Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
~Tea~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

patch99329

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:36 pm
I've never used black pepper in my masala chai's before.
I'm definately going to add some next tme!!
I love lots of ginger and cinnamon in mine. smile  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:50 am
Hmm... I suddenly get the feeling I'm missing out in the tea department. Most of the tea (mostly tsaines, actually) that I've had have been the bagged "floor sweepings" variety. I once tried bottled Lipton Iced Tea, and promptly swore it off for all eternity. XP Aside from that, when we were little, there were a bunch of spearmint plants that grew wild in the backyard. So, we'd just tear up a handful of leaves, put 'em in a pitcher of water, and let it sit on the hot concrete until we got thirsty from playing outside in the ninety-degree weather. XD I'm not sure we ever got anything more that slightly minty water out of that. Prolly doesn't count.

I suddenly have the desire to try a really well-made jasmine tsaine. *loves the fragrance of jasmine flowers like water on a hot day*  

Autumnal Light

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:54 am
MoonJeli
I will try them all. I'm always looking for new teas to try.

For the Kusmi, would you recommend the "Pack of miniatures - Russian Teas" available on their site? It has 25 gr of Prince Wladimir, Anastasia, Troïka, St Pétersbourg, and Samovar. Or would you recommend a couple specifically?

I found many sites that sell the Natela Gold Standard online, but none I've ordered from before -- do you recommend any particular business?

For the Kusmi, it really depends on your taste. The pragmatic part of me suggests a sampler, but if there is a particular "essence" you like to your teas, I could narrow it down to a couple of suggestions.

For the Natela Gold Standard- I recommend this. It's the website for the place I get my tea from in Seattle and I can vouch for the quality of the tea and their rotation there.

Quote:
Would you recommend the plain ones or the ones flavored or sweetened with juice?
The plain ones are fine by my standards. I drink Wonder Drink when I'm not drinking home made. I'd try the oolong or jasmine, and if those don't suit your fancy, maybe try a fruited one before you give up completely.

Quote:
What's everyone's favorite tea paraphenalia?

I have a lovely cast iron tea pot that I just couldn't do without.
If I say all of it, will people just roll their eyes at me?

Right now I think my favorite is the plastic tea thermos. It's kind of like this.

I get the feeling that will change once I get my Gung Fu service.

As long as we're doing tea recipes, my Baba made Chiyo (anyone remember when I changed my user name to that for... what? three days or so?)

Technically Chiyo means "tea", but the drink we call Chiyo takes a mix of Russian Caravan and Earl Grey teas and pours them over dried fruit with a bit of honey.

The Indubitable Katie-Kat
I'm sorry! *hides*
Forgiven.
4laugh

mute_coyote
So, we'd just tear up a handful of leaves, put 'em in a pitcher of water, and let it sit on the hot concrete until we got thirsty from playing outside in the ninety-degree weather. XD I'm not sure we ever got anything more that slightly minty water out of that. Prolly doesn't count.
That's a tsaine. ~shrugs~

Quote:
I suddenly have the desire to try a really well-made jasmine tsaine. *loves the fragrance of jasmine flowers like water on a hot day*
Pish. Jasmine tea.  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:01 am
TeaDidikai

Technically Chiyo means "tea", but the drink we call Chiyo takes a mix of Russian Caravan and Earl Grey teas and pours them over dried fruit with a bit of honey.

Ah yes, I remeber the recipe being posted.
I never did get round to trying it. confused  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:11 am
patch99329

It's likely still around.  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:16 am
TeaDidikai
patch99329

Indeed. It is on the first page of your pathway thread. I checked. whee  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:19 am
patch99329
TeaDidikai
patch99329

Indeed. It is on the first page of your pathway thread. I checked. whee
~chuckles~  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:15 am
TeaDidikai

Right now I think my favorite is the plastic tea thermos. It's kind of like this.

I have one of those. They're made of win and awesome, since they enable me to take tea to class. heart

I do get funny looks though, and people have asked what's floating around in my drink before. >>  

Calixti

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:43 am
The Indubitable Katie-Kat
I have one of those. They're made of win and awesome, since they enable me to take tea to class. heart

I do get funny looks though, and people have asked what's floating around in my drink before. >>
I love mine for pretty much the same reason.

They also look really cool with blooming teas  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:54 am
TeaDidikai
For the Kusmi, it really depends on your taste. The pragmatic part of me suggests a sampler, but if there is a particular "essence" you like to your teas, I could narrow it down to a couple of suggestions.

I think I'm going to go for the sampler, I want to get a taste of teas that would be called "Russian". I'm really excited (I feel like such a tea dork) and bummed I'm going to have to wait until I get paid to try them.

Quote:
For the Natela Gold Standard- I recommend this. It's the website for the place I get my tea from in Seattle and I can vouch for the quality of the tea and their rotation there.

Oh, thank you. And looks like another place to visit next time I'm up there. :> Are there any other tea hot spots I should visit in Seattle that you know of? I'm up there a couple times a year, at least.

Quote:

I wouldn't roll my eyes, in fact, I'd love to have a list of all the tea stuff people own. I'm that much of a dork. Heh.

Quote:

Can anyone vouch for whether that particular one is leak-proof? I like to lug tea around in my backpack on the bus and so on.

Quote:
As long as we're doing tea recipes, my Baba made Chiyo (anyone remember when I changed my user name to that for... what? three days or so?)

Since I'll be buying some Russian Caravan soon, that sounds really really tasty. I found the recipe in your pathways post. I bet my SOs would love it as well.

I'm drooling. sweatdrop  

MoonJeli

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:51 pm
MoonJeli
I think I'm going to go for the sampler, I want to get a taste of teas that would be called "Russian". I'm really excited (I feel like such a tea dork) and bummed I'm going to have to wait until I get paid to try them.
O-Possum!

Quote:
Oh, thank you. And looks like another place to visit next time I'm up there. :> Are there any other tea hot spots I should visit in Seattle that you know of? I'm up there a couple times a year, at least.
The Perennial Tea Room is great- and there is a place at the Market that does proper Gung Fu Cha service and allows you to sample any tea you like.

Fair warning- they default to tsaines because most people don't know any better.

Ask for their Blue People, it's a lovely ginsing oolong.

The other place that comes to mind is Floating Leaves, maybe about fifteen or twenty minutes up the road.

Quote:
I wouldn't roll my eyes, in fact, I'd love to have a list of all the tea stuff people own. I'm that much of a dork. Heh.
I have a summer and winter matcha bowl, the whisk, scoop and a lovely blue caddy for the matcha itself.

I have a couple tea kettles, my standard one for group service and then some smaller ones for personal use- of which one is a copper Chinese number and another was given to me by my dear friend Carolee.

I have a lovely Silver English service set, a simple brown ceramic tea pot my Nana gave me, my thermos and several yixing ware tea pots along with some blue lotus Quiwans.

I'm looking to get my Gung Fu set for my birthday.

Quote:

Can anyone vouch for whether that particular one is leak-proof? I like to lug tea around in my backpack on the bus and so on.
Can't vouch for that specific one. The one I have is however.

Mine has a hologram in the top of a dragon, and on the front it has a plum blossom branch with some poetry in Chinese. Those ones are nearly indestructible. I've had to replace mine once and it was because I dropped it three levels down onto black top.

Quote:

Since I'll be buying some Russian Caravan soon, that sounds really really tasty. I found the recipe in your pathways post. I bet my SOs would love it as well.

I'm drooling. sweatdrop
I love it- but it can be a bit heavy. Do people want some summer recipes?  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:53 pm
TeaDidikai

Yay! Yes!

I mean..*cough* sure, whatever.  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:49 pm
patch99329
TeaDidikai

Yay! Yes!

I mean..*cough* sure, whatever.

Jasmine Tea Limeade-

An 11 oz can of frozen Limeade
2 Cans of Cold Water
2c Chilled Jasmine tea
The juice of three limes
1/3c Sugar
2t Lime Zest

Mix and enjoy.  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:09 am
TeaDidikai
The Perennial Tea Room is great- and there is a place at the Market that does proper Gung Fu Cha service and allows you to sample any tea you like.

Fair warning- they default to tsaines because most people don't know any better.

Ask for their Blue People, it's a lovely ginsing oolong.

The other place that comes to mind is Floating Leaves, maybe about fifteen or twenty minutes up the road.

:O Now that is my kind of vacation.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll just make my own tea tour. Without the Japanese hornets.

Quote:

That and the fact it was 94 degrees here today reminded me of another recipe. biggrin

Blueberry Tea Smoothie

* Black Tea of choice (again, I prefer the Assam for this recipe)
* Frozen Blueberries
* Banana
* Agave Syrup or other sweetener, if desired

Steep black tea to preference. I like it really really strong for this. Heh. It should be about two thirds of the amount of smoothie you're making; I prefer mine more liquid/tea-y, but others may prefer it thicker and with more fruit.

Put tea in blender. Add blueberries and a banana (and a little tiny bit of sweetener, if desired). Blend thoroughly.

This is a great treat for hot weather. On really hot days I chill the tea after steeping before I make the smoothie with it, so it'll be super cold.  

MoonJeli

patch99329

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:23 am
MoonJeli

Blueberry Tea Smoothie

* Black Tea of choice (again, I prefer the Assam for this recipe)
* Frozen Blueberries
* Banana
* Agave Syrup or other sweetener, if desired

Steep black tea to preference. I like it really really strong for this. Heh. It should be about two thirds of the amount of smoothie you're making; I prefer mine more liquid/tea-y, but others may prefer it thicker and with more fruit.

Put tea in blender. Add blueberries and a banana (and a little tiny bit of sweetener, if desired). Blend thoroughly.

This is a great treat for hot weather. On really hot days I chill the tea after steeping before I make the smoothie with it, so it'll be super cold.

*drool*  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces