Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Guild Archives
Theoretical question about the Emperor. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Emperor: Live, Die or Reincarnate?
Live
31%
 31%  [ 11 ]
Die
28%
 28%  [ 10 ]
Reincarnate
40%
 40%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 35

Alissindra

5,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:23 am
I have one thing to say about the fluff of 40k... sure its stagnant and sure its boring. But (taking plot twists into accounts) what if we did kill the Emperor and then one of the elaborate 'Emperor comes back' theories to start a second Great Crusade... They could keep all the same armies, all the same models, but atleast change the fluff a bit.

and maybe add some new ones (models).

what do you think?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:22 am
If the Imperium pushes others will fall, that much should be clear. GW is better off keeping their traps shut.

With the Armageddon campaign they promised with an Ork victory that Terra could be under threat from the greenskins. The Imperium barely won.

With the Eye of Terror campaign an Imperial victory would be seen as an incentive to reinstate the Astartes LEGIONS, but Cadia had fallen. Almost. Chaos had won but still Cadia stands. Why? Codex: Imperial Guard was released a scant few months after the campaign and plastic Cadians were the poster child for the book.

Medusa V promised a ******** of changes for the winners: Tau could get Warp travel, Nids could get new creatures, Necrons more power and so on. The Imperium won (IG 1st, SM 2nd) and so all those powerful promises were thrown out the window for the most part. Sure Nids got the Death Leaper as a special model in the current codex but beyond that? Ha, fat chance.

GW needs to stop trying to shake things up, it won't work like this. They need to do simpler scenarios like the good old Ichar V world-wide campaign, held ages before you lot were born. Or they should just be dicks about it and hold race specific campaigns or let races only fight in certain sectors.

As for the term "Great Crusade", it has never stopped. It is a great journey of conquest that has been underway for ten millennia now, that was how the Emperor envisioned it, as an everlasting war of conquest. (source: Angels of Darkness by Gav Thorpe)  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

BUGSY 1979

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:29 am
looted golden throne ftw  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:20 pm
The biggest problem with those campaigns though Brookman isn't so much GW's writing of the scenario's but rather the ratio of players. I've heard that 80% of North American players use Imperial Forces. Sure they no doubt have other armies as well but come every tournament, Imperial forces have a strong weight in the balance of power I find.

So think of it this way:

1. GW is clever in knowing this and promises those things "If" certain races win because they know they won't and thus save themselves time and money.
2. Gamers are shooting them selves in the foot for liking Imperial forces too much.

Granted there is also the fact that the Imperial Forces consist of:

Codex Space Marines
Codex Dark Angels
Codex Black Templar
Codex Blood Angels (White Dwarf Supplement Anyways)
Codex Space Wolves
Codex Imperial Guard
Codex Demon Hunters
Codex Witch Hunters

That's 8 of the armies in the 40k univers right there! So to be fair, the results of the campaigns are the fault of all when you look at the big picture and ignore the fact that Space Marines are the poster boys of GW. lol xp  

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:45 pm
We really need to do away with some of those marines codex books. Especially with such a strong and unbalanced codex creep.

I find that the set goal rewards are far too unrealistic for these large scale events. Ichar V was just about fighting for a world, nothing more and nothing less. Big plus was that it became official background.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:54 pm
I agree Brookman, lets get rid of the Dark Angels. No one like them! I'm not a biased Space Wolf player at all! xp  

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:47 am
We need moar Marines!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:39 am
Kaori Kapoigne
We need moar Marines!

What the ******** we gonna do with more marines!?! There arent enough enemies to throw them at!  

Alissindra

5,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:55 am
On the contrary, there are always more enemies! Especially when you can flip the switch on the back of any marine and turn him into a Chaos Marine! rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:40 am
lol... so that is the Eldar secret weapon eh?

ETC.

"Eldrad are you sure about this?"
"Yes, that little switch on the back. Flip it down."
"Alright, but wouldn't they attack us too?" *flips switch*
"s**t I didnt forsee that... RUN!!!"  

Alissindra

5,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:28 am
What 40k needs is actual traitor guard.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:51 am
Kaori Kapoigne

Traitor Guard = Imperial Guard Codex + Pointy bits.  

Alissindra

5,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:10 am
Blackened Heart Sucubi
Kaori Kapoigne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:15 am
Lt. Brookman
Blackened Heart Sucubi
Kaori Kapoigne

honestly if i want traitor guard just take the guard codex and the chaos marine codex. Grab some stuff like icons from chaos codex and put em in the guard codex... VIOLA traitor guard.

or Codex + Spiky Bits....  

Alissindra

5,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:36 am
Blackened Heart Sucubi
Lt. Brookman
Blackened Heart Sucubi
Kaori Kapoigne

honestly if i want traitor guard just take the guard codex and the chaos marine codex. Grab some stuff like icons from chaos codex and put em in the guard codex... VIOLA traitor guard.

or Codex + Spiky Bits....

you don't necessarily need pointy bits, if their nurgle give them bloated stomaches out of green stuff,if their tzeentch give them mutations from the old mutation sprue or spawn bits.
khorne is pretty much everyone has 2 combat weapons or a las pistol and a combat weapon (make with catachans).
slaanesh is just pretty much pink with 'pointy bits' if you get my drift.
undivided on the other hand just do whatever the hell you want with them,i made mine look shoddy and unorganized,except from the special weapons team,all i could to to them was put spikes on them.  
Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff