Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
What do I do with the food I give to spirits? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:59 am
PrometheanSet

And with the spirits being "trained by experience" to go easy on newbies... well, since its still fair to point out any holes.... :p
Most of the spirits I deal with so far have been thoughtforms. I do deal with a couple otherlings, but it's much less intimate, as I haven't spiritually grown enough to confidently work with them, which they and I are both aware of.
Quote:

There are some mischievous, even manipulative things out there. Once again, without a good bit more info from the original poster...
Well, s**t oh dear, you didn't ask at all, did you?

See how much aggravation you could have saved us all if you'd merely did your homework first?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:53 am
Gho the Girl

See how much aggravation you could have saved us all if you'd merely did your homework first?
~raises hand~ I'm not aggravated. I'm amused. 3nodding  

TeaDidikai

PrometheanSet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:08 pm
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl

~raises hand~ I'm not aggravated. I'm amused. 3nodding

There we go. Another intentional flame.

And nobody else managed to ask the original poster either, which makes me wonder about a couple of things...  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:44 pm
PrometheanSet

LIBEL SLANDER AND LIES! rofl

Quote:
And nobody else managed to ask the original poster either, which makes me wonder about a couple of things...
Having had in depth conversations with DB about their spiritual path before- I didn't need to ask for any clarification.  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:16 pm
PrometheanSet

That was not a flame.
That was a statement of emotion.
A flame is an insult directed at someone.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:13 pm
I have never given food offerings... so go with what Tea says about her knowledge of Asatru. ninja

I pour out. Part of pouring out is that I drink first, then I pour out either into an offering bowl or into the ground. Sometimes I even hallow the ground. Well, when I'm not at home.

At home I pour out into my hoff (altar, effectively) which is directly into the ground.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:25 pm
Deoridhe
I have never given food offerings... so go with what Tea says about her knowledge of Asatru. ninja

sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:35 pm
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe

sweatdrop

No pressure! sweatdrop  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:06 pm
Recursive Paradox
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe

sweatdrop

No pressure! sweatdrop
Best Asatru food offering I have ever been party to:

Slice the throat of the pig, letting the blood spill onto the earth with a sanctifying prayer. Roast the pig. Offer the spirit of the pig. Wait ten minutes. Have people bring their plates with other good food stuffs and get a piece of roasted pig. When all is said and done, drunk Asatru men in kilts place pig head on spear and dance around the camp. Watch the vegans scream bloody murder.

To be honest- I couldn't tell you what part of that was my favorite. twisted  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:05 am
Stepping in rather late to this discussion... In my tradition (Kemetic Orthodoxy), we offer food to both the gods and the dead.

When we offer food to the gods, They share it with us. It's recommended to either eat the offering yourself, or feed it to someone else—if, for example, you were to offer steak to a god Who likes meant, but you were a vegetarian, it would be acceptable to cook the offering for consumption by a meat-eating friend or family member. Not eating the food afterward is wasting it, and sometimes the food is better afterward after being shared with the god.

However, the dead consume the spiritual essence of the food and living people aren't supposed to finish it. Food offered to the dead is supposed to be thrown out separate from the other trash. Commonly people set aside a small portion of the regular meal for their Akhu ("blessed dead": deceased kin, whether by blood or choice) as an offering. I think some people do set the offering out for animals, and others do eat Akhu offerings afterward, but it's not common and seems to be somewhat influenced by traditions they had before joining this one.

Don't know if that helps, but it's what I do. smile  

TheDisreputableDog

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:09 pm
The food my friends and I offer at our late autumn Ancestor Feast is burned- for whatever that matters to folks.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:34 pm
So far I have not had a food based barter with any Aspect.

I would think the only one that would require it would be the Life Aspect or one of the Lesser Aspects that represent entire species and groups of organisms.

The more aggressive Yellow Blades Essence I use for shielding requires me to lick a penny or any copper item as a barter occasionally though. I dunno if that counts. >.>  

Recursive Paradox

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:08 pm
TeaDidikai

Slice the throat of the pig, letting the blood spill onto the earth with a sanctifying prayer. Roast the pig. Offer the spirit of the pig. Wait ten minutes. Have people bring their plates with other good food stuffs and get a piece of roasted pig. When all is said and done, drunk Asatru men in kilts place pig head on spear and dance around the camp. Watch the vegans scream bloody murder.

eek I need to meet these people (the dancing Asatru, not the Vegans).  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:55 am
PhantomPhoenix0
TeaDidikai

eek I need to meet these people (the dancing Asatru, not the Vegans).
I think we all do.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

younameme qwerty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:47 pm
Isn't this just like leaving cookies and milk for Santa?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff