~*~Bios Thread~*~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HoshiiChan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:54 pm
got_rock
I'm Hannah, I'm jewish, I live 5 minutes from Princeton University, I'm 13, and I am talented at violin and guitar, but my talents on violin are only well-known among my friends (the reason I'm not a first violin yet sad ) . I also sing a bit. I love any type of rock, and I want to form a band except I don't know anybody who plays drums. I love reading in my spare time, and surfing and swimming whenever I am able to.

I would also like to say that this guild helped become a little more open on gaia, less "internet shy" as my friend calls it because I used to never know what to say and where, and know I'm not so "quiet" on Gaia. I guess because I could relate to people more easily here than on other parts of the forum.
Ah yes! Another orchestra lover! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:41 pm
I'm Andrew. I'm 20, a college student in Iowa. I'm studying Instrumental Music Education (orchestral emphasis) and Composition. I play the cello and sing as my primary instruments; I also play piano, guitar, electric bass, a little drums, a little low brass, and a little violin. I have also played saxophones and oboe in high school, but it's been awhile since I've picked any of them up so I wouldn't say I actively play them anymore.

I love all kinds of music. I'm in the orchestra, choir and jazz band at my college as well as a string quartet (and I'd be in the band if I had the time). I've also spent some time playing around with the synthesizers and software in our electronic music studio, with varying (but interesting) results. I'm hoping to get myself an account on MP3.com or something soon so I can post some of my songs.

[EDIT] I should probably mention that I'm not in a band, but I have played in several professional orchestras. My string quartets I've been in have also played a number of various gigs.  

Heptadragon

Granny Pickle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:33 pm
A hoi hoi,

I'm Pickle, I'm 16 and live in New Zealand. I sing and play bass primarily, but I can and do play several (as in dozens) of other instruments, including several instruments that reflect my celtic/pacific islander heritage (such as the bagpipes and taro patch fiddle).

I play in a band that is currently on break, and we constantly fight over the name, current working name is Lace....we play sort of brit bluesy music. Uhm, yeah. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:42 pm
pickleintheveins
A hoi hoi,

I'm Pickle, I'm 16 and live in New Zealand. I sing and play bass primarily, but I can and do play several (as in dozens) of other instruments, including several instruments that reflect my celtic/pacific islander heritage (such as the bagpipes and taro patch fiddle).

I play in a band that is currently on break, and we constantly fight over the name, current working name is Lace....we play sort of brit bluesy music. Uhm, yeah. :3

Cool!! I'm from New Zealand too, my grampa and great-grandparents were born there. I'm also from Austria, Russia, Germany, Alsace-Loraine (now part of France), Poland, and Lithuania, if you don't count America.  

Teh Rock

Granny Pickle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:53 pm
got_rock
pickleintheveins
A hoi hoi,

Cool!! I'm from New Zealand too, my grampa and great-grandparents were born there. I'm also from Austria, Russia, Germany, Alsace-Loraine (now part of France), Poland, and Lithuania, if you don't count America.

Wow, Great grandparents? Thats pretty hardcore considering that time this country would have been a teeeeny little colony. Cool!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:16 am
Hello...

My name is Meaghan. I'm 14 and I live in Florida (US) I play the guitar, flute, and the keyboard. I think I sing good but I don't let anyone hear me sweatdrop um....I'm into hard rock, industral, techno, classical, and metal. Bands: Linkin Park, Metallica, Good Charlotte, NIN, System of a Down *from the VERY beginning*, Slipknot, Korn, APC, STP, Tool, Marilyn Manson, Murder Dolls, Stone Sour...Beetoveen, Mozart, Bach....hehehe I like that change....

I WOULD LOVE TO BE IN A BAND JUST BEWARE OF A PERSON WHO DOESN'T PLAY THE GUITAR TOO WELL AT ALL!!!!  

Stars_Tears

Camdon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:09 pm
Name: Camdon

Instrument: Guitar
Years Played: 2002 - Present

Instrument: Keyboard
Years: 2002 - 2004

Guitar: Peavey Rotor EXP
Amp: Crate 10 Watt
Wammy System: Don't need/want one
Pedals: Don't need/want one
Tuner: Quik Tune, but I use my ears

Style: Heavy Metal
Top 4 guitar role-models:
1 James Hetfield - Metallica
2 Jeff Hanneman - Slayer
3 Alexi Laiho - Children of Bodom
4 Joe Satriani - Soloist  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:41 pm
I'm Wordstreamer. I'm from the U.S.--Midwestern cheap area which sucks.

I play keyboard really well, and I sing. I also sing.

I'm not in a band, but mostly because there aren't that many bands that I know of in the area.

Also, I like writing the typical crappy poems, but then I put them to music which isn't bad--which I think is actually better than many things on the radio. I like writing music.  

Wordstreamer~Nifty Fairy~

Festive Fairy

darkangelsinheaven

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:27 am
hey. my names mandy....im 15. i live in the usa. i play guitar, drums, and flute.im in a band called new page. this band has been together for about 8 months. i have horses, like to draw and hang out with my friends  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:28 pm
hey.
I'm lordofthecows, as you can see. If it's to long for you, most people just say "my lord", "cow lord", or "LOTC".
I play many instruments, but mostly the trumpet, baritone, and piano.
I used to be in band, but I didn't join this year because my new school requires 250 bucks to get in. So I signed up for keyboarding, and thoroughly enjoy banging on the instruments for an hour and a half every other day.  

lordofthecows

mosieposie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:40 pm
I'm Inga and I play the Trumpet. I used to play the violin and piano too. I'm from Minnesota, U.S.A.. On Saturdays, myself and 6 others gather at my band leaders home to play because they won't let us do it at school any more because noone there would practice. Soooo... thats all! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:13 pm
I DEMAND A BASS FORUM!!!! and chippy doesnt stand a chance against DUN DUN DUN THE PORKER User Image  

Jonny Rancid

Lady_Conspiracy

Lucky Rogue

14,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Knight of Flurries 150
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:34 pm
Hey, I'm Kari or Kels, depending on what you want to call me could care less. I'm from a small town in Canada, and a huge music fan. I breath music, write and live in music. I want to go into musical theatre or broadway, and don't really have anything special about me. I love going out and just having fun with my friends i guess. There isn't really much I think would intrest you. My town is boring and I've never left for more then 4 days at a time.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:29 pm
I'm Rachel. I'm from Manhattan. I play guitar, djembe, congas, I used to play keyboard, and sometimes I'll even sing. I have no confidence in my voice, though...Anyway, I play in a funk/rock/blues/ska band at my school, and we have a gig coming up on May 6. I try to write songs, but I'm not having much luck. At least I try.

I'm really into classic rock, but I'll listen to pretty much anything. I recently got into afro-beat and some death metal. And I should be doing my history homework now... sweatdrop  

ImpracticalMind

Space_Monkee

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:59 pm
I'm Matthew, 22 years of age and currently living in Kansas and originally from Missouri. I play slide guitar, lap steel, drums, and once upon a time I played flute. I also sing a little but I doubt my ability to sing is very good *doesn't like the sound of his own voice*. I'm not in a band as it is a little difficult to find many people around these parts that listen to what I do. and what I listen to is delta blues, country-blues, british blues, country, and various kinds of rock.  
♥ Non-Music Talk

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff