Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Harry Potter Guild of Gaia
The Hogwarts Monthly! May Issue 2015 [OPEN READ ME] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you ready for the new issue !?
  Yes!!
  I didn't know we had a paper.
  Can I please be a writer !?
View Results

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:21 am

╰☆╮╰☆╮╰☆╮╰☆╮╰☆╮╰☆╮╰☆╮╰☆╮╰☆╮

Around Hogwarts

In news around the HPGoG, The Mod Squad is looking for ideas about the Summer Event. Icee wants it to have a recruiting theme (that may last all summer). And as you just read, if each House earns 1000 Points this term, she will make sure that this Event is “EPIC”. As you have probably noticed, we have lost several active member of the HPGoG. This is an unfortunate lose to everyone here. However, we cannot dwell on it, we must move forward. So, if you have any ideas about this Event please stop by the S.F.Q. and at our newest thread about how to make HPGoG even better. Put your input in the guild poll thread.

Classes! Classes are at there halfway point. Make sure to turn in all of your Homework as well as any Classwork (You don’t want to lose Points for you House do you? I thought not. wink ). The Dueling Club is up and running. Thanks to Ann (Miss Love Tantei) and James (techpriest). Stop by and take a guess at one of the questions asked. Remember to brush up on the Rules; there is a Rule that has been reinforced this term, so read those Rules carefully before you answer. Also remember to, HAVE FUN! That’s what the Dueling Club is supposed to be about. Also, House-Elfs can answer as well, you just can’t earn any points. The Dueling Club is for everyone here at the HPGoG.

In the Discussion Forum, there are several discussions going on. One being about the Hogwarts Monthly and something we would like to do in it. Check it out and give us your opinion! You can find a link to that discussion Here!

In other news, the wands are in in at the Walloping Wand Shop. If you ordered a wand stop by and pick up you wand. Also, Stardust Muse has temporarily closed down her Hogwarts ID Shop. However, while she is away, Ann (Miss Love Tantei) has re-opened her Hogwarts ID Shop. If you have ordered an ID and would like it before Stardust Muse can return, check out Ann’s (Miss Love Tantei) Hogwarts ID shop.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:22 am

Just for Fun

Trivia from Prisoner of Azkaban, Book 3:
1. What is the name of Aunt Marge’s favorite dog?
2. What did Hermione give Harry for his birthday?
3. Page 12 of the “Handbook of Do-It-Yourself Broomcare” is about what?
4. How many galleons did Arthur Weasley win in the Daily Prophet raffle?
5. When Harry left the Dursleys after he used underage magic on Aunt Marge, what street did he stop at and collapse on a low wall?
6. What is the name of the conductor on the Knight Bus?
7. When Stan Shunpike asks for Harry’s name on the Knight Bus, what name does Harry give him?
8. What room number is Harry put in by Tom to stay in at The Leaky Cauldron?
9. What is at the core of Ron’s new wand?
10. Where did Hermione buy Crookshanks?
11. What do Mr. & Mrs. Weasley think that Sirius Black is originally after?
12. While staying at The Leaky Cauldron, what did Fred and George change Percy’s Prefects’ badge to say?
13. What happens to Harry’s Nimbus 2000?
14. What does Ron give Harry for Christmas?
15. How does Sirius Black know the password for the Gryffindor common room?
16. When battling the Boggart in DADA, what form does it take against Dean Thomas?
17. Against whom does it take the form of a mummy?
18. Why does Lupin not let Harry face the boggart?
19. What did Professor Lupin give to Harry after her was attacked by the dememtor on the Express?
20. Professor Trelawney tells the class in their first meeting that they will lose someone forever, who does it turn out to be?
21. What does Harry’s first Divination tea leaf cup reading show?
22. After Gryffindor won the Quiddich Cup who did Hagrid say he was going to tell?
23. What does Harry’s Patronus take the shape of?
24. Who was Lily and James Potter’s secret keeper?

A look at the movie:
Sometime its fun to find the mistakes that happen in these things! Take a look at the list viewers have collected since the movie came out!
Mistakes

Trivia Quiz
For those people that constantly read the harry potter books, here are some Prisoner of Azkaban quizzes to try!
Easy: Easy Quiz
A slightly harder quiz: Harder Quiz

Here is a PoA themed cryptogram. Try to find the secret phrase! User Image

And finally, look at this picture
User Image
Do you see Harry Potter? Now look at this
User Image
Wait, why does Harry look like Einstein?

Answers for last month's trivia:
1. Professor Binns
2. Fred turned Ron’s teddy bear into a spider when Ron was young.
3. 4
4. Colin Creevey, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Hermione Granger, and Penelope Clearwater.
5. It bursts into flame
6. Mandrakes
7. Ordinary Wizarding Levels
8. Magical Me
9. De-gnoming the garden
10. Moaning Myrtle
11. Slugs
12. 50 years ago

Lyra Elizabeth, Kaylin Felle (Kstar13), and Tina Aurora (Avatar34)

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:44 am

Wizard/Witch of the Month

This month's honor as Witch of the Month goes to DownAzzLette!!
DownAzzLette, known by most as Kamalia, is from the Slytherin House. She is the current Deputy Head of Slytherin and recently won the Top Poster Award for Slytherin. She helps out with the Monthly, chats it up in her Common room, and is very lively in many discussions. You'll always find Kamalia in Guilds events and helping out all over. She is a very kind-hearted person, and if you don't know DownAzzLette, then after reading my interview with her, I'm sure you'll want to meet her! It just goes to show that DownAzzLette is a proven capable member of this guild.

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ DownAzzLette
User Image

Q: Have you read all the HP books? How many times?
A: Yes, I have read all of the Harry Potter series. I have read each one at least 3 or 4 times.

Q: Which is your favorite?
A: Out of all of them i have to say that Gof and HBP are my favorite.

Q: Have you seen any of the movies based on the books, if so which ones? Name your favorite!
A: I have seen all of them. I actually own all of them. My favorite would have to be GoF.

Q: What is your favorite book or author? Besides Harry/J.K.?

A: Wow that's a hard question since i own over 3000+ books but, I'd have to say my favorite book would have to be The Last Vampire series by Christopher pike. But my favorite author beside J.K.R. is Billie Sue Mosiman.

Q: Do you have a favorite character from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter books? Who is it? (it's fine if you have more than one, I know I do)
A: -blush- Yes i do. It's the Weasley twins. I love the fact that they know all these pranks but yet knows when to be serious when the time calls for it.

Q: What are your other interests/hobbies?
A: Quite a few actually. But my main ones are Reading, Cooking (potions included), spending time with my Family & Friends, and Swimming.

Q: How did you find out about Gaia?
A: I found out about Gaia from on of my Best Friends. He showed me what a great site this is.

Q: What's your favorite thing to do on Gaia? Outside of Gaia?
A: I'd have to say RPing in this Guild and zOMG.

Q: Are you in any other guilds? Are you as active in those?

A: I'm in a few but no I'm not nearly as active in them as I am in here.

Q: How often would you say you are on Gaia? In HPGoG?

A: For a few hours if i can. In HPGoG it's about the same amount.

Q: Was there anything (before you returned) that you missed about HPGoG? If so, what?

A: Yes! I missed my friends in here.

Q: Was Slytherin your first choice for House? Why or why not?

A: Yes it was. The reason why is because, it is the house I feel I belong to the most.

Q: I've checked and it seems you joined the guild Saturday, Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:51 pm. As one of the most active members, what do you think of HPGoG being what it is today?
A: I think it's great. The guild has come along way.

Q: What do you like most about HPGoG? Is there anything in particular you're looking forward to (in HPGoG)?

A: I'd have to say the classes and members. I look forward to seeing how far we will go in the future.

Q: You recently won Top Poster for Slytherin!? How does that feel?

A: Yes, I did and it actually felt wonderful.

Q: Lastly, is there anything else you want to tell the members of the guild? Tell them something, anything!

A: Just Thank You for being so great, allowing me to broaden myself, and to keep up the wonderful work.

b e a r - c h o o (Rayne)

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:45 am

Note from the Editor

As you may or may have not noticed, I am the new Editor in Chief of the Hogwarts Monthly.
Lyra Elizabeth is the new Co-Editor of the Hogwarts Monthly, as well.

I would like to thank everyone who wrote for the Hogwarts Monthly this month. This includes Kamalia (DownAzzLette), Megan (Grey Gardens), Rayne (b e a r - c h o o), Alutian, Alicia the Head Elf (IceeWitch), and Kaylin (kstar13), and Lana (The Queen Lana). Thank you so much for taking the time to write for the Hogwarts Monthly this month.

I would also like to say that if you are interested in writing for the Monthly or have an idea for a new article, please stop by the Editors Office and read the first page of the thread and post. Lyra and I will almost always say yes to a new idea.

Thanks Again,
Tina Aurora (Editor and Chief)

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:40 am

Hogwarts Monthly Staff

Lyra Elizabeth (Co-Editor)
IceeWitch
kstar13
The Queen Lana

Want to work on the next issue or comment on the paper?
Get in here!

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:41 am

Blank

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:42 am

Blank