song wasn't important, but what was, was that the album was called, Nothing Left To Lose. Make you think of anything? Yeah, motha fuggin' Foo Fighters have an album by the same name. Not saying it's a super mega creative name but, really? For an artist who is probably adored by the same general group as the Foo's you should really avoid that bullshit.
I don't know if I've mentioned it in any of the previous articles but... You guys have heard me talk about 'stoner rock' and 'desert rock', I know that. And I have another artist I've forgetten to tell you about that I'll tell you about now. Dozer! They kick a**! They're, like all stoner rockers, like Kyuss, but they have much heavier elements of punk in their music. They're a good band and if you like that grimy rock of the 90s you'd like these guys.
Okay, I find it funny when bands get picked on by their fans or... trolls. Either way, it's often amusing. The latest victim i've seen is Seether. Apperently someone has been on their Facebook saying that they're Shaun Morgan's (Frontman of Seether) daughter and saying... I don't know, but I figure something offencive. Here's the post Seether made about the matter, "Hey guys! just a heads up. Someone is on here pretending to be Shaun's daughter. It's not her. It's getting a little ridiculous..." I found it funny. But once you piss off the band, ******** off, seriously.
If you wanna rush, you still could I suppose. But Train's album, Save Me San Francisco, is available today on Amazon.com for just 2 bucks! That's a beast deal! Like, super beast deal! Go NOW if you really want it.

Song of the Day - -

On Call - Kings Of Leon
I give Kings Of Leon a lot of s**t I know, but some of their earlier stuff is alright. This is one song that I hoenstly advise you to give a listen. The song starts really soft and builds with some cool delayed bass and mismatched drum patterns. I wouldn't really be able to say the song has a chorus... It just sort of evolves and gets to points where the main verse like thing is lounder and emphasized more. But I couldn't call it chorus. The song also has a guitar solo which is suprising for the little southern PC band. It's not a band little shred fest either. I advise the song earnestly anyhoo, go listen.

- - Fall Update

Saw Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows Pt.1 and damn. It's the best one i've ever seen. I'd heard a lot of good feedback and imagined it was just because it was a Harry Pothead movie. But actually, it was intense and was actually really sad. And no, no tears came from my eyes. But just maybe, they tried to. I do think it was the ebst movie in the series honestly.
I was listening to Pandora today and realized, jesus. I haven't listen to Pandora for a damn while. I found some good stuff to write about today because of it so I think i'll listen to it a bit more just to make me have more inspiration for writing. Says the man listening to iTunes at this very moment.

Man... I'll be up until midnightish on a schoolnight. I'll either be mega ********' tired tomorrow or end up being really awake. Like I was when me and Em saw Enter Shikari.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:39 pm
X ~ I ~ N ~ G ~ L ~ Y ~ N ~ X ~ H ~ O ~ U ~ R

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Hey guys! Well, let's start off the evening. Night. Well, Shinedown is coming out with a deluxe version of Sound Of Madness and it's a CD/DVD package with a new version of the song, "Breaking Inside" that features Halestorm vocalist, Lizzy Hale. Whom, I think is a stupid b***h. Much like Shinedown as a whole. It just bugs me when people name their band, not solo project, after themselves. What self centered faggots. At least Bon Jovi didn't suggest the idea, it just became the name.
J Mascis of Dinosaur Jr., and legendary indie guitarist world reknown; Is going to make a solo acoustic album. I don't know how that'll go. But I do hope he records it right. Because DJr. is good and all, but the shitty quality is kinda bullshit at this point. Farm shoulda had real studio quality. They have the money and the power to get that at this point so they should ******** do it!
2011 is scheduled to begin the Matchbox Twenty tour. It's been a damn while too. I'd rather them write new ******** music but a tour is good too. I'm just glad they've removed their lazy assholes off of the celebrity chair for 5 minutes (Which they have definetly taken a bit too long of a stay) and finally got some real work done. Which when you're a musician, all work is, is making the fans happy.
Brian Bell of Weezer, who's the guitar player other than Rivers. He's come out with his solo project called, The Relationship, which is both the album name and band name. It's their first record ever and I think it might be kinda cool. Brian is the guy who wrote the guitar solo to "This Is Such A Pity" and that's a BA solo. This album is probably very different from Weezer because Brian Bell has often been explained as a musician who is a crossbreed of The Stooges and Pink Floyd. And the album cover looks like it's got a dark feel to it. It's all viney and colored with mostly greens and black. It looks interesting enoguh to listen to.

Song of the Day - -

Haunt You Every Day - Weezer
It's a nifty little song where the use of piano is audible in Weezer's music. That's not too common really. It has a tight guitar solo later in the song as well. The main focus of the song is on the verses and transitions though. The verses are mega catchy and have flashing dynamic changes when they hit the chorus and again at the mid-point of the chorus. The song is basically a constant build up of layers and then points of layer reduction and then repeating. It's a cool staircase effect which isn't often used. I like it.

- - Fall Update

Standard day I guess. I had mega stomach aches all day though. They wore off once play rehearsal was over. Speaking of which, that opens tomorrow. But I ditched out because things weren't very well set up for me. It's okay. 2 other people knew my part and had costumes, and masks, and had run my second scene at least once. I had none of these 3. Life was just easier to cut me out of the awful situation. I'll still go see it when I have the chance. Prolly next weekish.
Big weekend s**t! 2 choir related things friday night and then I'm going to an 'anti-stupid b***h Lizzie' (Lizzie = Stupid b***h in the tehatre department who think's she knows everything. AKA, She Who Shall Not Be Named) sleepover with a bunch of Thespian friends. And Emmy!

When you think a song says certain lyrics, are proven wrong, but you still go with what you said. ******** you Levi. Flyleaf's song, "Cassie". Where the line clearly says,
"Make It"
It is definetly not, 'I Like it' even though she milks those words for all the notes she possibly can without being a keyboard falling on the floor and crashing on keys.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:34 pm
X<>I<>N<>G L<>Y<>N<>X H<>O<>U<>R

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Let's start the evening off with some good advice for acoustic styled music. This song, "Make It Last (Acoustic)" by Stroke 9 has struck my attention. It's got an interesting vibe to it where it uses it's drone tone to it's advantage. For those who want a bit of background... Stroke 9 is a post grugne act that actually started as a band that only played acoustic songs as an acoustical duo. So they make a lot of acoustic songs and they come out pretty well most of the time.
There's another song from the post-grunge pile that I've noticed a bit about. "Slow Motion" by Third Eye Blind. The song's actually really good but it's got this comical feel where it has a lot of unneeded pauses in it. The lyrics are what drew my attention primarily. Look, here's the first verse;
"Ms. Jones taught me English, but I think I just shot her son
'Cause he owed me money; with a bullet in the chest you cannot run.
Now he's bleeding in a vacant lot
The one in the summer where we used to smoke pot.
I guess I didn't mean it
But, man, you shoulda seen it
His flesh explode."
The song has a lot of references to drugs and sex and I think it's because it's supposed to refer to the things people do to bring them down horrible trails. Because TEB isn't really that... You know. Clearly into that kind of s**t.
I have good, or bad news; Muse will be opening for U2 for their Argentina and Brazil shows. If you like U2 and Muse; then sweetness. If you dislike Muse but like U2; deal with it. And if you like Muse but not U2; get the ******** out of South America and don't go. I think it's cool that they're touring together, because it's actually a band that Muse makes a bit of sense to tour with. They've always toured with bands that made no sense...
Apperently, The Faceless's newest song, "The Eidolon Reality", is really good. It came out at the end of October but I hadn't heard of it until recently. I am yet to hear the song so I can't really tell you if it's good or not. My bad. Go look it up if you like em' or just plainly want some prog metal to blast.

Song of the Day - -

Your Love - The Outfield
Perhaps one of the greatest songs from the 80s, "Your Love". It's got this kind of Police feel where it combines classic rock with this synthy, popping feel without really using it. It switches from muted bar chords to sounding more open and twangy and that really makes the songs mood powerful. The chorus is also dangerously addictive as well as cheesy, so it is in fact cheez wiz. The song is beast and needs a good look back to, because you've probably all heard it at some point in your life.

- - Fall Update

Didn't get my book. The first part of it is due by tomorrow. ********. My dad keeps forgetting to pay off my library card (Mega ******** long story, maybe another day) and I can't get my ******** book because of it. Ugh.

I hate going to English. All because I don't have that ******** book and I've been absent for 2 classes that were inconvinient to miss. Ugh.
Oh, and another, UGH.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:03 pm
1X2I3N4G 5L6Y7N8X 9H10O11U12R

- - - With additions from the dolofonos daimonas Drift!

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

[A catchy song from Marcy Playground, "Sex and Candy". It's got a swingy post-grungy feeling to it and it's just tight. It's kind of what I would call, the 90s style Coldplay. It's just got this poppy feeling like Coldplay, but it features the same traits in a different style. It's just cool.
So, there's a cool little hardcore punk band called Evergreen Terrace. Their kinda like Rise Against but a little more... Actual punk. One of the cool things about them is that they like to cover some pretty cool songs. One I personally found amusing was Foo Fighters', "Everlong". Evergreen Terrace does it suprisingly at about the right tempo, but they add a little bit of backing vocals that put a little scream in the song if you know what I mean. The secondary riff comes in much sharper and sounds like they wanted to make that part seem more like a breakdown. I personally thought it was amusing but it did sorta fail the first time it came into the song. one strange this I noticed while listening to the song was that at first, their singer sounds a lot like Dave Grohl actually. But as it progresses, he keeps sounding more and more like the Atreyu singer. Odd eh?
Wow. Looks like Them Crooked Vultures got more done than I thought they ever really could. Their song, "New Fang" got nominated for a Grammy. If it wins, that's kinda dumb though. That's kind of a shitty song. I mega prefer "Bandoliers" and "Gunman" to ******** "New Fang". TCV aren't a bad band, it just seems they did like all super groups and sort of competed to be the center of attention. I personally think their music is a bit jumbled and phychedelic. But perhaps that's what they wanted. Some people dig that sorta stuff.

Song of the Day - -

Mystery - Live
Oh man. What a great Live song. They really outdid themselves here, it shows that they can combine all sorts of elements into their music and make it work. They have strings in the song that play some off-beat stabs that are just great. One of my personal favorite attractions is the chorus because Ed pulls these hilariously high notes on the end of the word, "Mystery". It's a fabulous song that needs a good listen, truly. Go give a shot. Oh! Lastly, I will warn you that the intro does get a bit obnoxious when you hear it a lot. I've experienced that anyway.

- - Fall Update

Busy as ******** tomorrow! Got 2 choir performances and a sleepover for our hate group thing against the mega-whore. (Lizzie) It'll be one hectic day.

- - dolofonos Daimonas Drift

I have a Hotmail account. Yes, startling revelation I know. The thing is though, I only got it so I can use MSN, so I never check the mail I get from it. This also means that no-one in the whole world knows my hotmail address. Except, it would seem, the spam merchants.
I should never have to check my Hotmail inbox, I know I'm not going to get anything worthwhile, but the constant reminders whenever I get onto MSN that my inbox contains 153 billion unread messages kind of irks my tidy mind, so I have to go in and delete the whole bally lot of them. This does so piss me off. I'm so pissed off with the whole thing I think I'll take a few examples and take the piss out of them. Enjoy.
>From : mike_sullivan@northumbria.ac.uk
>Subject : CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WON!!!
This, I think, is the most recent mail I got, utilising, as you can clearly see, devious tactics to grab my attention. The 'mike_sullivan' address makes me think this came from a genuine person as opposed to a steam-powered spam-distributing machine, and the 'CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WON!!!' part would surely catch my eye if I had entered any competitions in the recent past. However, since I haven't entered any competitions in the recent past, and since I don't know anyone who uses three exclamation marks in a row, I was not fooled.
>"CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WON!!!
>YOUR FREE MEMBERSHIP, FREE VACATION, AND FREE CELL PHONE !!!
>Looking for a secure and legitimate online home business?
>One that WILL bring steady, dependable monthly checks
>EVERY month and in the shortest amount of time??"
So how does the free vacation and cell phone come into this again?
>"How about if we gave you info on a FREE VACATION and a
>FREE CELL PHONE just for looking over our FREE info
>about this terrific opportunity to work from home as
>your own boss?"
Oh, I see.
>"What a GREAT OFFER!"
It kinds of undermines the statement that they had to say this themselves. Put these in the words of some other bloke and you've got your very own infomercial, but say it yourself and it just seems ridiculous. This is like Paul McCartney saying "Yes, I believe Paul McCartney's latest album is quite brilliant."

My list of music I need to get is pretty expancive. It differs from Incubus and U2, down to Haste The Day and Bayside. I got a lot of work to get to. A LOT of work to get to.
You know what's funny? Just as I was tellnig Emmy I was missing all of my guest writers dolofonos just pops in with a new article. Which by the way... His spam articles will be coming for the next few days, kinda like his 'Where God Went Wrong' segments.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:37 pm
{{{XING}}} {{{LYNX}}} {{{HOUR}}}

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

I've finally looked into getting Haste The Day and I can say they aren't too shabby. What I did find funny about them is that all the song iTunes had the most popularity for, were the ones I thought were complete garbage. Like The song, "Meet Me Halfway". It's got that gay, Breathe Carolina feeling and it's just ew... Otherwise... Haste The Day is pretty good. I describe them as a combination of Atreyu, Shadows Fall, and Killswitch Engage. And they're just great. And yes, they scream and sing. It's a good balance too.
I believe I've told you of Parkway Drive, yes? They're a metal band with a great, powerful sound. They are masters of minor key tonality and it's very apperent in their music. I wanted to show you guys the track, "Idols And Anchors" simply because it's a great song. It's probably my favorite song by them and if you're into death metal go listen to this band and specifically, this song.
I showed you guys the song, "Kill The Humans" by Hypnogaja. But now I wanna tel lyou about the ******** masterpiece they've made. At first, they had a handful of great songs, yeah. But their most recent album, Truth Decay, was a piece of art. Almost every song is a for sure keep. I believe I got the whole album excluding one track. And it wasn't even 'bad', I just didn't care for it. The band is currently working on an album and it's EP is already out, "Welcome To The Future" is featured on this EP album. It's a good song, Go be excited for it!
You know what's beast? Alice In Chains is coming back to the 90s. They're performing an acoustic set at the Winstar Casino on February 5th. They haven't done an acosutic set for 15 motha fuggin' years bro! It's so exciting to hear that they're gonna go for the ol' six string like they used to. Hope they get a live album from it and it comes out as well as their first unplugged album.

Song of the Day - -

Here Is No Why - Smashing Pumpkins
Alternative is always the best when the band's aren't afraid to use distortion. It's why Muse, Smashing Pumpkins, and Collective Soul are a few of it's leaders. "Here Is No Why" has a main riff that shows this trait in motion and it works out great. The chorus isn't really 'catchy', but his has a powerful burst to it and it heads back into the song each time by mellowing out big time. It's a cool effect where it builds into a guitar solo after the second chorus. You guys should definetly listen to this song if you like alternative of any sort.

- - Fall Update

Me, Emmy, and my grandma made pumpkin bread today. Yum...
Okay. So yesterday. I sang at Carls Jr. and got 50% my meal. Me and 3 other crimsonnaire guys went in for food and thought, "We should see if we can pay by singing". We did and they gave us 50% off and we were like. "DANK." We sang a jazzy version of "Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town" with some harmonies we sort of mixed with the soprano and alto parts to make. It was cool. Barber shop quartet perhaps?

- - dolofonos daimonas Drift

>From : Easily_Attract_Women
>Subject : Get all the women you want easily
It's that kind of impersonal e-mail address that just stops me from adhering to these people. They should take some lessons from Mr. mike_sullivan, above.
>"Limited Supply And Selling Out Fast
>Try This POTENT Pheromone Formula That Helps Attract Women"
I Already Figured It Attracts Women, MATEY, You Told Me Twice In Your Return Address And Subject LINE. And Ease Off The Capital LETTERS. It should be noted that I have turned on the Spam filters on my MSN inbox and this lot still made it through, so either the filters don't work or they're very easily fooled.
>"Because of all its exacting and expensive ingredients,
>Pheromone Concentrate cannot be mass-produced.
>Only a limited supply is left and it may not be available weeks from now.
>It's selling out at a record pace, re-orders are flooding in."
Oh well, suppose I'd better place an immediate order for your particular brand of funny-smelling deodorant if they're flying off the shelves this fast. Something tells me that either this company's CEO and all his mates have boxes full of the stuff in their garages, or they're lying through their extremely attractive teeth.
>"Don't lose out. Get all the women you want easily,
>excite your mate like never before...GUARANTEED!"
Excite my mate? What am I now, a panda? I don't know, something tells me that if you really had discovered the secret of making women fall at your feet then you wouldn't want to share it. I certainly wouldn't, but then I've obviously got a worse code of ethics than the spam people. Damn, that depresses me.

I haven't been able to fall asleep recently. It kinda sucks. But I have been getting decent sleep... Meh. We'll see how this whole sleeping issue goes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:46 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Looking for some funky goodness to liven up your Winter? Well, I have the perfect tracks for you! Live likes to use they're inner ****** quite often and pop out a few funky babies from their little funky buttholes every once and awhile. The tracks I suggest are, "Pain Lies On The Riverside", and "Waterboy". Both of them are a grand listen and I earnestly suggest both.
Speaking of funky... How about bluesy? I got a good bluesy number for you! "Blinding Sun" by Mudhoney. For those of you who aren't familiar with Mudhoney, they've always been recognized for their combination of grunge and blues influenced rock. And it's usually pretty apperent that they like the good ol' blues.
Sometimes, I feel like I leave out a few factions of rock n' roll. (PS, I hate the term, 'Rock n' Roll'. Why did I use it? Poetic comedy) And I feel I've left out the modern day synth/indie. But hey! I found a cool little song for you guys that'll get this type of music right back into your ears. If you aren't already listening to Pheonix... Well. There's a remix of the song, "Lisztomania" done by Alex Metric. It's pretty wacky and I think it's kinda boss in my opinion. It's got a ton of that yummy synth bass that we all fell in love with Lady Gaga for. Ha.
Alright. Since I'm talknig about all these dandy songs from different genre's, I'll tell you guys about I've only recently fallen to. Screaming Trees. They have a clearly grungy sound, but... It's not just that. It has this tightness kind of like Dinosaur Jr. And I know what you're thinking. "Dinosaur Jr. doesn't stay tight, they've got all this fuzz and just... ICK!" Well ******** you! That's because they were indie in the 90s, so in other words. Failures. But regardless, they maintain a level of calmness with the ability to affect their music with anger. The reason why Screaming Trees are no ordinary grunge band is because they aren't really angry. Hmm. Go ******** listen to "Make My Mind" and "Shadow Of The Season"
Looking for piano rock ? Well come right up and behold! "Look What You've Done" by Jet! So I'll just say, I hate Jet. But this song was a ******** golden brick that came out of their copper glazed assholes. So, in other, less graffic words, a mother ******** miracle. Enjoy the song!
Okay. So in completely unrelated news. There's gonna be one sick tour coming around to you all soon. It's The Game Changers Tour! It's got A Day To Remember, Pierce The Veil, We Came As Romans, and Bring Me The Horizon. Emmy's gonna go of course. The day after My Chemical Romance too. Insane? Not for her.

Song of the Day - -

How Do You Love - Collective Soul
An anthemic rock song that if it had hit radio, it would've made Collective Soul a powerful force to reckon with. However, it didn't so... Yeah. The song has a really catchy chorus for one and it focus's heavily on using the same vocal part but changing dynamics. The song alos has a nifty little harmonic guitar solo that resembles the oh so famous, "Don't Stop Believin'" guitar solo. So yeah, it's tight.

- - Fall Update

Man, I'm sorry I've been absent for a while. It's been pretty hectic and shitty the past couple days. Crimsonnaires are starting to act a little douchey towards each other. It's ********' bullshit.
I've grabbed a few more artists off of iTunes. Screaming Trees, Haste The Day, Senses Fail, and The Goo Goo Dolls. Did you know that Goo Goo Dolls uses to be like, mega punk? I didn't.

- - dolofonos daimonas Drift

>From : yourresponse@163.net
>Subject : RE: your inquiry
Funny, I'm sure I would've remembered inquiring about something to someone called Yourresponse. Is that an eastern european name?
>"You were referred to me today as someone who is seeking a financial miracle. If this is true please continue. I promise this will be worth your time!"
Actually I'm not so much seeking a financial miracle as I am seeking money. I suppose I'd quite like it if a huge bag of money materialised in front of me, and that sort of counts as a financial miracle, so yes, I'm seeking a financial miracle. This means I can now read on. I feel so priveleged. Also, please tell me who referred me to you so I can strike him or her off my Christmas card list.
>"I can help you make $2,000. per week from your HOME with your computer and phone. This is not some scam or mlm opportunity. Are you Serious about earning an excellant income at home starting Right Away with a simple system where people contact you?"
And there was me thinking this was a scam. It clearly isn't, look! He says it isn't! I wasn't actually thinking this was an mlm opportunity, mainly because I don't know what an mlm opportunity is. Maximum Lasagna Man? Sounds like a superhero! Maximum Lasagna Man! Scourge of wrongdoers! The mightiest pasta-based dish in all Italy! But yes, I am Serious about earning an 'excellant' income, starting Right Away. Does this require any selling?
>"No, this does not require any selling."
Jolly good.
>"Currently we are accepting new team members at this time. We will train you thoroughly. In addition, we are willing to provide you with Advertising Assistance to virtually insure your success!"
What the hell is Advertising Assistance? Is that where you get someone to walk around with you and point out all the advertising posters? Or is this assisting me advertise something? Well, I don't know, I suppose I could erect a big sign to hold up saying "I am Yahtzee, and I'm brilliant". I suppose I could do with someone to help me paint it.
>"Experience is not required. However, you must have a serious Desire for personal success."
I have a feeling they meant to capitalise the word 'serious' in this sentence but the retarded man they have to type this stuff up missed. Or maybe they have some computer program to randomly pick words to jam capital letters on. Either way, there's really no excuse for adding the capital to the word 'Desire' in this case, unless they were talking about the character from Neil Gaiman's Sandman books. Somehow I doubt that.
>"Call Mr Poopoohead at 1-800-CON-RTST Anytime" [phone number and contact name censored by management]
I like that 'Anytime' thing. Makes me want to stay up 'til three in the morning and ring them just to see if they're as desperate as I think they are. Well, it all sounds very tempting so I think I might - hey - wait a minute! That looks like an American phone number! Gah. That's my chances of making 2000 smackers a week blown out of the water. Aren't they supposed to check these things?

Yeah. I said ******. Why? Because I have the power of America on my side with the 1st ammendment. ******** yes. I'll say it plenty more times too. Well, only if I feel like it. Anyway, I brought this up because I realized I was being a 'little' graffic this periodical. Oh... Well!
Hint! Highlight the header!

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:53 pm
XING LYNX HOUR

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Hey guys! Wanna know of a song that kicks a** and has a very comedic scream in it? It's the song, "Irony Of Dying On Your Birthday" by Senses Fail. The first line that comes into the song comes in with singing vocals which very quickly turn into an upward sliding swooshing scream that's just hilarious. Go listen guys. If you don't like screamo, listen to it for the comedy.
To no suprise, Rise Against auctioned off a nifty little Gibson guitar with their signatures on it for the Music Saves Lives foundation. It's sweet when bands do stuff like that for charity. I really think every band needs to take theirs thumbs out of their assholes and be more like Rise Against. Play music for the ******** sake of the music. And when you're put in a position of influence, use it for good. And remember, once you release music to the public. It's not just yours anymore. It's everyone's who enjoys your work. Just be thankful and give back the respect they gave you.
If you're really into Staind, maybe you should join their fan club; Dysfunction Fan Club. You'll get all these cool updates on how the album's goin PLUS a nifty shirt and water bottle. Haha. Hope you don't spill any drinks out of that water bottle and cause a, dare I say, stain? I dared.
Oh, I wanted to talk about how I feel about Avenged Sevenfold's album, Nightmare. I honestly think it follows the same guidelines that made their previous self-titled album not so great. It's not a horrible album, but it has it's major flaw of being this... Poppy metal. Ha, what? It just isn't right. Another thing that bothers me about the record is that they've tried to add some of their 'metal' qualities back by adding in break-beats again. (Like in "Welcome To The Family") But it's only even more apperent that it's gotten much weaker because the break-beats manage to almsot sound, not metal. Which shouldn't ever happen. A7X is in a tough place due to The Revs' mortality and let's hope that that's what caused the album to lack finness. Perhpas their next one will redeem itself, if it ever happens.

Song of the Day - -

Alice Said - Screaming Trees
Wowwy woo! "Alice Said" is a great song that truly challenges the rules of 'angry grunge'. the song has a fairly positive tone but still follows the same grungy rules as Mudhoney and Green River. It's an interesting song and I just collectively suggest it to anyone. The song does have some nice gnor work if that pulls you in as well.

- - Fall Update

Dude. I'm wearing my tux to school tomorrow. Yeyah! It's cuase I have a show in the middle of the day so, why the ******** not?

Tired. I ******** hate you guys and hate my commitment to give 5 people something to read.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:49 pm
*X*I*N*G* - *L*Y*N*X* - *H*O*U*R*

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

Hey there guys! Remember how I was talkin' 'bout Senses Fail the other day? Well. Them along with Chiodos, are kind of a sparkle in my eye right now. I've normally not been a big fan of screamo music. But every genre has it's heroes. Bands like Senses Fail, Chiodos, and Underoath make screamo a genre with a little credibility. I just wanted to thank those artists for their good work.
Hey guys. I wanted to tell you about this band called, Just Like Vinyl. They're the offspring band of Fall of Troy's frontman, Thomas Erak. They're pretty good. But they're basically just toned down FoT. They're worth a lsiten to anyhow. "Death Of The Sheep" would be the song I suggest to give a listen to at the moment. Their only album is their self-titled that's just recently been released.
Haha. So this is kind of a joke. Seether's song, "Remedy" is being featured on Rock Band Reloaded for Verizon Wireless phones. Why Seether? It just doesn't makes sense why, when you finally give into the rythym game phenom, it's for one on the phone? Go for the big leagues boys.
If you wanna see part of Jimmy Eat World's stagework go on their Facebook and find their link to their Conan O' Brian show. They perform one of their song's from their new album, Invented, "Coffee and Cigarettes". And what's odd about the live version is that it sounds like Coheed & Cambria for some weird reason. Listen to it and you'll see it for sure.
If you're one of the listeners of Howard Stern, then you may wanna tune in tomorrow morning to hear him chat with Train. They said they've got a good hunch that he'll pick on them quite a bit. So check it out if you can and I almsot gaurantee a good laugh out of it.

Song of the Day - -

One Day Women Will All Become Monsters - Chiodos
I finally did it. I'm giving out a Chiodos song for the song of the day. A proud day. The song is from my favorite album of theirs, All's Well That End's Well. The song is a rarity for the band because it actually says the name of the title in it. What makes this song really cool is that it has all these cool dynamic changes and some really amazing piano parts. The piano is really what gives the song it's edge while the tantilizing drum parts give the song an exotic sort of tone. (Primarily because of the use of ping ride cymbals) But I do have to say, the drums are interesting to lsiten to. So go listen to them, check this song out.

- - Fall Update

Today was whatevs. Tomorrow, and the next day, I have my Winter choral concert. Should be, at least interesting. We'll see though.

According to Queens Of The Stone Age, ck stands for chicken karma.
A lot of my friends in Crimsonnaires are getting really pissy. It's all because that Voldemort hate group thing I brought up a while back. They were in it and are now mad that I (as well as others) are willing to admit, it was totally a hate group. And at the meeting, we all damn well knew it was. Everyone just wants to rebel against it so they look nice to everybody. ******** liars.

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

Cat Named V

Tipsy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:57 am
/X/I/N/G/ /L/Y/N/X/ /H/O/U/R/

Music World - - -

Recent in Music - -

I gave A Day To Remember's new album a listen and just so you all know, it's good. I would need a more expansive listen to say if it's better than it's predicessor, Homesick, but I can heartfully say What Seperates You From Me, is a worthwhile album.
I was informed by EmilyRaynebow about a hidden easter egg on the Muse album, Hullaballo Soundtrack. On the second disk, the live disk, if you rewind the first track on a CD player beyond it's actual first track and into negative seconds, click play and you will hear the poem, "What's He Building" read by Tom Waits. It's a creepy poem and an excellently hidden track.
I was intrigued today, I saw a lot of people on Youtube posting their favorite 90s albums. While I will most likely participate in this in the future, I must say. I saw some I was suprised, and enthrilled to see. I saw Screaming Trees glorious, Sweet Oblivion, I had also seen Helmet's sophmore album, Betty, listed. Of course Nevermind had come up repeatedly, but it was alright, I mean it is a good album. Sometimes it's over-rated but sometimes, it really is what it is, a masterpiece.
Jason Arnold, of Hypnogaja recently won an award for being "The Best Male Vocalist on Radio". Which he totally deserves except... He's never on the radio... I've never heard them on the radio, although I don't listen to much anyway. But nobody knows Hypnogaja, and they're expecting me to believe he got voted best male vocalist? Right.
Just so you all are aware, Third Eye Blind has gone touring again. They are planning on finishing up their album when they return. So, incase you were really anxious to get the album early this year; too ******** bad. You'll have to wait a few months niggaaah!
I learned that Pantera was on Spongebob. Yeah. No ******** joke. They were featured on a Spngebob Squarepants musical highlights album, titled, Spongebob Squarepants (Original Theme Highlights). The song featured was entitled, "Pre-Hibernation (Instrumental)" which I didn't recognize from any of their albums. So maybe it was an extra or it was actually made, FOR, Spongebob. That's metal.

Song of the Day - -

A Little Bitter - Alice In Chains
The song has some intense ******** bass, we'll just get that out in the open. But let's start from the beginning; It starts out with ambient guitar noises and bounces in with drums and that intensily funky bass I was talking about along with vocals that are filtered over just about the whole song. (Not unusual) The chorus has a powerful bounce which is backed with perfectly aligned vocal rythyms. It's unreleased on a studio album but it can be found on the more modern release, The Essential: Alice In Chains. It needs a listen for anyone who likes grunge, metal, or bass guitar.

- - Fall Update

Hey guys, my bad for not posting all Winter Break. I have a life. Hahaha, kinda. I spent the past week literally playing Dungeons & Dragons and nothing really else. I DM too. (DM = Dungeon Master)
I restrung my Mitchell acoustic with Elixer strings which are... Mmmmm! Delicious to hear and play! If you play an acoustic guitar and want a powerful western slinky sound, Elixer's got you covered. At least give em' a try.
I enjoyed my Christmas thoroughly. I got my D&D stuff and money. It's all I really wanted. Of course I got other things, (Such as a pair or brush drumsticks) but the D&D stuff was the big deal.

Well, I was bitched at a little from one of my players that I should've been giving out new equiptment because the D&D game expects that as the players level, they should be getting bettegr equiptment. And what is true, is that I had not been upgrading them at a quick pace in the slightest. But what is true is that even though they were leveling, and not getting new equiptment, the enemies weren't getting very much tougher. The situations just were. So I think it equalled out to my player not understanding that you can customize the game a LOT more than you think.
My article should be returning to a 'about every day' posting kinda thing. I was just way too busy over Winter Break which I apologize for. I should've announced my departure in an article also, but I had definetly forgot to do so.

**BOOKS~POEMS~WRITINGS~CENTRAL**

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff