Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Tamora Pierce Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Redd Crayons

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:22 pm
The Song of the Lioness series is what got me started in fantasy! i love Tamora Pierce's books and i'm looking into the Trickster series. i really like how she involves characters in the Tortal (spell?) books in other stories in the realm. its always fun to hear about your favorite characters in another book! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:03 pm
Lady Greenwitch
Ladyknight1991
she has a new book coming out thi month called terrier

I know! Tis so exciting!

have you all read it yet !!
i cant wait till the 2nd one comes out heart  

ValHallaGirl

Kitten

12,450 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Timid 100

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:20 pm
I know! I want to read it so much! When does it come out, next fall? I also want the book about Tris in Lightsbridge.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:29 pm
[Shadow.Elven-mage]
NightIntent
Anyone read The Will of the Empress yet? I've been meaning to, but haven't gone to the bookstore with money yet. Sometime this week, I hope. Though I don't know if I want to read it. I'll have to see it first, then I'll decide.

Yes, and it is bloody fantastic (excuse the minor cuss there). The Circle reunited is in itself excellent, but the way the characters have subtly changed and their subsequent interactions is the aspect that really won me over. My only complaint is that the teachers aren't in it much (if at all), which is sad because I was hoping to see Niko or Lark a little more. Still, it's great, and the Namornese court is done extremely well.

I just just finished it. I loved how they made briar finnally become aware of Girls. He is a real leadies man but a responcible one. I also liked what we see with Daja. Not telling go read the book!  

Readera

Readera

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:36 pm
DirectedScion
I met Tamora Pierce!!! blaugh
She signed my books!!!!
She is an absolutely awesome person! AND she has an excellent sense of humor.
She said that Ali is going to have triplets!!!
and that the circle of magic series is definatley NOT ending anytime soon!

Yes more books for me. biggrin heart  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:38 pm
NightIntent
She's going to add more to the Circle series. The one that caught my attention was the one about Tris going to Lightsbridge to learn to be a normal mage. I think she's also doing one for Briar. I think it was set between The Will of the Empress and The Circle Opens series, but I can't remember what it was called.

The one about Tris going to Lightsbridge has to be after because in The Will of the Empress she hasn't gone yet.

Edit: wow I'm posting alot.  

Readera

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:14 pm
Readera
NightIntent
She's going to add more to the Circle series. The one that caught my attention was the one about Tris going to Lightsbridge to learn to be a normal mage. I think she's also doing one for Briar. I think it was set between The Will of the Empress and The Circle Opens series, but I can't remember what it was called.

The one about Tris going to Lightsbridge has to be after because in The Will of the Empress she hasn't gone yet.

Edit: wow I'm posting alot.

Yeah, I know, I was talking about the one for Briar at that point. There was something that Tamora Pierce alluded to throughout The Will of the Empress that Briar went through, and I think I read on her site (or somewhere) that sher's going to write a book on that, because she never actually told what happened thoroughly.

Ah-ha! Direct quote from tamora-pierce.com:
Quote:
untitled Circle universe book, set in the months after STREET MAGIC, in which Briar, Rosethorn, and Evvy continue their journey eastward to distant Yanjing, where they discover a danger that threatens the home temple of the Living Circle religion, Scholastic hardcover in the U.S. and Canada--March

It's supposed to come out in 2009. Wow.

<.< I always get so excited when I read the upcoming books page. There're the Terrier books, and all the books that I'm going to have to wait like 5 years to get, like the stuff about Numair and Maura--okay, those are only like two and three years, respectively, but it was like seven years in the future when I first found the page. My how time flies. And it hasn't been updated since 2005! I wonder what else she may've come up with since then. n.n" Okay, no more rambling for now.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:41 am
I just went to the books store yesterday and bought Wild Magic, it's so good! ^__^

I've noticed that she borrows a lot from celtic mythology, which is alright with me! ^_^  

Tarantellatears

Lainy122

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:31 pm
I have been a Tamora Pierce fan for many, many years. I first got interested in her when I read the first of the Immortal series waaaaay back in primary school! I fell in love with the series, and immediately went back to devour the Song of the Lioness series.

Although the Immortal series will always hold a special place in my heart (because it was the first series I read), I must confess that I adore the Protector of the Small series. I really like the main characters, the themes, the cultures, and the adventures developed.

I found the first two 'Circle' series rather mediocre, in comparison to Tamora Pierce's earlier works - but I quite enjoyed 'Will of the Empress', which was the conclusion of the first two series. Go figure. What the 'Circle of Magic' and 'The Circle Opens' series lacked, I think was made up for in the final 'Circle Reforged' single volume. I would recommend it to anyone who is a fan of Tamora, because although it wasn't as insanely loveable as her earlier series, I still enjoyed it a lot.

And I am TOTALLY in love with the first of her new series - Terrier. Bring on the next one! XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:19 pm
I'm a real big fan of Tamora Pierce! The only books of hers I haven't read yet is 'Will of the Empress' and 'Terrier' but I might get those for my next B-Day so I'm happy!! biggrin

It's hard to pick a fav series I love them all! biggrin
heart heart heart heart

Dinora Rose

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:29 am
Terrier is really good! I finished Song of the Lioness this week, and I must say, I didn't like it too much . . .

I'm working on the Rest of the Immortals now!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:26 pm
I didn't know Will of the Empress was out. I'm a fan of any of her work that stems from the Lioness Quartet, but I'm not so fond of her other series.  

Flitterbye

Serenity-Revers

6,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:33 pm
I love most of her books. Though I really didn't like the Empress one. I however do like her new book. Beka Cooper, bought it the minute it came out. It was awesome!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:40 pm
I read all of her books, they're all on my bookshelf (even Young Warriors). I think Shatterglass or Terrier would have to be my favorite. Shatterglass because of Tris, the murder mystery theme, and the glassblowing, and Terrier because of the plotline, language, and similarity to the Alanna story.
This year, Beka Cooper: Bloodhound and another circle book about Tris are scheduled to come out. Yay! heart  

ckmidnight

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:51 pm
I'm so happy about the Tris one. I've been looking forward to it for, like, three years, at least. I also want to see more of Beka. I really liked Terrier. It's one of the few books recently that kept my attention the whole way through, even through a re-reading shnortly after the first read.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff