Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Vampires, werewolves, and Otherkin, oh my! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Free gold is free.
  +1
View Results

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:28 am
lioness of midnight
Albert Fisher, Ed Gein, Jeffrey Dahmer, Andrei Chikatilo
Four, out of a hundred and fifty or so I am familiar with.

Also, I find it interesting where you suggest there is some kind of psychological craving, something that was never mentioned in Albert Fish's trial.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:31 am
I will not retract most just b/c I only have posted four so far. I am positive theres more than that, I just haven't found them yet. There's serial killers around the world.  

Shadow Queen79

Shadow Queen79

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:33 am
and you all obviously don't know a lot about serial killers when you knew of only one cannibal to begin with. So just doing a quick skim through wikipedia isn't going to make me retract a statement.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:35 am
lioness of midnight
I will not retract most just b/c I only have posted four so far. I am positive theres more than that, I just haven't found them yet. There's serial killers around the world.

I'm familiar with about six serial killers who engaged in cannibalism- from a study that had about a hundred and fifty different serial killers from around the world.  

TeaDidikai

Shadow Queen79

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:37 am
Byaggha
lioness of midnight
http://serialkillercalendar.com/cannibals.html

It at least proves there is more than just one.
Which wasn't your claim.

Your claim was 'most', and I'm looking at a list of serial killers by country on Wikipedia right now - four vs that list is a painfully small number of cannibals, not 'most' by a landslide.

Please retract the claim. 3nodding

actually I said quite a few are.  
lioness of midnight
and you all obviously don't know a lot about serial killers when you knew of only one cannibal to begin with. So just doing a quick skim through wikipedia isn't going to make me retract a statement.
Alright, how about using the site you gave me then? How many serial killers are listed there? And four they call cannibals?

Your numbers don't stand up. Sorry.

Even if I just use Wiki, actually, the list is well over 100 around the world, with still a very limited number of cannibals listed. And all of the pages are sourced, because serial killings are extremely high profile and people are very interested in them.

Me being able to think of 25% of your list of four offhand wasn't bad, either. And I only knew two of the four listed, because I've not really gone looking for cannibal killer stories outside fiction. They don't interest me overmuch.  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

TeaDidikai

lioness of midnight
rolleyes What you're failing to grasp is that your claim, which centered on a psychological drive to consume human flesh is only in one case I am familiar with.

If you had simply said "people who eat people", that would be different. I can think of six. One of whom had no such drive discussed at his trial or in any other documents, two of whom did it for survival reasons, or such was offered at their trial at least.

The other three I am less familiar with.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:39 am
In which case, I retract my claim you said 'most'.

But still want to know where the idea of 'quite a few' comes from, given the small numbers.  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:40 am
Byaggha
They don't interest me overmuch.
I started reading about them when I found out Blue Rose Torn was interested in them myself.

For the most part I dislike reading about them. Don't find it interesting and I don't have the taste for the stuff some do.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff