Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Foods You Miss From When You Were Little? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Food Types Missed
  Junk/Snack
  Cereal
  Candy
  Lunch/Dinner
View Results

Venuslady

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:54 am
Spotty-Chan
I miss my motabolizm. I want it back dang it!! It's not fair that my brother got all the tall and thin genes! That boy can eat anything and everything he wants, I simply look at something and "BOOM! "welcome to 200lbs!

LOL I hear ya! I can't even look at anything without gaining 30 lbs! rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:02 pm
Venuslady
Spotty-Chan
I miss my motabolizm. I want it back dang it!! It's not fair that my brother got all the tall and thin genes! That boy can eat anything and everything he wants, I simply look at something and "BOOM! "welcome to 200lbs!

LOL I hear ya! I can't even look at anything without gaining 30 lbs! rofl

mine is slowing dieing!
I think about food... i think my belly gets bigger...
My wife said she can start to see my belly..(GET IN MY BELLY!!!)
sigh...

i missed Cracker Jakes.. tell i found them at Wal mart O.o
Raine  

Raine_Lrr

Pink Mint Tea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:05 pm
I don't know if they stopped selling these, but I was all about candy sticks. It was basically a packet of different tasting sugar powder that came with candy sticks. Delish. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:03 am
every day after school i would walk to my cousin's house to wait for my ride, and across the street was this awesome little cany store where you could walk in with 5 bucks and buy like, your weight in candy cigarettes (loved those things) He closed down years ago, sadly, and one of the things I really miss, that I can never find are Nickle Nips (at least that's what he called them, lol)they were just these little wax bottles filled with juice and they were SOOOOOO good. Circus Peanuts were also good.... God, I loved candy, lol.  

wittyfantom12

6,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

The Volturis Lover

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:11 am
I miss the Mr. Phipps pretzel chips and Giggle cookies. They were the best.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:36 am
Lik-M-Aid -- SweeTart powder, or anyway that's what it tasted like -- and a candy stick. You'd lick the stick, stick it in the powder, and then lick the powder off the stick. At the end of the powder, there'd still be some stick left, and you could eat that.

Lemonheads and other heads -- Mmm, mouth-puckering goodness followed by the candy's own sweet-center apology.

Hash browns, with some cheddar cheese sprinkled on, then an over-easy egg which you could break with your fork so the yolk would ooze down through the potato. I gave that up so I could lose 60 pounds, and it's worth it, but I still die a little bit inside when I think about how much I miss it.

My mother's cooking. Nobody else's cooking is as good as hers for healthfulness, flavor, comfort, cultural variety, and presentation. No, not your mother's either, though I'm sure it comes close. Living across the country from her is one of the hardest things I deal with, though I've been out for half my life. I grew up eating Chinese, Indian, soulfood, Creole, Cajun, French, Italian, Mexican, pan-African, Russian... and never had a clue that it was remarkable in any way, until I got to college and looked around at what everyone else was eating and thinking of as normal, when I was thinking "What, no variety at all?"  

Divash

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Mana-chuu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:12 am
Kid Cuisine! eek My little sisters and I used to eat those ALLL the time. My mother hated cooking, so she'd throw a few of those in the oven.. chicken nuggets or mac & cheese with a brownie.. good times biggrin I don't think I've had one since I was 7 or 8.

This may sound crazy, knowing the average kid's opinion of cafeteria food, but I miss some school lunches. My absolute favorite lunch was French toast sticks, and a sausage patty that I poured syrup over (to which nearby friends would go "Eww!") It was SO good!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:01 am
I miss Srawberry Shorkcake Cereal I LOVED this stuff when I was little.

I know it's newer but I wish Coca-Cola would bring back the coke with lime. I LOVED it. soo good.

I remember those mirco magic fries they were sooo good with the microwavable burgers I ate that stuff... often.  

Wendy Essex

Intergalactic Saint

15,000 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Noble Shade 100

wilmuliini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:57 am
I miss my mom's Sunday dinners. She is a really good cook. Mmmmm that whole chicken and saffronrice. Yummy I say.
Even now, I usually visit them about once a month and I try to make my visit dinnertime. *Drools* Now I'm hungry again. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:01 pm
I remember Pepsi Blue, and Crystal Pepsi....I heart Pepsi Blue, hated Crystal Pepsi. My mother would buy like a 12 pack of Crystal Pepsi and try to get me to drink it...ick.

Anyone remember Frosted Rice Crispies?

Mana-chuu
Kid Cuisine! eek

I still get those, some of the newer versions like Fried Ravioli is pretty good.

HelloKitty72
When I was a kid they used to make these carnation instant breakfast bars that looked like a brownie. Tasted great,too. They don't make em any more.

I remember those! They worked really well when I was late for school and needed breakfast.  

Taladrea

2,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100

jessies_angel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:45 pm
i miss pop rocks and green apple kool-aid.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:48 pm
Hell, I miss sour candies... of any brands... its like, the ultimate treat for the mouth.  

plypox

luckymnlassie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:04 am
Cheetos X and O's

lemon warheads  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:28 am
Drinks: I miss RC, Jamaica Cola, Royal Castle Birch Beer, Wink, and really good vanilla cream soda.

Cereal: not too terribly old, but gone - Crispy Wheats & Raisins
I still get my favorites, Cocoa Crispies and Lucky Charms, but they don't taste as good anymore. They added way too much healthy vitamins and minerals. I can taste the B-12..bleck!!!

Snacks: Those 1-2-3 Jello mixes that made three layers magically on its own!

Candy: POP ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!! (the real ones that were banned)

TV Dinner: The old inexpensive Swanson dinner (all aluminum foil package)... the one with ham and pineapple/raisin sauce, sweet potatoes, peas, and baked apple dessert..... YUMMMMMM!

I agree that the graham crackers just don't taste good anymore. Not near enough flavor like there used to be...there's a lot more I miss, but this post is too long already.  

Arkjinnahn

BuffySlays

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:28 pm
Every day on my way home from 5th grade I would stop at this liquor store (that's what we called all convienence stores back then wink ) and get myself a Cup O' Gold candy bar. It was like a Reese's peanut butter cup but the chocolate was so much better and had coconut in it and it was filled with marshmallowy goodness. Soooo yummy! I totally miss those. My mom actually found some at some specialty online shop and ordered me several but, alas, they just didn't taste as good.

Also, I really miss Gatorade gum. It was green and strangely sour in a way that made you drool like a St. Bernard.

Something else that I used to love and recently ran into is Razzle's. They taste absolutely horrible now. I don't know what they changed but they ruined the flavor completely.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff