Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Room Planning
The Celebration (STILL LOOKING FOR STAFF!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trivia: who is the mother of Dionysus in most versions of the myth?
  Aphrodite
  Semele
  Demeter
  Khrysothemis
View Results

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:39 pm
Okay, so this is what we have so far for the plot:

Plot

I
Amid merrymaking, an enemy enters the party unbeknownst to the gods. This enemy wreaks havoc until something must be done.

II
During the celebrating, something happens that makes Demeter's powers go out of whack, and the seasons change abruptly without notice and out of order.

III
Demeter holds a grudge against Hades for kidnapping her daughter, so Dionysus (with or without Demeter's knowledge) leads some people from the Celebration into the Dark Room to play pranks and wreak havoc on their party.

IV
Other or any combination of the above.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:32 pm
GreenInkling

Plot

I
Amid merrymaking, an enemy enters the party unbeknownst to the gods. This enemy wreaks havoc until something must be done.

II
During the celebrating, something happens that makes Demeter's powers go out of whack, and the seasons change abruptly without notice and out of order.

III
Demeter holds a grudge against Hades for kidnapping her daughter, so Dionysus (with or without Demeter's knowledge) leads some people from the Celebration into the Dark Room to play pranks and wreak havoc on their party.

IV

We can't have a plot that goes into other room's. We need to figure out exactly what we are doing. I think the thing we need is to close the room on the 2nd day to the news room, as I don't want the contests during that day that pop-up to be shown in the news room, as they are timely ones.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:50 pm
Epcot Illuminations
GreenInkling

Plot

I

II

III

IV

We can't have a plot that goes into other room's. We need to figure out exactly what we are doing. I think the thing we need is to close the room on the 2nd day to the news room, as I don't want the contests during that day that pop-up to be shown in the news room, as they are timely ones.

Sorry, what do you mean by close our room to the news room? You mean, stop contact with the news room on the 2nd day, so that the contests that are going on are not given away? And what is the reasoning behind that?

Sorry if I'm slow. ^^; If you could clarify, it'd be a big help. Thanks, Epcot!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:34 pm
little mintchan is interested in being on the staff as a role-player. Hurray!

Epcot, did you ever get in touch with that artist you were talking about?

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:40 pm
IMPORTANT

We need to think about fund-raising starting now. I'm not sure if the Guild is going to contribute some of its funds to each room or not, but it couldn't hurt to open a charity thread in the community forums to make a little extra gold to spend on art and prizes.

When or if I open a charity thread, I will post the link here. Please come out and support us!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:20 pm
I am currently brainstorming games.

Khrysothemis

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:24 pm
GreenInkling
IMPORTANT

We need to think about fund-raising starting now. I'm not sure if the Guild is going to contribute some of its funds to each room or not, but it couldn't hurt to open a charity thread in the community forums to make a little extra gold to spend on art and prizes.

When or if I open a charity thread, I will post the link here. Please come out and support us!

Theball supplies funds to all rooms for the contests. We have plenty to easily have great prizes.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Epcot Illuminations
GreenInkling
IMPORTANT

Theball supplies funds to all rooms for the contests. We have plenty to easily have great prizes.

Good!

Okay, then. Right now I'm brainstorming games and contests. c:

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:42 pm
Contest Ideas

I think we should have:

1. an art contest:
draw and enter a specified theme, object, or character; entries will be judged either by vote or by the hosts on creativity, originality, content, skill, color, and overall aesthetic appeal

2. a tektek contest

3. a raffle game:
ball-goers can buy raffle tickets and on the last day of the ball, we will draw random numbers to see who wins a prize

4. a random number game

5. an "I spy" game:
We can hide little icons and pictures throughout the role-playing thread at random times; whoever is the first to quote the post with the icon or picture wins a little prize

Also,
prizes for the best-dressed ball-goer, most active role-player, most helpful, etc. To be given away at the end of the Ball.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:43 pm
Khrysothemis is going to open a fund-raising thread because Green wants to go ahead and commission a graphic artist to design a layout for The Celebration Room.

Any help about items to sell and setting up shop would be greatly appreciated.

Khrysothemis

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:38 pm
GreenInkling
Contest Ideas

I think we should have:

1. an art contest:
draw and enter a specified theme, object, or character; entries will be judged either by vote or by the hosts on creativity, originality, content, skill, color, and overall aesthetic appeal

2. a tektek contest

3. a raffle game:
ball-goers can buy raffle tickets and on the last day of the ball, we will draw random numbers to see who wins a prize

4. a random number game

5. an "I spy" game:
We can hide little icons and pictures throughout the role-playing thread at random times; whoever is the first to quote the post with the icon or picture wins a little prize

Also,
prizes for the best-dressed ball-goer, most active role-player, most helpful, etc. To be given away at the end of the Ball.
"All cartoon characters and fables must be exaggeration, caricatures. It is the very nature of fantasy and fable. "-Walt Disney

A tektek contest is a must as it is required by the ball. I also say we should have the "first poster on every 50th page gets x amount of gold"

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:40 pm
Epcot Illuminations
GreenInkling
Contest Ideas

I think we should have:

1. an art contest:

2. a tektek contest

3. a raffle game:

4. a random number game

5. an "I spy" game:

Also,
"All cartoon characters and fables must be exaggeration, caricatures. It is the very nature of fantasy and fable. "-Walt Disney

A tektek contest is a must as it is required by the ball. I also say we should have the "first poster on every 50th page gets x amount of gold"

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

How about smaller sums for shorter intervals? So, for example,

1st poster on every 10 pages gets 250g
1st poster on every 50 pages gets 1,000g
1st poster on every 250 pages gets 3,000g

etc.

Do you think we would get up to 250 pages? If we don't, we can donate that extra gold (and whatever else is left over) back to the 9th Annual Ball.

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

Khrysothemis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:42 am
I'm organizing a shop in the Gaia Exchange in order to raise some extra funds. I'd like to go ahead and commission a layout.

Please consider donating and/or bumping.

The Golden Customer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:01 pm
GreenInkling
Epcot Illuminations
GreenInkling
Contest Ideas

I think we should have:

1. an art contest:

2. a tektek contest

3. a raffle game:

4. a random number game

5. an "I spy" game:

Also,

How about smaller sums for shorter intervals? So, for example,

1st poster on every 10 pages gets 250g
1st poster on every 50 pages gets 1,000g
1st poster on every 250 pages gets 3,000g

etc.

Do you think we would get up to 250 pages? If we don't, we can donate that extra gold (and whatever else is left over) back to the 9th Annual Ball.

It will. Plus 1k for the first person on every 50th page should easily be fine. My first year I was in the ball, the room i co-hosted we did this and it got people to actually post real stuff. Rules are, you may not spam to get to that page. If your the first poster on that page but that post was spam, then the winner goes to the first non-spam poster on that page.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:08 pm
Excellent point, Epcot. So it's settled. We'll do it that way.

Also, I'm opening a little item shop to sell off some unwanted items to fund our room; if you have any unwanted items you'd like to donate, please send a trade to the room's mule, Khrysothemis.

Did you subscribe to the Khrysothemis's The Golden Customer thread?

Room Planning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff