Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Silver RavenWolf? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

StrawberryGumiho

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:03 pm
Chaiyo Dekana
[Bavi]
Keistera
I have yet to read any of her books, and I can't actually enter the New Age/Wicca and Paganism section of the local bookstore without running away with a hand over my mouth. Seriously.

I'll have to take one out of the library so I can rip it apart. O.o
Eh? They're just going to make you pay for it, ya know.
Could be worth it.

One less copy to be floating around.

... I get copies of llewellyn books I find out of thrift shops, used book stores, yardsales and from people I meet. Use them at bon fires.

I might not be able to take them off the store shelves, but I can help keep the ones already purchased from circulating.... whee xd

I also will snag copies of books that I have and recommend and give those away or loan them out as needed.  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:06 pm
bobz

I don't care if a book is full to the brim of lies and misinformation, it's still a book! There's a simple solution to ravenwolf, and indeed to any book you truly find objectionable.
it comes in a printer and photocopier, and if you feel REALLY fancy (and in my eyes still a bit rude) some paste.
You write a simple essay, one page.
Explaining and referencing ravenwolfs own (glaring) logical fallicies, and paste it in the end of the book, with a little bibliography on books a beginner SHOULD read. (maybe one or two source texts but not enough that they'd get bogged down too early).

That way the moment they pick up THAT ravingwolf book they get happily hooked, get to the end (or even the middle, pop it into a page that you know someone will skip to) and while their opinion of the author is still pretty formed and fresh.... they get it blasted, take a good look at what they've been reading again, and go off to read proper books.
Maybe the book will even make it back to the library shelf with the essay intact and save another.

Nuri, you can blame him for the local libraries that are going to have books show up with an extra page....

I like this idea... A lot...  

StrawberryGumiho

StrawberryGumiho

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:11 pm
XxGothicKittiexX
evil I dont care what anyone says about her she's still my favorite wiccan author. So she doesn't always say what you want her to oh well. Your not discrediting all the other people who actually make up every word they write....so if you don't like her don't buy her stuff. BYE! evil

Yes we do... D.J. Conway, Fionna Horne, ect. They're just as bad...

And newsflash... SHE makes up what she writes. Not just other authors, your reading a book on fantasy religion.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff