Submit

Pwale

900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:02 pm
NightIntent
I've been re-reading this book, and I rememebred why I love it so much. I was wondering if anyone else here read it, and what they thought about it. It's one of my favorite books, and it's given me some interesting things to mull over. I know that some people don't like court intricacies and intrigue and fights over the throne, but I like that sort of thing. It's interesting to me. Anyone else read this book?

Oh yay! This book is one of my all-time favorites! Smith is an amazing writer. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:03 pm
She's writing a prequel to it now! I forget the name, some one-word thing. It's coming out either this fall or next spring, I can't remember. I can't wait to get it! n.n

Edit: It's out already! I have to get it the next time I go to the bookstore. Also, it's called Inda. 3nodding  

NightIntent
Captain

Pwale

900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:03 pm
NightIntent
She's writing a prequel to it now! I forget the name, some one-word thing. It's coming out either this fall or next spring, I can't remember. I can't wait to get it! n.n

Edit: It's out already! I have to get it the next time I go to the bookstore. Also, it's called Inda. 3nodding

...Drool...Must...Go...Find...Drool, drool....  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:34 pm
I LOVED (and still do) Crown Duel! Haven't read Court Duel, but my friend's going to let me borrow it soon. Isn't Sherwood Smith also the author of the Wren series?  

Ashtaye

Pwale

900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:45 pm
Ashtaye
I LOVED (and still do) Crown Duel! Haven't read Court Duel, but my friend's going to let me borrow it soon. Isn't Sherwood Smith also the author of the Wren series?

Oh, yay! I liked that one better, actually. It's so cute! It wasn't as action-fun and was more character-fun.
But the first one was still fun! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:01 pm
Oh yay! That makes me happy! I've another book to buy! -dances-  

Claudia de Lenfent

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:15 pm
Ashtaye

Yes, she did write the Wren series. I've only read the second in the series, and I don't know if I really want to read the others. It was good, but I'm not as wild about it as I am about Crown Duel. And Crown Duel is much better than Court Duel, I think. Both of them kind of get blurred together in my mind, since they're one book in the version I got.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:31 pm
I liked the Wren series better than the Crown two. Technically, I suppose the Crown books were better quality, but the Wren books were so much fun!  

Bookwyrme

Ashtaye

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:23 pm
heart I've read it! (I said I would). Thought it was awesome, and I really thought the fan language was interesting to.
I wonder what it'd be like if there was a sequel to Court Duel though...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:48 pm
NightIntent
Ashtaye

Yes, she did write the Wren series. I've only read the second in the series, and I don't know if I really want to read the others. It was good, but I'm not as wild about it as I am about Crown Duel. And Crown Duel is much better than Court Duel, I think. Both of them kind of get blurred together in my mind, since they're one book in the version I got.

I liked the Wren series best. The Duel books were actually origionally written for the Wren characters, and I REALLY wish that she'd write more of those books...The ending is just cruel.  

Pwale

900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:58 pm
Ashtaye
heart I've read it! (I said I would). Thought it was awesome, and I really thought the fan language was interesting to.
I wonder what it'd be like if there was a sequel to Court Duel though...

Well, she just wrote a prequel to it. Haven't read it yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:23 pm
I love Crown Duel! I bought the version that has both Crown Duel and Court Duel in it. I read it over and over and gave it to all my friends to read. she wrote a short story that comes after Court Duel. I believe it is in the Firebirds anthology but I'm not sure.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:17 pm
Maze353
I love Crown Duel! I bought the version that has both Crown Duel and Court Duel in it. I read it over and over and gave it to all my friends to read. she wrote a short story that comes after Court Duel. I believe it is in the Firebirds anthology but I'm not sure.

Is that the one about Mel getting pregnant, and doing magic? Or did she write another one?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:01 pm
I loved Inda. I can't wait for the next book to come out. Crown Duel was excellent, which was why I read this one. I haven't read any of Sherwood Smith's other books, although I went to her website and read some of the things she has on there. The stories she has there (well, the beginnings of them) are really good. She said she was going to turn them into books, she now I have more books to wait for.  

Kolibris

Lady Reader 2

Interesting Lunatic

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:15 am
I read it but I found that, in my opion, it was not that good. xp  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items