Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
canon or fic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fanfic or canon?
  fanfic ^_^
  canon -.- (can you tell i'm biased? XD)
View Results

queerduck

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:19 pm
I know we ALL love fanfics, but you have to remember, what got us into Harry Potter slash?  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:11 pm
[queerduck]
I know we ALL love fanfics, but you have to remember, what got us into Harry Potter slash?

That's kind of what I was thinking. We wouldn't have HP slash if not for the books.

Personally, I like some fanfiction better than the books, but most of them are AU, post-Hogwarts fics or Marauder Era fics. If they aren't set in a timeline outside of the books, then I generally prefer the books. Despite the fact that Harry Potter was written more for an audience of children, I still love the series and read them often.  

ElegantSarcasm

Madam Hare

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:05 pm
I still prefer the fics because they generally turn out how I want.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:47 pm
I like fanfics over canon usually.
Especially since Remus/Tonks.
Why'd she have to sink the Remus/Sirius ship? Why?  

Froggyfrogfrog

Lestat De Lioncourt I

5,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:37 am
My favorite pairing that could or could not be true is SproutxHooch. I mean, have you seen/heard of a man with EITHER of those two? I swear they're lesbians... It's kinda cute. I've seen pics of it, but never any good fanfics about it...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:39 am
I loved JK, I did, but HBP ruined it for me. I was wondering whether she'd printed out some half-baked piece of badly-written fanfiction instead of her own book... I was just SO disappointed! I feel like she wanted to make it shorter than OotP, so she took every shortcut she could think of. VoilĂ , HBP.

That said, I do admit there are a few redeeming moments. But they are few and far apart.

My favorite fanfic ever will always be Rhysenn's "Irresistible Poison". She is just ridiculously amazing... she even got me into CSI slash.  

Maenys_Hyren

nickjonas3lifebdsfsxf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:39 am
Froggyfrogfrog

I KNOW! It's a scandal. At the end of the book, I was crying moreso because Remus and Tonks ended up together instead of Dumble's death. I was sobbing and screaming, "WHY GOD? WHY?" It was a very sad moment in my life. Even recollecting... I get chocked up.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:39 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

JK Rowling is an okii righter, it!z really the Harry Potter story itself that made her richer than the Queen of England. 3nodding
Take for example, Checkmate; it!z a Harry/Draco but it doesn!t have that much "action" in it, onlii a couple timez, but it has got to be one of the best slashes in the world. The author is an excellent writer! Everiione should go read it if they haven!t already. 3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

rainboosprinkles

Cain_Night

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:25 am
I have to stay she is not one of best authors in the world and I have read a few fanfiction writers that actually writen the series better, mostly becuase they write more believable relationships. ginny x harry seems a bit to quick on harry's part. Also it had already been estabilshed that Ginny , in no offense,is a player .if you will there is a line in the sixth book which Ron, her own bother, basically says so. Also this surpirze depresstion with tonks over SB, yes they are related however he has been in prison for the last 12 years and they both had little to no interaction so how could she so upset that he died to the point that JKR's has her in the sixth book that she seeks to get with RL, which also seems forced. bascially JKR seemed to decided out of no where to through people together regarudless of what she had already writen. Even though I think harry and Draco would be great together, even if she put harry and cho together it would have made more seen becuase in one of the earlier books harry relationship to her was one like an older borther so putting them together just seems worng.

sorry i wrote a lot but the sixth book pissed me off on so many levels almost as much as the ending of the fifth sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:28 am
Maenys_Hyren
I loved JK, I did, but HBP ruined it for me. I was wondering whether she'd printed out some half-baked piece of badly-written fanfiction instead of her own book... I was just SO disappointed! I feel like she wanted to make it shorter than OotP, so she took every shortcut she could think of. VoilĂ , HBP.

That said, I do admit there are a few redeeming moments. But they are few and far apart.

My favorite fanfic ever will always be Rhysenn's "Irresistible Poison". She is just ridiculously amazing... she even got me into CSI slash.

THANK YOU !!! heart
I was hopeing I wasn't the only one to think this. heart  

Cain_Night

saifai

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:19 pm
I'm rather with you on this one jaded. I think Rowling should give it up as a lost cause and hand over the goods to the slash writers. We could do so much better justice to our beloved boys than she ever could.

I'm much happier these days immersing myself in the world of HP Slash than I am reading the books. I love the books and the films, but honestly they only serve to feed my vivid slashy imagination. The films are even better for that because I can get clear mental images and audio sound files to go along with the lovely visuals.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:25 pm
in my mind i have begun to confuse my fanfiction with my canon...
which is incredibly frustrating. After the absolutly horrible book six ( which i read out of loyalty and it took me a very long time to read becaus ei kept seting it down and saying:"this reads like bad fanficton...really really bad fanfiction) i read other fanfictions searching for a replacemnt in my mind of book six and what i believed book 7 should have done. and i have found quite a few although some of them went as far off canon as...well they included vampire neighbors and the daughter of tom riddle and even a verry bad buffy crossover, yet all of these were still written better than book 6. I will read book 7 out of loyalty to the series and i will never pick it up agian..just as ive never picked up 1,2 or 6 agian. i do agree fanfiction has just become better.  

PhoebeMarie

PhoebeMarie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:31 pm
Cain_Night
Also this surpirze depresstion with tonks over SB, yes they are related however he has been in prison for the last 12 years and they both had little to no interaction so how could she so upset that he died to the point that JKR's has her in the sixth book that http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/posting.php?mode=quote&p=118135142she seeks to get with RL, which also seems forced. bascially JKR seemed to decided out of no where to through people together regarudless of what she had already writen.

sorry i wrote a lot but the sixth book pissed me off on so many levels almost as much as the ending of the fifth sweatdrop

well tonks wasnt depressed about sirius dieing she was depressed because remus kept blowing her off with his " to old to dangerous to poor..and o didi i mention to GAY?!" lines it is my personaly opinion as a incredibly faithful RL/SB shipper that she shoved tonks and remus togather because well...she had heard that a lot of people thought SB/RL were gay togather...

o sorry for the double post i forgot how to edit...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:52 pm
I would have to say without a doubt it would be fanfic. I agree that so many authors are better than JK. Not to mention that whole Harry x Ginny mess >_>. How could she? sad . Fanfics will always be my favourite biggrin  

RukaMaron

wonkyspoon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:25 pm
Froggyfrogfrog

I definitely hated HBP passionately, but that was a kick in the gut. I think she was just ******** with us. There was absolutely no reason at all to stick Remus and Tonks together. (But you know he's just doing it because she's related to Sirius.)

I have to say I'm loyal to canon up until the 6th book. From there on out, I just don't give a rat's a**. Harry and Ginny never got together (ewww), Dumbledore never kicked the bucket, Sirius never died (yeah, book five, whatever), Remus and Tonks never declared togetherness -- and then all is well in my mind.

But Harry did act pretty gay in Book Six, what with being obsessed with Draco and all -- so I think the fangirls should've been satisfied at least a tad. :]  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff