Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
How do you feel about straight pairings? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do straight pairings annoy you?
  YES OMG TOTALLY!
  Sometimes yes and other times no
  They dont bother me
View Results

Pretty Pretty Priceless

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:48 am
kyoshiro elric
it doesn't really bother me except when I can find no evidence or real reasoning on why they are paired up like the ed x roy of FMA. I can't see why that pairing exists.
That's a gay pairing. Ex x Winry would be the straight pairing in there. (although that never really happened in the series anyway)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:26 pm
^Fancy meeting you here, WG regular! xd

Back on topic: I figure if gay relationships do nothing for straight people then it is okay that straight people do nothing for me. It does not bother me, but I prefer girls with girls and boys with boys.  

IIGRAYII

SupaWeena

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:01 pm
I love all kinds of relationships, yaoi yuri straight problamatic and anything that seems impossible. Gay or straight right or wrong i like stories about them all  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:05 pm
Mmm, I'm so sick of most straight pairings, honestly.

For the longest time, that's all I would read....and then I discovered beautiful, beautiful Yaoi.

Don't get me wrong, I still think some het pairings are adorable...but they can be so, so boring and freaking predictable. Somehow, yaoi just seems more versatile in the situations, relationship types and so forth.

So, het doesn't really bother me, but more often or not, I'm wishing the hero would get together with his loyal (and hot) best friend instead of the large breasted heroine who madly blushes every time he looks in her direction.

Though, I do love Red River, Honey Hunt, Sand Chronicles, and Honey and clover which are all straight, yet so freaking adorable. heart

And in a completely unrelated matter, I love yuri too.  

Sonnel Blackburn

Shani Baby15

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:29 am
i only like straight couples when it involves gangs ,violence or anything normal straight couple never go through  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:53 pm
♥ Sing me something soft, sad and delicate...

Straight pairings are okay, I guess. I actually like them sometimes.
Sing me anything... ♥

Poetic Essence

perryunicornboy

Devoted Healer

10,350 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:01 am
I don't mind them.I mean if they didn't have them then most anime wouldn't be allowed in america...so it has to be there..like sailor moon that had to change Zoysite and Fisheye to a girl..as much as i hate that i wouldn't of been able to see it any other way..girls are what allow us to watch the anime we enjoy on TV anyway..  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:51 pm
well depends! xd for example I love straight pairings in Renai Junkie by Asami Tojoh because they do the whole "just guys having fun" thing where they have a lot of sex but always thinking they are straight! Basically like a guy screwing around without being "bond"! I love her Yaoi because they eventually turn out to love eachother and its so amazingly emotional! like that I love straight pairings but if there is no emotion or no sex...well that is lame! 4laugh  

Kozi_22

Pretty Pretty Priceless

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:29 pm
Kozi_22
well depends! xd for example I love straight pairings in Renai Junkie by Asami Tojoh because they do the whole "just guys having fun" thing where they have a lot of sex but always thinking they are straight! Basically like a guy screwing around without being "bond"! I love her Yaoi because they eventually turn out to love eachother and its so amazingly emotional! like that I love straight pairings but if there is no emotion or no sex...well that is lame! 4laugh
Where's the straight part? neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:33 pm
I do like straight pairings on some occasions. However, it is easier for me to squee over yaoi than over straight. (yuri has its own separate category with me. I don't grade/ view it the same way as the other two. )

However, it all boils down to the same thing. Plot and characterization. It had been already said that straight pairings in anime and manga are often cliched, which is a major turn off because it lacks unique plot and characterization. (Also, I am a sucker for classic romance like Austen's stuff and fairytales so straight all the way there XD )

however, there was a time when I was suffering from yaoi withdrawal since I couldn't find any good, well drawn, unique and inspiring yaoi. I never had anything to do with yaoi for a year and a half. So, yaoi can have its lack of decent plot and characterization as well.

Therefore, both basically follow the same rules. I admit I'm a little more lenient towards yaoi but if its bad....its bad...and if its good, I'll look it into.  

malicer333

Skeeterpillar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:12 pm
*shrugs*
i, as a lesbian, don't understand how girls fall in love with guys anyway, but, whatever.
(NaruHina forever.)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:03 pm
Straight pairings don't bother me.
I'm cool with any pairing in a manga/anime/game.

As long as the romance -works-
I dont see the gender as a big factor.

I just don't find straight or lesbian pairings to be sexy, whereas with yaoi pairings i'm like OMG DROOL biggrin  

Lady _A N T H R A C I S

hameko105

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:50 pm
gaypridewonder
Straight pairings only bug me when they get in the way of the yaoi or the yuri pairing I want.

YESH!!!!!!!!!!! SO TRUE!!!!! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:52 pm
gaypridewonder
Straight pairings only bug me when they get in the way of the yaoi or the yuri pairing I want.

i second that  

TwEAT_Me_417

Hilarious Sophomore

Coquettish Lina

Anxious Bloodsucker

7,250 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:27 am
I don't mind straight pairings.

Well, I should say, the sex of the characters doesn't affect whether I like a pairing. Sometimes I hate couples and sometimes I like them a lot. I spend every anime/manga either giggling or yelling at the characters. Gay couples are just more likely to get giggles. (Mostly because it's the girls I yell at. "Just kiss him already!")  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff