Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Draconic Ritual Q&A ^.=.^ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:22 am
Molly Mollusca
Dori-Ryuu
well then. i guess that is that.

i dont need to prove my worth over a computer. I have my tradition, i know what i have. My wife knows what she has. My grandfather, knows. and those around me, who know me in person know.
You are not asked to prove your worth. You are asked to back up your claims. That is not the same thing. You can see that right? sweatdrop

Dori-Ryuu
. And im more then willing to post pictures of my own personal grimoire and show at least the runes i was taught and their meaning, bout as far as i would go seeing as it is in english, and my grandfathers grimoire is not.
In what language is the one of your grandfather?

Its in tagalog. And like i said, im more then willing to take pictures and post the runic symbols and descriptions of my path. which i dont believe is something i can make up in an hour. should prove im not a fake liar trying to prey on people >.^

edit: i may even be willing to post our ancestral ritual depending on if my wife thinks that a good idea or not.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:30 am
Dori-Ryuu
Its in tagalog. And like i said, im more then willing to take pictures and post the runic symbols and descriptions of my path. which i dont believe is something i can make up in an hour. should prove im not a fake liar trying to prey on people >.^

edit: i may even be willing to post our ancestral ritual depending on if my wife thinks that a good idea or not.
Interesting. That comes from the Philippines right?  

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:35 am
Molly Mollusca
Dori-Ryuu

Interesting. That comes from the Philippines right?

right. But the religion wasnt native to the philippines, from what i remember only about 5 or 7 generations it was brought there from one of the many invasion attempts on the islands. My last name is actually greek which alot of people find funny. My grandfather told me it came from northern europe and the middle east lebanon, sumer, mesopotamia

edit: ive actually met people from the islands who also practice a path almost identical to what my grandfather had taught me. with small differences because of the province  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:40 am
Dori-Ryuu
right. But the religion wasnt native to the philippines, from what i remember only about 5 or 7 generations it was brought there from one of the many invasion attempts on the islands. My last name is actually greek which alot of people find funny. My grandfather told me it came from northern europe and the middle east lebanon, sumer, mesopotamia
Have you done research to that claim? surprised  

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:43 am
Molly Mollusca
Dori-Ryuu
Have you done research to that claim? surprised

its hard to find any kind of written proof on the subject. And i have only had one person i know from the philippines that said it had come from sumerian belief. But i trust what my grandfather said, and there is proof in history books of the philippine invasions. Alot of civilizations tried to lay claim to it in the past.

edit: also my wife had told me that she knows a friend in germany that has a similar belief as well, same ritual format and alot of similar names.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:43 am
Dori-Ryuu
well at this point thats not something you can get

That would be because it doesn't exist, right?
I mean, come on.
Grandparent's grimoires?
Why the ******** can't you just own up and say it's personally revealed to you by your dragons. That's what gardner did, only with gods instead of dragons.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:44 am
CuAnnan
Dori-Ryuu
well at this point thats not something you can get

That would be because it doesn't exist, right?
I mean, come on.
Grandparent's grimoires?
Why the ******** can't you just own up and say it's personally revealed to you by your dragons. That's what gardner did, only with gods instead of dragons.

edit: lol actually ill answer you, no, that would be because it is 4 45am and my storage unit is closed.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:55 am
Is it written in Baybayan or Roman alphabet?
Since it's written in Tagalog, I can presume you're fluent?  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:57 am
CuAnnan
i know enough  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:58 am
Dori-Ryuu
My grandfather told me it came from northern europe and the middle east lebanon, sumer, mesopotamia
Well it could be very easy, did the Sumerians think of dragons as good creatures? Or the mesopotamians? Or did they in Northern europe? Do your practices and beliefs have any basis in reality and history?

Weren't you at all curious or did you just go "Oh my grandfather told me, so it must be true."  

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:59 am
Dori-Ryuu
CuAnnan
i know enough
sapat na ako ay maaaring makipag-usap sa iyo  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:01 am
Dori-Ryuu
Dori-Ryuu
CuAnnan
i know enough
sapat na ako ay maaaring makipag-usap sa iyo

Cruthóidh é díreach faic. Níol éinne ann chun é a cheart, fós, ach tá chairde agam, agus freiseann ag chuile dhuinne eile ann.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:04 am
In fact, there are some rather helpful people at tagalog-dictionary.com
I've dropped them a mail to ask if they'd be willing to verify your translations of said book. Should hear back from them tomorrow, considering the time difference.
This will prove most interesting.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:04 am
Molly Mollusca
Dori-Ryuu
My grandfather told me it came from northern europe and the middle east lebanon, sumer, mesopotamia
Well it could be very easy, did the Sumerians think of dragons as good creatures? Or the mesopotamians? Or did they in Northern europe? Do your practices and beliefs have any basis in reality and history?

Weren't you at all curious or did you just go "Oh my grandfather told me, so it must be true."

i growing up i pretty much just took what he said as stone written. When i got older i did get curious and looked around. There is alot of different views on various writings and stories. Like Fafnir. The big story on Fafnir was that he was a man who was consumed by his greed and transformed into a dragon who was later slain by sigurd. Tiamat in mesopotamia, slain by her offspring and her body was used to create the earth and blood the oceans. But as far as personality, a lot of what i read was close to what my grandfather said and that was that dragons have their own personalities. But there isnt a good or evil. there has to be evil to be good. Its a balance that keeps everything in check. Without one the other wont exist.  

X C L S I O R

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:06 am
CuAnnan
In fact, there are some rather helpful people at tagalog-dictionary.com
I've dropped them a mail to ask if they'd be willing to verify your translations of said book. Should hear back from them tomorrow, considering the time difference.
This will prove most interesting.

lol if you think id make it legible enough for you to translate your crazy. Why would i let you translate something i couldnt tell you if i liked you?.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff