Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Vampires Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:41 am
I went back and re-read what Tea initially said to you red. She didn't say you were delusional, but asked if you ever considered that you might be, that the experiences you had need to be examined further.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:11 pm
Once and for all, I'm not stating you are delusional Red. I know that you have some personal delusions when it comes to persecution- this thread has demonstrated as much.

My proof for this is the definition of delusion:
Merriam Webster: Delusion
2 a : something that is falsely or delusively believed or propagated

Since you not only have the evidence of my own words in text, and the commentary of several others attesting to the fact that until now I have not stated you are delusional, yet you falsely believe that I stated otherwise, if nothing else, you're delusional about me previously calling you delusional.

Now, that said, what makes you think you haven't self-generated these understandings of vampires falsely?  

TeaDidikai

redtearsblackwings

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:11 am
maenad nuri
I went back and re-read what Tea initially said to you red. She didn't say you were delusional, but asked if you ever considered that you might be, that the experiences you had need to be examined further.

Um I think I would know what I've expearnced.
Can you people just accept something?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:15 am
Calixti
Aino Ailill
redtearsblackwings
Calixti
redtearsblackwings
I'm sick and tired of people saying that I have a complex, unless you a TRAINED DOCTORS I don't want to hear it. I refuse to have people tell me s**t like that and expect me to accept it, when I have no professonal resaon to believe it.
Don't you have something else better to do then to tell people that they have a complex? or put them down?
o hai i found ur persecution complex. mrgreen

Oh hi are you a traied psycologest?
No I didn't think so, so kindly shut the ******** up.
No doctor that I've seen has said that I have a complex so DON'T feed me you're bullshit cause you wanna feel better about your self.

It a term that is often used informally. Following the informal definition, you match it. You display the behavior of perceiving yourself to be persecuted, despite that it is not the case.
In this case, since I'm just dropping by between classes, I'm just going with 'what she said' in this case. biggrin

Well air head how about before you say something you read what I said first.
I don't understand why people don't READ everything that is said.
I.E. STOP SAYING I HAVE A COMPLEX  

redtearsblackwings

chaoticpuppet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:52 am
redtearsblackwings
I'm sick and tired of people saying that I have a complex, unless you a TRAINED DOCTORS I don't want to hear it. I refuse to have people tell me s**t like that and expect me to accept it, when I have no professonal resaon to believe it.

You do not need to have an M.D., D.O., Ph. D., or any other kind of doctorate degree to determine when someone else has a complex.

Quote:

Why, in all technicality, I actually am. At least by most of the United States of America's standards. All one needs is a B.S. or B.A. in Psychology. And I have a B.S. in both Neuroscience and Psychology.

A psychiatrist, on the other hand, is held to a different standard and often include having some kind of M.D., D.O. or some other medical degree in which one can take medical boards thereby allowing them to prescribe medication.

Quote:
No doctor that I've seen has said that I have a complex

Well, if you're seeing a psychologist, they do not need to have a medical degree, although a doctorate or master's in Clinical Psychology often helps - but, this is nowhere near the same as a medical degree.

Also, complexes are not necessarily something that needs to be diagnosed by any kind of medical practitioner and can actually be 'diagnosed', if you will, by the average populace.

Quote:
so DON'T feed me you're bullshit cause you wanna feel better about your self.

I have no need to feed you bullshit to feel good about myself seeing as I naturally feel good about myself.

Quote:

We do read what you're saying, actually. It's you who is mistaken over what you're meaning to say.

Quote:

Fine, you have a persecution delusion.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:11 am
redtearsblackwings
maenad nuri

You would most likely know what you perceived. That does not mean that it occurred in objective reality.

Quote:

On the basis of testimony alone and when the experience is outside of my understanding? I'm not speaking for the others, but for me, no.  

Aino Ailill

Calixti

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:49 pm
redtearsblackwings
Calixti
Aino Ailill
redtearsblackwings
Calixti
redtearsblackwings
Don't you have something else better to do then to tell people that they have a complex? or put them down?

No doctor that I've seen has said that I have a complex so DON'T feed me you're bullshit cause you wanna feel better about your self.

It a term that is often used informally. Following the informal definition, you match it. You display the behavior of perceiving yourself to be persecuted, despite that it is not the case.
In this case, since I'm just dropping by between classes, I'm just going with 'what she said' in this case. biggrin

I have been reading what you've been saying. You've been acting like an immature brat who thinks the world is out to get her and being asked questions is bullying. That's pretty much a textbook case of a persecution complex.

EDIT: Oh, and you've been flaming guild members left and right for daring to question you while telling them (us) to stop being so meeeeaaaaan.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:01 pm
Aino Ailill

You would most likely know what you perceived. That does not mean that it occurred in objective reality.
This is really the crux of the matter, in both regards to the unsubstantiated claim about what Red thinks vampires are as well as any comments about how delusional they are, which has been objectively determined.  

TeaDidikai

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:14 pm
redtearsblackwings
maenad nuri

I want you to take a good look at the responses you've been giving. Tea asked for you, more or less, explain your reasoning and experiences more.

Your response has been to flame and refuse to answer because we should just accept it. Which goes against our stated goals and intent of this guild.

You have been very lucky that I am the captain of this guild, because I am a kind and lenient person, and as much as it hurts to see you belittle and insult my friends, I don't think you are totally without hope. You've made good posts and contributions  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:14 pm
Okay, so after some minor derailing, I thought, hey, let's take a peak at biology:

What kind of biological implications for vampires could exist? AKA, is there a possibility that vampirism is not only based on several diseases but that they could have been a separate species?

Anthropologically, from what little I know, probably not a separate species. Disease and mutations? ....?

Porphyria is the first thing I found when looking up "vampire disease." So let's talk about that first:

According to MedLinePlus:
affects skin or nervous system (sunlight triggered rash and blisters in skin)
During an attack, muscle numbness, tingling, paralysis, cramping, and personality or mental changes.
One of the triggers is sunlight, but as varied things like certain medications, smoking, alcohol, infections can also cause attacks.

From what I can tell, basically, the gene doesn't have the correct number or correct type of enzymes to be produced for the production of heme. Because the porphyrins are the precursors to heme, they build up, because they aren't going through their metabolic pathways. They become toxic when they are built up. Now, not all flavors of Porphyia is the same, obviously. Depending on the deficient enzyme, you can have just neurological defects or just sun-sensitivity.

It is interesting to note that only one type is X-linked, while most are actually autosomal dominant. Also, half of these enzymes are located in the mitochondrion, the rest in the cytosol. Out of the, like, 8 different types of enzymes involved, only 1 presents both neurological and skin problems, the rest are either/or. Another interesting thing is that arsenic is considered a porphyria causing agent.

Now, from all this, what I don't get, is how all these biological factors translate into craving blood. For the skin-problems type of Prophyria, beta-carotene is actually one of the best treatments. The neurological disorder type is best treated with an enzyme-inhibitor called Panhematin, but there's been some research about glucose to ease symptoms.

But still: Why fangs? Why blood-drinking? Why feral?  

Synnthetika

5,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100

River_Moonwolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:10 pm
redtearsblackwings
Calixti
Aino Ailill
redtearsblackwings
Calixti
redtearsblackwings

Hi, not a trained psychologist either, just a guy who has a pretty good idea of the way people usually work smile For the record, I have read your posts, and I have a few comments on the recent ones. To get my credentials out in the open, I am a former filmmaker/scriptwriter, as well a writer of both fiction and non-fiction pieces. As such, I have a good idea of what words mean. I also have had the experience of having my own posts thoroughly dismantled here, so I can speak on that as well.

No, I will not diagnose you with a complex, although to be perfectly honest, with the responses you've been giving, I don't really need to. The main purpose of this guild is to critique, examine and where necessary, correct, the statements of others. This is not persecution. If it were, everyone who ever disagreed here would probably find themselves banned. This is not being mean, either. There are people here who take things VERY seriously : their beliefs, their cultures, and their professions. You have entered here, which means at some point you were told what this guild is about. Same for everyone here. Disagreeing, contrary to what you seem to believe, is not a hate crime. Grow up and deal with it, same as everyone else.

Chaoticpuppet is 100% right : you do NOT need ANY type of medical degree to tell if someone is obviously suffering from a complex. If I ran around saying I'm the Emperor of Earth, people would be quite justified in saying I'm delusional. Running around screaming that we're out to get you, well, if it walks, talks, and looks like a duck... And for the record, it IS possible to see several doctors and have them proved wrong. Doctors aren't perfect, either, and mistakes DO happen.

In short, and I'll try to be kind, either grow up or shut up. Don't expect everyone to automatically agree with you. Granted, people can sometimes be caustic, but hey, y'know what? Same out there in the real world, sometimes worse. I say stupid things all the time, and if I say them here, I get called on it. And if those people you've been flaming do the same, THEY get called on it too.

To everyone else, I apologize for furthering this. But after reading everyone's continued efforts to actually maintain an adult discussion, debate even, I felt beholden to add my two cents.

Rant over. We now return to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:39 am
chaoticpuppet
redtearsblackwings

You do not need to have an M.D., D.O., Ph. D., or any other kind of doctorate degree to determine when someone else has a complex.

Quote:

Why, in all technicality, I actually am. At least by most of the United States of America's standards. All one needs is a B.S. or B.A. in Psychology. And I have a B.S. in both Neuroscience and Psychology.

A psychiatrist, on the other hand, is held to a different standard and often include having some kind of M.D., D.O. or some other medical degree in which one can take medical boards thereby allowing them to prescribe medication.

Quote:
No doctor that I've seen has said that I have a complex

Well, if you're seeing a psychologist, they do not need to have a medical degree, although a doctorate or master's in Clinical Psychology often helps - but, this is nowhere near the same as a medical degree.

Also, complexes are not necessarily something that needs to be diagnosed by any kind of medical practitioner and can actually be 'diagnosed', if you will, by the average populace.

Quote:
so DON'T feed me you're bullshit cause you wanna feel better about your self.

I have no need to feed you bullshit to feel good about myself seeing as I naturally feel good about myself.

Quote:

We do read what you're saying, actually. It's you who is mistaken over what you're meaning to say.

Quote:

Fine, you have a persecution delusion.

I dont have a delusion or a complex, for you're smart a** information, I'm seeing both Psycollogest and Psycitrest. And NEITHER of them has said such a thing.
SO again SHUT THE ******** UP.  

redtearsblackwings

redtearsblackwings

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:45 am
maenad nuri
redtearsblackwings
maenad nuri

I want you to take a good look at the responses you've been giving. Tea asked for you, more or less, explain your reasoning and experiences more.

Your response has been to flame and refuse to answer because we should just accept it. Which goes against our stated goals and intent of this guild.

You have been very lucky that I am the captain of this guild, because I am a kind and lenient person, and as much as it hurts to see you belittle and insult my friends, I don't think you are totally without hope. You've made good posts and contributions

And how exactly would you prove an experance? Its not like I can show you a video of someone else draining my energy.
BTW I have been belittled as well. Haveing countless people tell me I have a complex or that I'm deulisonal when BOTH profisanalls that I see havn't said such a thing. BUT due to the fact that you are friends with them, you really don't care what they've done/said to me.
Its fine for you to back them up, but dont disregarde me jsut because they are you're friends.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:34 am
redtearsblackwings

BTW I have been belittled as well. Haveing countless people tell me I have a complex or that I'm deulisonal when BOTH profisanalls that I see havn't said such a thing. BUT due to the fact that you are friends with them, you really don't care what they've done/said to me.
Its fine for you to back them up, but dont disregarde me jsut because they are you're friends.

Bullcrap. Number one, I highly doubt that Nuri would consider me a friend, acquaintance perhaps, then again I could be wrong.

Regardless, you have NOT been called delusional that I can see even ONCE, and it's amazing to me how you can't see this simple bloody fact, I mean, honestly, I'm starting to wonder if you are and that's what's causing you to cling to the belief that everyone's saying you bloody are. As for having a complex, to be completely blunt, your attitude, your actions, and your demeanor in the guild has weighed heavy evidence in favor of it, and as such there is plenty of factual basis to come to the conclusion.

And, whilst I wouldn't say I know Nuri well, I'd like to think I know her well enough to stay as impartial as possible in such matters even when her friends are involved. But again, I could be entirely wrong, but secretly hope that I'm not. ninja

This whole mess started from you insisting that people were calling you delusional when they clearly were not, you drop that, and we don't have any real issue with that anymore. It is you who has dragged this out for so long by being so stubborn as to refuse the truth presented right infront of you so that you can continue in your little rant of indignation, and then to go so far as to call people "sluts" and gods know what else over it, it's pathetic, it's immature, and it's a crystal clear sign of a persecution complex.

In short, kindly get over yourself, ok? 3nodding

Edit: Wait, me telling someone to get over themselves won't have the same results as dividing by zero...will it? ninja  

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

redtearsblackwings

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:55 am
Cyrus the Elder
redtearsblackwings

Bullcrap. Number one, I highly doubt that Nuri would consider me a friend, acquaintance perhaps, then again I could be wrong.

Regardless, you have NOT been called delusional that I can see even ONCE, and it's amazing to me how you can't see this simple bloody fact, I mean, honestly, I'm starting to wonder if you are and that's what's causing you to cling to the belief that everyone's saying you bloody are. As for having a complex, to be completely blunt, your attitude, your actions, and your demeanor in the guild has weighed heavy evidence in favor of it, and as such there is plenty of factual basis to come to the conclusion.

And, whilst I wouldn't say I know Nuri well, I'd like to think I know her well enough to stay as impartial as possible in such matters even when her friends are involved. But again, I could be entirely wrong, but secretly hope that I'm not. ninja

This whole mess started from you insisting that people were calling you delusional when they clearly were not, you drop that, and we don't have any real issue with that anymore. It is you who has dragged this out for so long by being so stubborn as to refuse the truth presented right infront of you so that you can continue in your little rant of indignation, and then to go so far as to call people "sluts" and gods know what else over it, it's pathetic, it's immature, and it's a crystal clear sign of a persecution complex.

In short, kindly get over yourself, ok? 3nodding

Edit: Wait, me telling someone to get over themselves won't have the same results as dividing by zero...will it? ninja

Where did I call anyone a slut?
And I repeat I don't have a complex so STOP ******** SAYING IT.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff