Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
African American Goth Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's your race?
  African american
  Caucasian
  Oriental
  Hispanic
  Other?
View Results

babykitty18

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:05 am
Icafi
I personally don't think the skin color matters in being a goth; it's more important the mind.
I've got a black friend who likes to dress goth and I don't think she looks bad (though she just dresses like that, not thinks like that...)
but black punks ROCK!! *O* they look sooo cool!!

I just want to say thank u for saying that sentence...yes we do rock woo! mrgreen and your friend thinks like what? (sry im slow in the morning lol)  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:03 pm
the strangeness
Lazarus The Resurected
the strangeness
Lazarus The Resurected
the strangeness
Lazarus The Resurected
anyway slightly off topic but not entirely. white goth rapper, your thopughts.

My thoughts? My thoughts are: that poor kid is going to get the stuffing kicked out of him unless it's all handled just right. sweatdrop

how do you figure i think somehow if i ever cut an album i can bring the goth and gangsta comunities together through a comon bond. or else destroy the entire world. either way fun times.

Well, start by not being blindingly pale. A tan would go a long way to bridge the gap. Another way is learning to break dance. Perfectly acceptable in a goth club, or on a flattened cardboard box in the ghetto. xd

As for your music and your clothing style... you'd have to figure that one out for yourself. There's got to be some happy medium. Take a look at Linkin Park, not only did they manage to bring together rock and rap, but they did it well. They not only were accepted, but they became popular.

nah i think it would shake the world more to see a full fledged goth boy kikcing his rhymes. i'm pretty much a professional s**t disturber.

Well of course it would shake the world more. You're goth! Mothers think you're the thing hiding under their children's beds at night. People will think you're a satanist and a freak. Nothing new to you obviously, but on a much larger scale.

well i am a satanist and a freakso i guess they'd be right . i might make manson mad though i'm pretty surte that's already his bit.  

Gaylord Mule 3

littlegirlrai

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:35 pm
I have no problem with African American goths. I had some friends in High School that were and they were huge amounts of awesome.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:24 am
babykitty18
MortSanglant
Based on the gothic stereotype of wearing all black, the black people have us white kids beat. xD

Anyway, who cares. You like what you like.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

But, when i use to go to a "white" school my freshman and s'more (lol) year and i would dress goth, they would label me freak of nature because i didn't hang out with the "black ppl" group nor did i hang with all the "pale-skin wanna be goths" (as many ppl called them) I just hung with who would accept me...and even those ppl had stereotypes to cast at me. stare It was hard, until i transfered to a public "black and Hispanic" school in the city area where i was accepted. There were black,white, Hispanic, Asian and middle eastern goths all rolled up and talkin to everyone! So now I'm less stereotyped.The only one who won't accept me is my own guardian...now thats a war that i can't wait for to be over... stare

I find it really interesting that you are less stereotyped in a more diverse school than in the "white" school. It's weird because a lot of people say crap like "You're trying to be white." and even the white kids look at you and have comments of their own. stare My mom and I are having those types of issues. She wants me to dress "chic" (OOOOH!! I CRINGE at the word....) and I like Victorian/Romantic goth. She gets on my friggin' nerves and she thinks "I'll grow out of it." I've never liked looking like anyone else and I've always been labeled weird anyway. So she can forget me EVER "growing out of it". I can't wait for college...... heart  

bonitachocolat

bonitachocolat

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:29 am
babykitty18
Ayame_Rikimayu
NekoYasha09er
Krypta9
I hate it when people say you're acting like a certain race. How does that make any sense at all?
And there's the whole oreo/uh-oh oreo thing...have you guys heard that? Ridiculous.

I have been called an oreo ever since 6th grade and I always say "Since when did I become a cookie.". I think it's utterly stupid to be called that.

i get that all the time too, but i don't give a damn, besides oreos are delicious so i think of it as a compliment.
and i always hear that i'm a white girl in a black girls body, which is stupid. i am not defined by what skin color i am, or my gender or any physical attributes. i am defined by who i am on the inside, and my inside has no color. actually, i think i had said this before somewhere on this guild, but it bears repeating.
so my sympathy goes out to anyone whose getting the same s**t that i am.
POWER TO THE PEOPLE.

YEA! *puts up fist* lmao heart

I get that "Oreo" thing too!! Still get it now! *Puts fist up also* WOOOT. razz  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:22 pm
srrws_knckng_on_my_wndw
babykitty18
Ayame_Rikimayu
NekoYasha09er
Krypta9
I hate it when people say you're acting like a certain race. How does that make any sense at all?
And there's the whole oreo/uh-oh oreo thing...have you guys heard that? Ridiculous.

I have been called an oreo ever since 6th grade and I always say "Since when did I become a cookie.". I think it's utterly stupid to be called that.

i get that all the time too, but i don't give a damn, besides oreos are delicious so i think of it as a compliment.
and i always hear that i'm a white girl in a black girls body, which is stupid. i am not defined by what skin color i am, or my gender or any physical attributes. i am defined by who i am on the inside, and my inside has no color. actually, i think i had said this before somewhere on this guild, but it bears repeating.
so my sympathy goes out to anyone whose getting the same s**t that i am.
POWER TO THE PEOPLE.

YEA! *puts up fist* lmao heart

I get that "Oreo" thing too!! Still get it now! *Puts fist up also* WOOOT. razz

lol i don't get the oreo thing anymore since everyone knos me now lol and thank u my sista! lmao mrgreen  

babykitty18

Forbidden Nightmare

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:44 am

{♫=♥}---»
That's sad that we still live in a racist and judgmental world... I thought that was over, but people still live in the past. :'(

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:28 am
srrws_knckng_on_my_wndw
babykitty18
MortSanglant
Based on the gothic stereotype of wearing all black, the black people have us white kids beat. xD

Anyway, who cares. You like what you like.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

But, when i use to go to a "white" school my freshman and s'more (lol) year and i would dress goth, they would label me freak of nature because i didn't hang out with the "black ppl" group nor did i hang with all the "pale-skin wanna be goths" (as many ppl called them) I just hung with who would accept me...and even those ppl had stereotypes to cast at me. stare It was hard, until i transfered to a public "black and Hispanic" school in the city area where i was accepted. There were black,white, Hispanic, Asian and middle eastern goths all rolled up and talkin to everyone! So now I'm less stereotyped.The only one who won't accept me is my own guardian...now thats a war that i can't wait for to be over... stare

I find it really interesting that you are less stereotyped in a more diverse school than in the "white" school. It's weird because a lot of people say crap like "You're trying to be white." and even the white kids look at you and have comments of their own. stare My mom and I are having those types of issues. She wants me to dress "chic" (OOOOH!! I CRINGE at the word....) and I like Victorian/Romantic goth. She gets on my friggin' nerves and she thinks "I'll grow out of it." I've never liked looking like anyone else and I've always been labeled weird anyway. So she can forget me EVER "growing out of it". I can't wait for college...... heart

I sooooo feel ur pain. Luckily im leaving for college and 2 months woo! My aunt thinks "i'll grow out of it" as well. She just doesn't kno that the more freedom u give me to dress how i want the longer i keep doing. And the more u restrict me from my dress the more i dress it and the longer. There is no getting out of it for me. 4laugh
And Forbidden Nightmare, the reason y we still have all this racist and judgement bullsh*t is cuz we still have the adults that were in that time still living and running the world! We have to wait till our generation hits for the racism, if not stop, lessen a great deal. Thats my philosophy! lol domokun 3nodding  

babykitty18

Blije

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:52 am
2.Caucasian Goths, what do -you- think of us? How would you treat us? .. Seriously I dont care, wouldnt thread you different or wouldnt think youre different or whatever people might think. Being closedminded is a waste of energy.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:14 pm
BisexualBlood

I am a black american. I suppose you could call me a Goth. I usually don't like using the "G" word since so many people get an entirely wrong idea when it is used. I do deal with some annoyances. My main annoyance would be dealing with the attitudes of some in the scene. They come up to me automatically thinking that I don't know anything (or that they know more than me) since I am black.

I get all kinds of stuff from those outside the scene. But usually it has nothing to do with me being black and more so with me being a Goth. This one isn't so much of an annoyance as it is a source of amusement. Man, I've got tons of hilarious stories. xd

O.O Pray tell, what type of stories do you get? I always find it interesting how other goths assume other goths don't know much. I especially can't stand that "Kindergoth" thing. Since when was knowledge of a subject based on age?  

bonitachocolat

babykitty18

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:05 am
srrws_knckng_on_my_wndw
BisexualBlood

I am a black american. I suppose you could call me a Goth. I usually don't like using the "G" word since so many people get an entirely wrong idea when it is used. I do deal with some annoyances. My main annoyance would be dealing with the attitudes of some in the scene. They come up to me automatically thinking that I don't know anything (or that they know more than me) since I am black.

I get all kinds of stuff from those outside the scene. But usually it has nothing to do with me being black and more so with me being a Goth. This one isn't so much of an annoyance as it is a source of amusement. Man, I've got tons of hilarious stories. xd
O.O Pray tell, what type of stories do you get? I always find it interesting how other goths assume other goths don't know much. I especially can't stand that "Kindergoth" thing. Since when was knowledge of a subject based on age?
O_o kindergoths? there are goth kindergardeners running around? damn i wish i was like that back then!!!! lmao rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:38 pm
And she thinks she has it bad.
I am Hispanic. Can actually go to spanish all goth (mostly goth) and sit there.
The hole class REALLY HATES ME. ms 13 18 and some other a** hole want to kill me for no apparent reason.  

Lifesucks411

Lifesucks411

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:42 pm
Forbidden Nightmare

{♫=♥}---»
That's sad that we still live in a racist and judgmental world... I thought that was over, but people still live in the past. :'(
I wonder when will it actually stop?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:30 am
Lifesucks411
Forbidden Nightmare

{♫=♥}---»
I wonder when will it actually stop?

forgive my unwanted pessimism, but it won't happen anytime soon. think about it.

back when our parents were our age, they had to deal with their parents narrow mindedness. that was back in an age where the hippies counterculture was considered "evil" because it went against the morals of the older, more conservative society, i mean, even Elvis was considered "wicked" when he did that little hip thing he does. and then there were so many limits placed on black people then, and thats where all the stereotypes and racism comes from. back in that time all of our parents were considered rebels.

well, its the same case today. we do things that our parents would have never done in the past. we are rebelling against the older society. i remember a family member telling a story about how his mother chastised him for listening to the blues. THE BLUES. i would have felt so bad for her if she had ever heard any of MY music. dear god. but its the same principle: the younger generation will always get crap from their elders about what they do. its a never ending cycle, i'm very sure at least HALF of you will chew out your children for doing something that you never would have done when you were younger.

what i don't understand is why parents today can't see the resemblace between us and them. sure, there was no heavy metal back in the 60's, but they got bitched at for the same things. so did their parents. so did their parents. etc. so i think our parents should lay off and let us be ourselves, because there was once a time when they wanted to be themselves but they got constant pressure from their parents to be like them. and that is my rant of the day.

Ayame_Rikimayu

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces