Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Fluffy Before and After Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:15 pm
Gho the Girl
Recursive Paradox

Gho the Girl
Just my two cents here: Sometimes, y'alls stuff can sound so scary *cowers in corner with flashlight*

Here's hoping that flashlight doesn't have a Fear Essence in it, right? XD
*sniffle sniffle* you're not helping *pouty face*

*hugs comfortingly* XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:57 pm
TeaDidikai
Aino Ailill
and in part due to a revulsion of the self-flogging and subservience that was considered proper in my neck of the woods.
What denomination?

I'm fairly certain that it was Southern Baptist.  

Aino Ailill

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:24 pm
Aino Ailill
I'm fairly certain that it was Southern Baptist.
Ah. Likely regional. Self-flagellation isn't really common amongst the Southern Baptists I know.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:22 pm
Recursive Paradox

erinnightwalker

I'm not sure if it was attached or even if it was real. She mentioned it kept threatening to swap necklaces so he could watch her dress. Idk, and truly don't want to know. Now she does make a difference between the two and apparently the spirit formerly known as Anubis has gone poof. So all's well that ends well? xd

That's a pervy necklace spirit/thoughtform.

Apparently said necklace has gone poof. I'm not sure if necklace spirit is the same as the spirit my ex-friend channeled over a phone or not (my god, I just realized how close I came to thinking that person was so effing great occultly.... gonk gonk been reading over her old posts on a guild I know about and.... sweatdrop )  

erinnightwalker

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:00 am
erinnightwalker
Recursive Paradox

erinnightwalker

I'm not sure if it was attached or even if it was real. She mentioned it kept threatening to swap necklaces so he could watch her dress. Idk, and truly don't want to know. Now she does make a difference between the two and apparently the spirit formerly known as Anubis has gone poof. So all's well that ends well? xd

That's a pervy necklace spirit/thoughtform.

Apparently said necklace has gone poof. I'm not sure if necklace spirit is the same as the spirit my ex-friend channeled over a phone or not (my god, I just realized how close I came to thinking that person was so effing great occultly.... gonk gonk been reading over her old posts on a guild I know about and.... sweatdrop )

Sounds like a lot of Mr. Darkage.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:33 am
erinnightwalker
my god, I just realized how close I came to thinking that person was so effing great occultly.... gonk gonk been reading over her old posts on a guild I know about and.... sweatdrop )

Is the "Worst Things You Can Say as a Pagan" thread going to get a jolt of quotes?  

TeaDidikai

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:52 am
TeaDidikai
erinnightwalker
my god, I just realized how close I came to thinking that person was so effing great occultly.... gonk gonk been reading over her old posts on a guild I know about and.... sweatdrop )

Is the "Worst Things You Can Say as a Pagan" thread going to get a jolt of quotes?

If you want them. I could point you at the guild (dead now), or share some of the realtime quotes (they call it Wicca, I call it eclectic). I must admit though, I am partly to blame.... In my misguided youth, I lent her a copy of Teen Witch by Ravenwolf gonk

I never knew she had ancient family wards across her bedroom doorway though. They never did keep her sister out.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:24 am
erinnightwalker
TeaDidikai
erinnightwalker

If you want them. I could point you at the guild (dead now), or share some of the realtime quotes (they call it Wicca, I call it eclectic). I must admit though, I am partly to blame.... In my misguided youth, I lent her a copy of Teen Witch by Ravenwolf gonk

I never knew she had ancient family wards across her bedroom doorway though. They never did keep her sister out.
Sounds amusing if nothing else.  

TeaDidikai

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 am
erinnightwalker

With my little sister, locks couldn't keep her out. I doubt that ancient family wards would, either.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:04 pm
TeaDidikai
erinnightwalker
TeaDidikai
erinnightwalker

Sounds amusing if nothing else.

When I'm back at my computer I'll see if I can dig them out. Currently updating my mom's desktop while my SO trades on my laptop.  

erinnightwalker

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:25 pm
I have to ask a quick question, is it Mr. Darking or Fluffy at all to stand in the middle of a circle of meaningless nonsense wearing a fake mustache and long flowing crimson robes and laughing maniacally whilst twirling aforementioned mustache?

Just...you know...for future reference. ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:58 am
I just went back and looked into my soul journal entries here on Gaia.

Oh god, maybe I was a bit more fluffy than I thought.

It's gone now, because I couldn't bear the horror. gonk  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Azaveil

8,050 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:17 am
When I was in middle and high school I was into Wicca because I finally found something that seemed to fit how I thought... but I have issues with rituals... and maintaining them... so I continued searching.
Basically I consider myself merely "Spiritual" not "Religious"... I relate "religious" to "routine" and "ritual" but I consider "spiritual" to equal "belief". You don't need a church or ritual to prove it to anyone, because you know what you believe in and that's that. You don't feel the need to follow a specific faith just to be part of a crowd. You're one with the higher powers in your own soul and that's how it should people. I mean, seriously, how many people these days just go to church or perform rituals as just routine and never think about what they really believe in.
Lately I found a book about "Celtic Druidess" that really related to me, but that doesn't mean I have to start following their rituals and what-not. Even the book says you can be solo... it's more of a spiritual journey for yourself, not to prove anything to anyone else or even yourself. If you feel that power in your heart, then you're there. Not many people are that lucky and keep bouncing from faith to faith trying to find one that fits just them. Basically, you need to create your own faith based on what you truly feel. Sure it helps to explore other faiths. Like I said, I've collected a bit of stuff from various religions and faiths. It's like my soul is a mosaic of different belief systems... not just one single piece. It's not our place to judge how people go about that search and whether they are right or wrong. Everybody has to find their own spirituality... in whatever form it may be.
(FYI, I wrote an article on this on a Freelance site for anyone who's interested. Developing your own belief system...)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:15 am
Azaveil

Basically I consider myself merely "Spiritual" not "Religious"... I relate "religious" to "routine" and "ritual" but I consider "spiritual" to equal "belief".
So... willful ignorance of words you dislike is...?

Quote:
You don't need a church or ritual to prove it to anyone, because you know what you believe in and that's that.
Of course, not all practices are centered around belief. Not all practices can be done alone. And then of course there are the numerous benefits of working with others- such as access to different understandings, or hell, even better understandings than your own.

Quote:
You don't feel the need to follow a specific faith just to be part of a crowd.
Of course, there are also benefits of working with a group spiritually- such as support, means to confirm UPG, shared spiritual experiences and validation- all that jazz.

Quote:
You're one with the higher powers in your own soul and that's how it should people.
******** THAT s**t. My tradition prohibits invocation.

You realize that projecting your expectations of "should" through ignorance onto others is highly arrogant, ya?

Quote:
I mean, seriously, how many people these days just go to church or perform rituals as just routine and never think about what they really believe in.
Likely very few.
Quote:

Lately I found a book about "Celtic Druidess" that really related to me,
There are no more druids and to bastardize another culture in order to turn a profit is pretty immoral.
Quote:

Basically, you need to create your own faith based on what you truly feel.

My tradition isn't about how I feel. My tradition is about the relationships between my gods and I.

There are times when my gods couldn't give a flying grasshopper's a** about how I feel. Most of the time it's this way.

Quote:
Like I said, I've collected a bit of stuff from various religions and faiths.
Did you do it ethically? Did you explore the potential for privilege based cultural appropriation?

Quote:
It's not our place to judge how people go about that search and whether they are right or wrong.
Does this mean you support the Frostian Initiation rituals for minors?
Quote:
(FYI, I wrote an article on this on a Freelance site for anyone who's interested. Developing your own belief system...)
Cool. Let's examine it.

I'll set up a new thread for it.  

TeaDidikai

Ultramarine Violet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:41 pm
When I first realized that Wicca existed, I was a massive fluff. It's appalling to think about, really. I had such contempt for Christianity and Christians that I was just... unstoppable. And a dirty b***h, as well. Eugh. That lasted for about a year and a half.

I soon discovered that I was a complete idiot, though, and turned to books. Books are always right... right? The most that can be said for this stage is that I never resorted to "Mama Silver." *shudder* Also, I managed to survive Cunningham's herbal without killing anybody or doing anything TOO massively stupid.

I actually did that for about six years, all the while patting myself on the back for de-fluffing, until about this past fall, when it was pointed out to me exactly what Wicca is. At first, I was... upset, and kind of in denial. Suffered a wee crisis of faith, and then set about Seeking. Imagine, then, how pleasantly surprised I was to find a Teacher inside a couple of months. A great Teacher, who encourages many different courses of study as paths to deity! I'm having my first Reiki attunement this weekend, and am a wee bit into the 101.

Yee! A happy ending, after all.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces