Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Otherkin Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:31 pm

Sinister Kung Fu
My highest was 5 (in the upper 70's) followed closely by 9 (in the lower 70's). The rest were all below 30% biggrin

I would have guessed the 5- The 9 is interesting, but the 5 is easy to see. Oddly enough, there are a lot of 5's in High Magick. That and 5 speech/writing patterns are easy for me to spot.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:07 am

SlaineWildfire
Starchildren are essentially people who believe that they were once aliens of a sort, beings that lived on other planets, other stars, other galaxies.

Personally, the more I learn about therians, the more it makes me want to claw my eyes out. A therian to me seems like a furrie on an ego trip. But that's just something personal, and in no way is that comment polite, politically correct, or even kind. Ah well.

Edit: Oh, and I'm a Type 2, The Helper. So there goes that idea.

Me? I'm type 7, the Enthusiast. As mentioned earlier in this thread most Otherkin are type 4, so I'm definitely not an Otherkin--in fact, type 4 was one of my lowest scores on the exam.
My opinion of Otherkin is that people are just that: people. True, you can mold your spirit or astral form into a nonhuman shape and even change your psyche to the point where you believe yourself to be something other than human, but keep in mind that the dragons, unicorns, and other spirit entities might not accept you as one of their own and might view you as nothing more than a poor imitation of the real thing... and do you want to spend eternity as an inferior copy of a spirit that wants absolutely nothing to do with you?

godhi

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:15 pm

godhi
SlaineWildfire
Starchildren are essentially people who believe that they were once aliens of a sort, beings that lived on other planets, other stars, other galaxies.

Personally, the more I learn about therians, the more it makes me want to claw my eyes out. A therian to me seems like a furrie on an ego trip. But that's just something personal, and in no way is that comment polite, politically correct, or even kind. Ah well.

Me? I'm type 7, the Enthusiast. As mentioned earlier in this thread most Otherkin are type 4, so I'm definitely not an Otherkin--in fact, type 4 was one of my lowest scores on the exam.
My opinion of Otherkin is that people are just that: people. True, you can mold your spirit or astral form into a nonhuman shape and even change your psyche to the point where you believe yourself to be something other than human, but keep in mind that the dragons, unicorns, and other spirit entities might not accept you as one of their own and might view you as nothing more than a poor imitation of the real thing... and do you want to spend eternity as an inferior copy of a spirit that wants absolutely nothing to do with you?

rofl You? A 7?! I can so see that! High 8 wing by chance?

Anyway- what do you think about the Changeling theory?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:34 am

TeaDidikai
godhi
SlaineWildfire

rofl You? A 7?! I can so see that! High 8 wing by chance?

Anyway- what do you think about the Changeling theory?

Most of my other numbers were in the middle range, including type 8. As far as Changelings as concerned, I've met a few in my time but don't know if they are really reincarnated Faerie Folk or just crazy humans. I believe the latter to be true, but with one particular young lady I used to know I'm not quite sure, as her magical talents were rather powerful and she had an aura that wasn't entirely human...

godhi

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:08 am

I find it funny that people are so quick to claim to be something other than human when we still haven't defined what it is to be human. As far as I'm concerned, if you can function in the human world, you are a human. I don't care what you were before. You're human now. Deal with it.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:04 am

Well me personally I am more Changeling than Otherkin. Personally I have had a vision of soul/self. I have also had a past life regression/recall experience/vision (don't know which) in which I felt/experienced my soul.

It's not all tea and cakes either. I believe that it is one of the reasons I have an intense fear of deep water. I say "deep" meaning mostly anything I can stand in over my waist. Showering is fine but I feel that is part of my human side. Also with the human part comes a liking of swimming. I still swim on occasion, even if it scares me. But on the other hand, if I were to be dropped in the middle of a lake, I fully believe I would have a heart attack trying to swim to shore, overcome in panic.

The dark also bothers me, but that could be a human thing. Same with spiders. I also feel "phantom" wings, but that could be something with a spirt I let posses me a couple times when I was feeling depressed.

I even have a friend who is a Troll (not underbridge kind, blue with lotsa knight-type attitudes), who even had a child walk up to him (it seems it is easier from children to See, what with not having their minds clouded by beliefs, etc.) and she was lost from here mother and crying. She looked at him and said 'You blue.' And stopped crying and let him help her find her mom.

And that brings up the question: can other people remember interacting with "other-kin". The girl could have a racial memory of Trolls. Considering also my friend is rather large (6'4", 300+lbs) and he doesn't look the friendliess. It is interesting about the experience with the child.

He is also highly honor-bound. If he actually, fully gives you his word, he'll keep it. But again, this could be a human thing. I don't believe so, but it is possible.

VwolfV

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:48 am

Tsuzuki
I find it funny that people are so quick to claim to be something other than human when we still haven't defined what it is to be human. As far as I'm concerned, if you can function in the human world, you are a human. I don't care what you were before. You're human now. Deal with it.

You know what? I agree with you. But just because you're human now doesn't mean you can't remember an honor your past. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it, afterall.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:01 am

SlaineWildfire
Tsuzuki

You know what? I agree with you. But just because you're human now doesn't mean you can't remember an honor your past. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it, afterall.
Who you were before is a part of who you are now. A person could spend an entire lifetime and still not be able to truly forget who they are. Humans are very complicated creatures. If you want to tack a funny label such as 'otherkin' to that, go ahead, but just know that it doesn't make you at all different from anyone else.

Tsuzuki

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:53 pm

Tsuzuki
SlaineWildfire
Tsuzuki

Who you were before is a part of who you are now. A person could spend an entire lifetime and still not be able to truly forget who they are. Humans are very complicated creatures. If you want to tack a funny label such as 'otherkin' to that, go ahead, but just know that it doesn't make you at all different from anyone else.

Bingo.

Wolf>> Sorry. Changelings are not as White Wolf would have you believe.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:34 am

Tsuzuki
SlaineWildfire
Tsuzuki

I never claimed to be different. Never once. I'm not able to turn invisible or move things with the power of my mind, I can't kill without touching anyone. I eat, I sleep, I s**t, I do my homework, and I interact with my friends and family. Using the word otherkin is simply like using the words homosexual or Jewish. It simply describes a subgroup of which I happen to belong. That's all. Nothing more.

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:01 am

*reads the last few posts* Aahh...now I understand. Great topic, btw. I'm looking forward to doing a past lives regression/meditation sometime soon and am interested to see what's going to pop up. ^_^
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:05 pm

SlaineWildfire
Tsuzuki
SlaineWildfire
Tsuzuki

I never claimed to be different. Never once. I'm not able to turn invisible or move things with the power of my mind, I can't kill without touching anyone. I eat, I sleep, I s**t, I do my homework, and I interact with my friends and family. Using the word otherkin is simply like using the words homosexual or Jewish. It simply describes a subgroup of which I happen to belong. That's all. Nothing more.
Except that 'homosexual' and 'Jewish' have definitive meanings that don't try to describe nonexistent situations. razz "Other"-kin indeed. What is this group from which you are somehow "other"? The quote in my sig pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter. Suck it up, human! evil

Tsuzuki

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:30 pm

Why should I change something just because you don't like it/disagree with it / can't understand it? It's my personal reality, and that's the way it is. That's the great thing about personal reality... it only matters to me.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:56 pm

SlaineWildfire
Why should I change something just because you don't like it/disagree with it / can't understand it? It's my personal reality, and that's the way it is. That's the great thing about personal reality... it only matters to me.
Yes, but once you try to communicate something it becomes a part of the communal reality, and therefore falls under the laws of reason and must be backed up by it. So far, your arguments have not convinced me that the concept that you are somehow "other" is anything more than a fluffy fantasy. How can you place a label on yourself when you haven't even defined what it is that you are apart from? Though I suppose it doesn't matter if, as you put it, you wish to be in your own little world.

Tsuzuki

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:54 am

Tsuzuki
Yes, but once you try to communicate something it becomes a part of the communal reality, and therefore falls under the laws of reason and must be backed up by it. So far, your arguments have not convinced me that the concept that you are somehow "other" is anything more than a fluffy fantasy. How can you place a label on yourself when you haven't even defined what it is that you are apart from? Though I suppose it doesn't matter if, as you put it, you wish to be in your own little world.

Okay, then, let me try to explain a little better, if you like.

I believe that on some level, I am "other" than human. This is on a soulic level, however, not on a physical or concrete level. I believe that my soul is non-human. My body, my brain, my heart, my mind... All of these things are human, and therefore, I am still essentially human. But what separates me from that humanity is my soul.

A longer definition is written here.
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces