Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
Mpreg Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mpreg
  :D
  D:
View Results

phobia2001

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:05 am
I'm fine with Mpreg as long as it does something to enhance or further the storyline. And you can tell when an author has it planned for Mpreg vs. them just putting it in their fic for the sake of Mpreggyness. "Look we are in a perfectly decent love story and now I'm pregnant with no warning whatsoever and this will cause the story to become exponentially sucky because it really has nothing to do with anything!" <---That's what I don't like.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:43 am
I actually like m preg as long as there is a good plot to go with it. If there is just m preg there for the fun of it then it sucks....  

tragic kitty

Adri Neru

Hallowed Hunter

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:40 am
I don't like mpreg. But I do like when a freak accident turns a man into a woman, and then s/he gets pregnant. 3nodding Much more plausible.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:58 pm
I'm fine with mpreg. It's not exactly my favorite thing to read about but there have been some cute fics with it in them.

THDSG Mule

Your-Cold-Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:20 pm
At the moment I love Mpreg but it did take me awhile to love it so much, yes at first I was completely like this---> 0.x---< twitching too.
I've only ever read Draco/Harry Mpreg and I've come to really adore it, it seems that with any other pairing I wouldn't like it but I think I'll have to give it a try first before I judge. But yes, Mpreg is a wonderful thing<3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:12 pm
I find it so disgusting and perturbing, it's not even cool. Even if I'm reading a good fic, as soon as mpreg pops up, I delete the window. I will not tolerate the physically impossible thing of males getting pregnant!! scream  

davernifiedsquishchunk

Okiyami

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:21 pm
I like mpreg that makes sense. (eg: there was this fanfic where someone made a freak experiment where they fertlized an egg in a female's womb than implanted it into a male. The birth would then be a c-section) Some things like a random, impossible, badly written Mpreg thing I wouldn't read ^_^. I understand why its kinda awkward at some points.

Sometimes I just skip over mpreg because it kind of freaks me out when its the opposite of the norm (like there was one where Sirius was pregnant who-knows-how and had to be dressed up as a girl. Not my usual type of stuff). I like it when it's all explained all clear and such (some explanations need work though-- there was this mpreg fic where Remus got pregnant because he was a 'werewolf' and werewolf's reproduction system is 'different' than humans. Me= how? why? what happened???)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:44 am
To tell teh truth, I'm very indifferent about Mpreg. All I care is if it's written well.

pudoupan

munineye

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:57 am
HKBlack
Mpreg is at the very top of the list titled "Things That I Won't/Don't/Can't Read"

I've never liked it, and not because no one writes it well (which usually will make me like something because I had previously seen crap authors try to use something) for lots of different reasons.

1) Physically Impossible, I doubt even magic is that advanced.
2) Ow...it hurts for a female, assuming that they do manage to have a reasonable explanation for it (and other species is not reasonable in the HPVerse) I can't even begin to imagine the pain a guy goes through.
3) It's called adoption. Most homosexual couples who want children use this method (or try to at least) and it works best in not only the Real World, but in every fandom imaginable. What fandom can't have characters either adopt or find some poor child in an alley to take care of?

I just find it far to outlandish for my tastes--and considering what I do like, that's saying a lot.

Thank you! *applause* I can't begin to squee over how happy I am to see someone else with my kind of attitude towards this.

The only mpreg I have seen work was Ranma 1/2, and that kinda had a reason for it. xp Besides, I've seen some awful mpreg in the HP fandom, like Sirius was Harry's "mother" by James, and stupid things like that. >_< No. Just ew.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:47 pm
I like it...but only if it makes sense.

Like, if the aren't human or something, ya know, different species might have different ways of doin' it. ninja

But if it's set on something like Friends, set in this time and this world, then I don't really see how it's possible. sweatdrop

So yeah, there has to be a good explaination for why it's possible.

Though with a lot of fanfics, ya still have to use ya imagination. lol

~Molly~

Maegrambaiel

7,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Emilyandwhatnot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:38 am
ive read one story with it in , i like it if its done really really well but i dont like my fav chars to be + baby

harry + baby , NO!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:46 am
Mpregs are very funny, it's a bit WTF!?! at frist but you get over it. As you can see i only like the humoris [ack can't spell] ones, like snape if you go to snapesnogger@deviantart then you will see why. If they go to serious then........ not really.  

IJWTDTPLMCTUN

SilbernerDrache

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:22 pm
I can't remember what the title was, buti read a FF that handled MPREG very well. It was a veela!draco/harry one and it said that draco could become pregnant because his body would become hermaphroditic (sp?) due to his veela blood. Kinda cool, very funny.  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:31 am
At first I detested it and avoided fics with Mpreg. Now I dont really care so long as its well written and isn't the main point of the story. I can read about it and thats pretty much it, someone tried to show me an anime they were making with friends that had an mpreg theme and I was really not into it and rl mpreg is just rediculous.
There also needs to be some sort of explanation though as to how this would work... otherwise its just urh >.<

Piker

omfghaxd

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:16 pm
I only like it because it makes me laugh. And I only read it if it's harry whos getting pregnant and Severus or lucious is the (step)father.  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff