Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The semantics of Paganism Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Collowrath

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:25 am
Bastemhet
TeaDidikai
Bastemhet

How is moral relativism self-defeating? Sorry if it's been covered, I have been following the thread but sometimes the infodump is hard to keep solidified in my mind.
Basically any way you phrase Relativism generates a state where for it to be relative, it has to be equally valid and correct- which of course creates a hole you can drive a Mac Truck through when I point out that relativism isn't true for me. wink

Ah, ok. That makes sense, thanks.

Not to mention that the stance itself is making an objective claim about the nature of other stances, eg, that non-relativist stances are wrong, which is something that it fundamentally disarms itself from doing.

Really, Moral Relativism is the swiss cheese of moral theories.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:31 am
Collowrath

But... the holes in it are larger than most cheese wheels, thus creating a non-existence paradox! gonk  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:36 am
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

But... the holes in it are larger than most cheese wheels, thus creating a non-existence paradox! gonk

D=

Let's see them try THAT on for size.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:45 pm
Synnthetika
Ishtar Shakti
maenad nuri
If you think this is group think rather than people being honestly appalled at what you are saying and the positions you take, then the door is that way and you should watch that it doesn't hit you on the way out.

On the other hand, you could recognize that you are actually getting people who get into bitter arguments with each other together and digest what they are saying.

I don't think a person who is appalled by something would make jokes about it.

From my perspective, after reading part of this thread, the jokes were made more about the incredulity with which you continue to defend your claim. So, I would think you should be less offended that the jokes were related to rape and more offended that they were more directed at you and your lack of critical thinking.

Also, group think or not, spiritually attacking someone is horrifying. How can you sleep at night? That's like casually remarking on how you stand in the line at the grocery store and whenever someone cuts in front of you, you stab them. I mean, it might only be a 3" knife, you know, they'll heal. They're all good, right? You know, that b***h should've gotten out of your way. Besides, we all want to not judge, and be open-minded which totally means us all accepting that it's your right to stab a b***h in the grocery store who's in your way!

NOT.

... Did anyone attempt to inquire as to why I attacked anyone? No. Did anyone attempt to gain clarification. No.

Do you want Details? Probably not.

You don't Actually care
You don't have a clue as to what I'm talking about or what level of "attack" I'm referencing or my reasoning or anything.

Also you seem to think I altered their person when for the most part I've had people try to possess me (and when I say people I also reference spirits) and I take away their access to power. I Don't like people trying to possess me. I don't like people invading my personal space and my gut reaction is to do unto them as they would have tried to do unto me.

Some b***h in the grocery store pulls a knife on me my gut reaction is to send that b***h to jail and rob her of her freedom. Its much like putting a person in a strangle hold until they promise to behave. People shouldn't ******** with me. I am capable of terrible things whether I actually do them is another thing. You are also capable of terrible things... what is your gut reaction to people trying to steal from you? What is your gut reaction to energy vampires?

Do you sit there and take it? Do you let them just sap at your energy or do you give them a good old slap and tell them to get the ******** off you.

I sleep just fine because I don't let things affect me.  

Ishtar Shakti

Synnthetika

5,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:14 pm
Ishtar Shakti
Synnthetika
Ishtar Shakti
maenad nuri
If you think this is group think rather than people being honestly appalled at what you are saying and the positions you take, then the door is that way and you should watch that it doesn't hit you on the way out.

On the other hand, you could recognize that you are actually getting people who get into bitter arguments with each other together and digest what they are saying.

I don't think a person who is appalled by something would make jokes about it.

From my perspective, after reading part of this thread, the jokes were made more about the incredulity with which you continue to defend your claim. So, I would think you should be less offended that the jokes were related to rape and more offended that they were more directed at you and your lack of critical thinking.

Also, group think or not, spiritually attacking someone is horrifying. How can you sleep at night? That's like casually remarking on how you stand in the line at the grocery store and whenever someone cuts in front of you, you stab them. I mean, it might only be a 3" knife, you know, they'll heal. They're all good, right? You know, that b***h should've gotten out of your way. Besides, we all want to not judge, and be open-minded which totally means us all accepting that it's your right to stab a b***h in the grocery store who's in your way!

NOT.

... Did anyone attempt to inquire as to why I attacked anyone? No. Did anyone attempt to gain clarification. No.

Do you want Details? Probably not.

You don't Actually care
You don't have a clue as to what I'm talking about or what level of "attack" I'm referencing or my reasoning or anything.

Also you seem to think I altered their person when for the most part I've had people try to possess me (and when I say people I also reference spirits) and I take away their access to power. I Don't like people trying to possess me. I don't like people invading my personal space and my gut reaction is to do unto them as they would have tried to do unto me.

Some b***h in the grocery store pulls a knife on me my gut reaction is to send that b***h to jail and rob her of her freedom. Its much like putting a person in a strangle hold until they promise to behave. People shouldn't ******** with me. I am capable of terrible things whether I actually do them is another thing. You are also capable of terrible things... what is your gut reaction to people trying to steal from you? What is your gut reaction to energy vampires?

Do you sit there and take it? Do you let them just sap at your energy or do you give them a good old slap and tell them to get the ******** off you.

I sleep just fine because I don't let things affect me.

If there is an energy vampire attacking me I would tell them to ******** off and then I would leave. I have a car, I have legs. Just walk away.

Your actions remain unjustified.

Also, if someone in a grocery store pulled a knife on me, I'd get the hell away and scream for help.. because we're in a grocery store.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:25 pm
I read what seems to be a shitload of back peddling and revisionism in order to attempt to justify spiritual rape.  

TeaDidikai

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:48 pm
TeaDidikai
I read what seems to be a shitload of back peddling and revisionism in order to attempt to justify spiritual rape.
Also internet tough bullshit and some Mr Darks.

All in all a pathetic attempt to save face after they revealed themselves for what they are.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:06 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai

All in all a pathetic attempt to save face after they revealed themselves for what they are.
That was pretty much my impression, yeah.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:51 am
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai

That was pretty much my impression, yeah.

That and a s**t load of ironic persecution complex.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:54 am
Recursive Paradox
That much I can understand. What do you expect from someone who gets caught and suddenly realizes their actions aren't okay with everyone else- of course she's going to feel persecuted. But then, my rapist felt the same way when he was facing the group of Asatru who came to help me flee.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:01 am
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
That much I can understand. What do you expect from someone who gets caught and suddenly realizes their actions aren't okay with everyone else- of course she's going to feel persecuted. But then, my rapist felt the same way when he was facing the group of Asatru who came to help me flee.

True enough. My rapist abusive ex felt fairly persecuted when so many of our mutual friends cut ties and rallied around me.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:56 pm
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
I know they probably didn't, but I hope he at least thought he was going to die painfully.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:57 pm
Recursive Paradox
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox

True enough. My rapist abusive ex felt fairly persecuted when so many of our mutual friends cut ties and rallied around me.
They once accused Vinnie of being you because he criticised them on their bullshit.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:29 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
I know they probably didn't, but I hope he at least thought he was going to die painfully.
He forgot that my foster father was a big fan of replacing ideals about swords and shields found in the Havamal with "firearm".

He threatened to break down the door one day and found himself looking down a barrel.
It's s**t like this that makes me nod in agreement with the right to arms.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:29 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Recursive Paradox
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox

They once accused Vinnie of being you because he criticised them on their bullshit.

Yeah, I heard about that. They have an awful lot of bullshit to criticize.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff