Welcome to Gaia! ::

21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild designed for older Gaians, particularly artists and geeks. 

Tags: Twenty One Plus, Artists, Geek, Forum 

Reply 21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild
Celebrating Achievement Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:11 am
Punk Fox TH
Hey, I just started a new project, and as they say, a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step, I present my achievement:

http://indiegamedesign.blogspot.com/

Good URL as well!

I enjoy the layout. I might have to have my fiance take a look- he's a huge tabletop gamer- myself I'm afraid I don't follow the genre enough to know what's what. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:16 am
AntoniaMerEnfant
Punk Fox TH
Hey, I just started a new project, and as they say, a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step, I present my achievement:

http://indiegamedesign.blogspot.com/

Good URL as well!

I enjoy the layout. I might have to have my fiance take a look- he's a huge tabletop gamer- myself I'm afraid I don't follow the genre enough to know what's what. sweatdrop

The layout is one of blogspot's defaults. I have a designer friend I'm talking to about personalizing it.  

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:04 pm
So, I don't talk about it much, but according to the way our terrible system defines it, I'm technically a high school drop out.

Well, that albatross isn't going to be hanging much longer:

I took the 'Official Practice Test' for my GED today, and got a perfect in 3 of 5 categories. The instructor told me it was the only perfect she had ever seen on math!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:08 am
Punk Fox TH
So, I don't talk about it much, but according to the way our terrible system defines it, I'm technically a high school drop out.

Well, that albatross isn't going to be hanging much longer:

I took the 'Official Practice Test' for my GED today, and got a perfect in 3 of 5 categories. The instructor told me it was the only perfect she had ever seen on math!
mrgreen Yay! I'm so proud of you! blaugh  

Bakura Amane
Crew

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100

Bakura Amane
Crew

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:11 pm
For those of you who are not friends with me on Facebook or have not checked my status as of tonight, it's official! I signed on to work at Pizza Hut! I am now employed again! mrgreen I am soo happy, even if I am only paid $7.25 an hour (that does not include tips). rolleyes It's still a pretty good amount of money. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:58 am
Bakura Amane
For those of you who are not friends with me on Facebook or have not checked my status as of tonight, it's official! I signed on to work at Pizza Hut! I am now employed again! mrgreen I am soo happy, even if I am only paid $7.25 an hour (that does not include tips). rolleyes It's still a pretty good amount of money. 3nodding

Congrats Ms. Working-Lady biggrin  

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:00 pm
My blog has being going for almost two months. eek

Latest is about system mastery requirements in table top games:

http://indiegamedesign.blogspot.com/2010/10/system-mastery-plague-against-fun.html  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:33 pm
I got my first comment!!!!  

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Headhunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:45 pm
I don't normally like to brag, but...

I haz a job

A real one. One that actually uses the supposeldy "useless" degree that I'll be finishing in two months time.

Suck on it, internet!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:52 pm
Headhunter

I haz a job

A real one. One that actually uses the supposeldy "useless" degree that I'll be finishing in two months time.

Suck on it, internet!

Very nice.  

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:51 am
Headhunter

I haz a job

Suck on it, internet!

stare Congrats! What will you be doing for a living? I'm glad you are finally being given something better than retail and the like.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:15 pm
AntoniaMerEnfant
Headhunter

I haz a job

Suck on it, internet!

stare Congrats! What will you be doing for a living? I'm glad you are finally being given something better than retail and the like.

Short answer: Copywriter.

I got a job at an internet marketing company. I take assigned pages from client websites and re-word them to make them more appealing and more likely to show up in search engines near the top of page one.  

Headhunter

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:07 am
Headhunter
AntoniaMerEnfant
Headhunter

I haz a job

Suck on it, internet!

I got a job at an internet marketing company. I take assigned pages from client websites and re-word them to make them more appealing and more likely to show up in search engines near the top of page one.

So, a search engine optimizer on top of a better page. Interesting job.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:35 pm
Punk Fox TH
Headhunter
AntoniaMerEnfant
Headhunter

I haz a job

Suck on it, internet!

So, a search engine optimizer on top of a better page. Interesting job.
Sounds so much better than Pizza Hut Delivery Driver. confused Oh well, congrats! biggrin I am proud of you! 3nodding  

Bakura Amane
Crew

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash