Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Disentoxification: 33 lb! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Failure wtf?
  Yes plz
  No wai!
View Results

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:49 am
Nov 4th, nov 5th.

Yesterday I was pretty good. I didn't overeat much until I got home, and even then I ate until I was full, which is different than Sated (which is what I'm aiming for)

Nov 4th.

1hr 30 mins hard exercise.

Eating went ok. I did some election night drinking though. And I had a muffin... but I made them and they were AWESOME!

Nov 5th.

I plan on riding to the college and then depending on my time, home.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:28 pm
Didn't ride to the college, had to go into work.

Eating has been ok. I've not been eating too late at night recently (except for ferry fries last night)

I went to Vancouver for the day to go to an info night about the Midwifery program, and it was FANTASTIC! I'm SO happy about my chosen career. I'm thinking that in the mean time I'm going to work on becoming a Doula, which is a person that helps during labor, and postpartum with the needs of the mother and the transition of the baby into the family.

I've been good about eating today. I hope to ride up to the college.  

Lady Schist

Starlurk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:47 pm
I'm so happy that you've found a career for yourself! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:12 pm
I cry rain for not biking to work today, I intend to go on a run later after work though. ._.  

Lady Schist

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:20 pm
Sunday I got called in to work, biked home.

Today, I had a pancake (of a set I made) with peanut butter and raisins with bananna flax and applesauce... it was so heavy and wonderful. ^^ It kept me going all day. I had a cup of soup and a few cups of coffee. All was well.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:22 pm
Wow that sounds really yummy. heart  

Starlurk

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:08 pm
Starlurk
Wow that sounds really yummy. heart

Thank you! The soup was a southwestern black bean!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:31 am
Welp. I rode to work and back yesterday. On the way there, it was fairly wet, my hair was soaked and my bike (which doesn't have fenders or whatever they're called) got my butt very wet. On the way back, I have never been so wet in my entire life. I was soaked. All of me. ._.

Everything would have been great but I ate a whole bunch last night. Like. Overboard on the salt and s**t. It was bad. I need to get popcorn so I don't go crazy like that anymore.  

Lady Schist

Starlurk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:39 am
I found Act II 100 calorie popcorn packs (they don't have any transfat which is a big + for me) They're really nifty cause they fill me up quick. 3nodding

That's great about your bike! The best thing about enjoying a miserable bike ride in the rain is the great hot shower you can have afterwards!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:23 am
I airpop and put olive oil and Nutritional Yeast on my popcorn, it's probably more fattening but it's so freaking good.

For today, Rode to work again, I alllmost didn't but at this point I don't even want to take the bus. I'm literally just happier when I'm being really active. Tomorrow? Yoga and a bikeride home. : D

I rode home, should have made proper food but I ate a bag of chips and a coconut bar. That was silly.  

Lady Schist

Starlurk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:53 am
Your popcorn sounds good biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:58 am
Most people hear 'yeast' and run away screaming.

So far, I'm at 221ish. I know I had a bad few weeks and gained some weight back but I'm slowly approaching the weight I was when I started this. ._. I had a bad summer.

Although, I might also add that my bathroom scale says I'm lighter than my wiifit. My bathroom scale says I'm at 219 but it's rarely accurate... But I know my Wiifit is supposed to be more accurate, but it's on a carpet, and though it has carpet feet I'm not sure it isn't saying I'm heavier than I am.

Either way, I go with the wiifit.

Today, I rode downtown, walked UP to my yoga class, did yoga, walked down to have a half pita at the camel, took the bus to work, and rode home. I have eaten WELL today! I'm SO proud of myself!  

Lady Schist

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:03 am
im proud of you too! whee  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:32 pm
way to go!!!

on the wiifit measurements, carpet will make you heavier, and so will elevation. aka, if you aren't on the ground floor. It's weird, but it's really all to do with gravity. I've tested it. I way about 1 and 1/2 lbs heavier upstairs then i do downstairs. weeeeiiiirrrrddd~!

yay gravity... wait i mean bad gravity.

but anyway MUCHO congrats on making it back down. I'm working on that too so i feel your pain.  

Soi Tsuba

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:19 pm
I'm back logging what I eat.

Breakfast was technically 2 tbsp of ground flax in water, I was really strapped for time so I threw some instant oatmeal in my bag thinking "I'll eat it at work! : D" The reality was more like this. gonk

I bonked on the way to work, it's a 6 km ride, and it's not so bad, but I was like... REALLY tired. A) it's my monday and I hadn't rode my bike anywhere for a few days. (I went up to see my parents instead). So I got a little more than half way, just to the top of the incline, and I just.. well. I nearly fell off my bike. What Bonking is, is a hypoglycemic event brought on by not eating before exercise.

I didn't have anything in my system because I hadn't eaten late at night the day before, so there was that, and then I didn't eat before my ride. So you've got no calories to run on in your system and your body starts consuming fat. But it's BAD. It's NOT good, every time I hear stupid twits talking about how good it is not to eat before exercise, I want to strangle them. If I'd been going through an intersection or crossing the highway (even worse) I could have easily been hit by a car or run into one myself. It's DANGEROUS.

So I was pretty incoherent and thought I was going to throw up AND wanted to eat the pavement at the same time. I've heard of marathon'ers licking candy wrappers for the calories. I grabbed some of my bean stuff for toast and ate a bit of that before I remembered I had a soy mocha tetrapack (so good!) and so I drank that and felt better. But really all in all I was out for almost ten minutes, and that time passed REALLY fast. Like. You're SO out of it when you bonk. And I'm pissed because it happened because I was stupid.

Also. Very unfit. Proper cyclists talk about bonking three hours into a six hour ride. Buh. I'll get better.

So anyway. Today I've had,
Breakfast
Flax water
Bonk so good soy milk.
Instant oatmeal with dried goji berries and hemp hearts.
Lunch
Half a cuccumber, (more like two thirds)
A bell pepper,
A mini bag of chips (yeah, they're some hawaiian kind you can get in vending machines here)
Black beans with salsa onions and garlic/bits of rice and bell peppers on toast (two slices)
Part of a stick of Celery (the rest went into supper)
Supper
Quinioa with spinach, onions, and peas.
Two large squares of dark chocolate

I don't know if what I'm eating is too much but it feels like enough, I ride 12 km three to four times a week I'd like to add too.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff