Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Defluffing: Why "I believe, thus it's right for me" is wrong Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:10 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
Oh! Do we get to turn this thread into a new and interesting discussion on proper conduct, hypocrisy and mocking?
No, but you can turn it into a thread on cheese. Mostly because I want some right now.
I like Brie, but to be honest, not enough people eat the rind, and I find that insulting to the cheese.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:09 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
Oh! Do we get to turn this thread into a new and interesting discussion on proper conduct, hypocrisy and mocking?
No, but you can turn it into a thread on cheese. Mostly because I want some right now.
Damn. We need a good discussion on Flyting.  

TeaDidikai

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:55 pm
Recursive Paradox
I get that people need to vent if someone was really irritating. I just don't like the way it's being done here. I think that the way it's been done here is not a good way. I find it discourteous and that bothers me in people I respect.
anything i have said here towards said member i have included and told directly to said member. i have worked very hard not to say something behind one's back if i am not willing to say it to their face, or have done so already.

i do not understand how you saw this as discourteous and would like to understand.

@Tea - i think that idea would be rather interesting. particularly if it were expanded to cultures, religions and personal paths and the differences between appropriate and inappropriate defaming.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:01 pm
saint dreya

@Tea - i think that idea would be rather interesting. particularly if it were expanded to cultures, religions and personal paths and the differences between appropriate and inappropriate defaming.
That's pretty much what I had in mind.  

TeaDidikai

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:51 pm
TeaDidikai
saint dreya

oooh, and the idea and historical/cultural use of curses, 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:59 pm
saint dreya
Recursive Paradox
I get that people need to vent if someone was really irritating. I just don't like the way it's being done here. I think that the way it's been done here is not a good way. I find it discourteous and that bothers me in people I respect.
anything i have said here towards said member i have included and told directly to said member. i have worked very hard not to say something behind one's back if i am not willing to say it to their face, or have done so already.

Then we have no quarrel whatsoever.

Quote:
i do not understand how you saw this as discourteous and would like to understand.

o_O I think you misunderstood me. You did it the right way in my viewpoint.  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:54 am
saint dreya
TeaDidikai
saint dreya

oooh, and the idea and historical/cultural use of curses, 4laugh
Could be interesting, especially since some of the Curses I am familiar with are incredibly polite.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:10 pm
I think many of you would find Randi's board amusing. There, you would be the bunnies.  

cordgrass

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:20 pm
cordgrass
I think many of you would find Randi's board amusing. There, you would be the bunnies.

Link?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:35 pm
http://forums.randi.org/

Quite the hardboiled set over there, if you want a bracing discussion about objective reality.  

cordgrass

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:26 pm
cordgrass
I somewhat doubt that. Randi has no room to talk about my theological traditions.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:12 pm
cordgrass
http://forums.randi.org/

Quite the hardboiled set over there, if you want a bracing discussion about objective reality.
Upon rereading the link, I'm inclined to answer "no". It seems you are misapplying the term Fluffy.  

TeaDidikai

cordgrass

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:48 am
TeaDidikai
cordgrass
I somewhat doubt that. Randi has no room to talk about my theological traditions.

Oh, he sure does. They love talking over there about how the supernatural fits in with objective reality. In that sense I was using "fluffy" as shying away from intelllectually rigorous debate.

"Fluffy" as I understand it, is a combination of extremely subjective beliefs, an ignorance of history, a make-it-up-as-you-go-along approach that often combines religious elements from disparate cultures and an unbalanced view of light/dark, spirit/material. Except for the latter, I believe I qualify.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:26 am
cordgrass
TeaDidikai
cordgrass

Oh, he sure does. They love talking over there about how the supernatural fits in with objective reality. In that sense I was using "fluffy" as shying away from intelllectually rigorous debate.

"Fluffy" as I understand it, is a combination of extremely subjective beliefs, an ignorance of history, a make-it-up-as-you-go-along approach that often combines religious elements from disparate cultures and an unbalanced view of light/dark, spirit/material. Except for the latter, I believe I qualify.

I'm a little confused as to what you're asserting here. Are you calling yourself a fluffy bunny?

Are you calling us fluffy bunnies? Or are you asserting things about that other website?  

Recursive Paradox

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:27 am
Recursive Paradox
o_O I think you misunderstood me. You did it the right way in my viewpoint.
thank you for allowing me to understand your viewpoint upon further information, biggrin  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff