Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Things that tick you off about yaoi or shonen-ai Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does anyhting anger you in yaoi or shonen-ai
  yes
  no
  GOLD :D
View Results

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:27 pm
Anika_Strizuki

3: Not finishing the series. It's sad. Especially when it starts to get really good, it ends, just like that.

That's Eerie Queerie for me. Not only was there no smut like they promised, there was no conclusion. They just dropped a bunch or random events in my lap and called it a conclusion.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:37 pm
XIII falling stars
Girlie Hero
Vasaline is dangerous to use for a**l penetration and the it burns like a m0therf2cker if you get it in a rip--I know crying
Uh oh. eek

LMAO! xD Wow thanks for sharing that heart  

Solitude Doll

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:31 am
I also thought of something else that annoyed me.

Number Twelve

When two characters are growing up together as kids, they get separated until they're in their twenties, and then "OH! I thought you were a girl and was having so many sexual fantasies about you!! What shall I do--it's so awkward!!? Oh wells. *buttschecks*"
Really? You knew each other for ten years and didn't know the sex of one another? Really? Are you retarded? No, because even the mentally challenged can tell. Even at five, and I don't care how girlish/boyish you dress or how gender-neutral your name is, you can tell! Prepubescence is not an excuse scream In those ten years, did you two just not use public restrooms--boys go in boys, girls go in girls, so if your friend comes into the boys restroom and uses a urinal with you, he's probably not a girl.
I'm just kind of like, if you're not going to put enough thought into a plot, then ********, man! just PWP it!  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:14 pm
(Sorry if this is a bit TL;DR)

XIII falling stars
When fangirls refer to themselves as seme or uke. Yeah, I shouldn't really have to explain that.

AMEN.

I hate that so much I can't even deal.

2. When the guys in manga/anime/whatever have no friends that are girls, and the only girls you see are bitches. GIRLS EXIST. The guy doesn't have to have 7 friends that are girls, but, usually guys have at least one friend that's a girl.

3. Badly written sex scenes can ruin a good story. Awkwardness is to be expected, but complete incompetence about the basics? Even if both of them are doing it for the first time, there would have been some goddamn research done.

4. When one guy #1 gets all jealous over guy #2, and then when Guy #2 gets the same way, #1 is all angry and "back off" about it.

5. When authors seem to think that all guys think about is sex. This is a part of their life, BUT IT'S NOT EVERYTHING.

6. Overly girly ukes

7. When the description the author has given in a fanfiction about a sex scene makes no sense and would not anatomically work.

8. When authors rush plot for sex.

9. When authors ask other people who should get together with who. YOU'RE THE ONE WRITING THE STORY, WRITE IT.

10. This is more of a general note, but when fangirls say "He's mine, BACK OFF". What are you, four?  

civiliandata

TwEAT_Me_417

Hilarious Sophomore

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:48 pm
Mika_Clari
Overtly girly men. Actually excessively weak, too submissive ukes who act like the typical stereotypical uke. I have nothing against female characters either when I say I hate "girly" characters. I just really hate girly men, not girly-looking men, not even general effeminate characters but those ukes who lack any form of masculinity.
I know that this doesn't make much sense but you might get where I'm going here.

i do too but i think its okay sometimes if they are not overly girly like you said but sometimes it is good in a good yaoi  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:07 pm
^ Yeah, super effeminate boys irk me. Just because you're not the dominate one in the relationship, does not mean you have to be weak and girly.  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Sushi-kaichou

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:32 pm
stockholm syndrome- (i.e. okane ga nai<-- NEVERRR!)
uber cheesy stuff that "totally" makes sense and "fits in" (i.e. Only Ring Finger blah)
oh and major tick-off? uber girlie or uber manly ukes

and yea ttly agree w/ the "getting closer... getting closer... and... they don't do anything!" <-- while i luff them, Loveless & After School Nightmare are total examples of it ><

actually... i dont hate fan-couples... im a major supporter of them actually (in other words... sorry pple! ima fangirl! i dont see why you guys should hate otakus like me! confused )  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:03 am
when you have that one girl that is scary obsessed  

protecterofelements

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:16 pm
^ Oh yeah.  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:51 pm
begin rant scream oh rite lemme tell you a really annoying thing about yaoi

they can make out anywhere

yes this ticks me off.
really, sex is for a bed (or a couch or futon, or something romantic)
i've read yaoi in which they have sex in a cave, under a bridge/in the canal under the bridge, in a pool in a onsen gonk , in a library, inside a church, against a fence... the list goes on of inappropriate places to make love. apparently, yaoi love-making can happen on the spot.
i mean honestly, just go to a hotel or even some couch that's actually romantic (what's so lovey-dovey about a fence)!! it's better than having sex on a rock-hard floor with dirt getting your buttocks!!! end rant stressed  

Sushi-kaichou

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:43 pm
^ Not all spontaneous smex is good  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:51 am
User Image
User ImageUser Image
Politeness serves a purpose.
Civility and kindness are moral imperatives.

I don't like when things go TOO fast. People just meet each other and instantly fall in love and start having sex.

I don't know, I guess I just relate it to real life and men who do that don't fall in love, their just one night stands. So then I view these people as whores for the rest of the book.

I like nice love stories, that actually lead somewhere.

Or tragedies.

A human being is part of a whole, called by us "universe", a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something sperated from the rest. A kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in it's beauty.
User Image

FagCake

light shinomi

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:23 pm
Tsuki Nushi
Sorry if there's a discussion about this already.

I was just wondering if there was anything that really irks any of you when it comes to yaoi or shonen-ai.

For me it's teasers. Like in Kyo Kara Maoh (anime) They've spent the entire series hinting tha Yuri and Wolfram are a couple, and nothing happens. I don't expect a smex scene or anything, but I wish they'd make up their minds!

They spend story arc after story arc getting closer and having"moments" but we get nothing! No hugs, no kiss, they aren't even officially a couple!

Just an never ending cycle of the plot going "they're getting together, they're getting together, keep watching, they're totally getting together this time, oh wait, no they aren't!"

Discuss:
Does this piss you off too?
What does piss you off and why?

It does. first you fall in love with the pairing. ur very lucky if they act loving or kiss or hug like friends?... and then Sara comes in and creates a new pairing. I love the entire random shonen-ai but YurixWolfram needs more love b/c the show was loosing its touch and producers were thinking of canceling the next season. did you hear about that?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:28 pm
Sushi-kaichou
begin rant scream oh rite lemme tell you a really annoying thing about yaoi

they can make out anywhere

yes this ticks me off.
really, sex is for a bed (or a couch or futon, or something romantic)
i've read yaoi in which they have sex in a cave, under a bridge/in the canal under the bridge, in a pool in a onsen gonk , in a library, inside a church, against a fence... the list goes on of inappropriate places to make love. apparently, yaoi love-making can happen on the spot.
i mean honestly, just go to a hotel or even some couch that's actually romantic (what's so lovey-dovey about a fence)!! it's better than having sex on a rock-hard floor with dirt getting your buttocks!!! end rant stressed

and their backs for dare I say it God's sake. some places are NOT good for uh.."public display of affection" and come across to unrealistic and corny.  

light shinomi

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items