Welcome to Gaia! ::

::;Eminent SasuNaru/ NaruSasu love::;

Back to Guilds

Read the title (Kind of like, a Slash Paradise) 

Tags: SasuNaru, NaruSasu, Naruto, Debates, Discussions 

Reply SasukexNaruto, NarutoxSasuke Discussion
Debate: Meaning of Love Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DeficientLoser

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:13 pm
FishStick85
Hm... I think this is a very interesting discussion. I might even feel a bit compelled to express my own opinions on the subject... 3nodding

I believe that, yes, love is genderless. But, as some of us agree, your emotional and physical background may have an influence on which gender you supposedly "prefer". Then again, if we think about it... many gay people have been raised by parents that are strictly against homosexuality, in environments that reflect the same negative perspective of it. This might be something to think about. I don't know. (And it's also true that no matter how unacceptable it may be in society, there will still be homosexual people.)

At the same time, I believe that you ultimately have little control over who you love. (Physical attraction is a whole different story.) I also believe that, if it is not really true love, it may be possible for the feelings to subside with a little persuasion... but if you really, truly love someone - for the person themself - in the romantic sense, it's impossible to just will it away. It's illogical sometimes, even. Once I heard it explained as such: "This is love we're talking about here, not the flu!" So... even if the love is unrequited, it may be impossible to stop loving someone on a whim. For me, if your feelings can be changed that quickly and easily, you're not really in love with the person.

As for what makes a gay person straight and what makes a straight person gay... it may be that a person can have a fundamental preference and still have one or more exceptions to that boundary. An example would be Naruto, who had/has a crush on Sakura and is definitely attracted to the opposite gender (correct me if I'm wrong on this... I honestly haven't read very far into the manga!) while still displaying such a deep emotional connection to Sasuke. I mean, really. If what they have isn't love, even in its most dysfunctional form in the history of the world, then I don't know what love is.

In conclusion... love is weird. It's like a force of nature, really... uncontrollable, unstoppable, and unyielding.

And I agree wholeheartedly that the word "love" is thrown around far too much. It's frustrating sometimes. But we all have a different way of perceiving it, experiencing it, poking fun at it... which naturally causes it to be thrown around and used in a ton of different ways.

Woo, end of mah huge honkin' rant. xd Sorry. That was practically an essay. I could use this for English, for shame!
Wow...I think I'm going to steal everything you've just said and put it for my essay tomorrow xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:45 am
Mika_chann
FishStick85
Hm... I think this is a very interesting discussion. I might even feel a bit compelled to express my own opinions on the subject... 3nodding

I believe that, yes, love is genderless. But, as some of us agree, your emotional and physical background may have an influence on which gender you supposedly "prefer". Then again, if we think about it... many gay people have been raised by parents that are strictly against homosexuality, in environments that reflect the same negative perspective of it. This might be something to think about. I don't know. (And it's also true that no matter how unacceptable it may be in society, there will still be homosexual people.)

At the same time, I believe that you ultimately have little control over who you love. (Physical attraction is a whole different story.) I also believe that, if it is not really true love, it may be possible for the feelings to subside with a little persuasion... but if you really, truly love someone - for the person themself - in the romantic sense, it's impossible to just will it away. It's illogical sometimes, even. Once I heard it explained as such: "This is love we're talking about here, not the flu!" So... even if the love is unrequited, it may be impossible to stop loving someone on a whim. For me, if your feelings can be changed that quickly and easily, you're not really in love with the person.

As for what makes a gay person straight and what makes a straight person gay... it may be that a person can have a fundamental preference and still have one or more exceptions to that boundary. An example would be Naruto, who had/has a crush on Sakura and is definitely attracted to the opposite gender (correct me if I'm wrong on this... I honestly haven't read very far into the manga!) while still displaying such a deep emotional connection to Sasuke. I mean, really. If what they have isn't love, even in its most dysfunctional form in the history of the world, then I don't know what love is.

In conclusion... love is weird. It's like a force of nature, really... uncontrollable, unstoppable, and unyielding.

And I agree wholeheartedly that the word "love" is thrown around far too much. It's frustrating sometimes. But we all have a different way of perceiving it, experiencing it, poking fun at it... which naturally causes it to be thrown around and used in a ton of different ways.

Woo, end of mah huge honkin' rant. xd Sorry. That was practically an essay. I could use this for English, for shame!
Wow...I think I'm going to steal everything you've just said and put it for my essay tomorrow xd

Wow. XD I'm flattered! Is that a good thing or a bad thing?  

Fishiesinthesky

Mewling Lunatic

11,050 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cool Cat 500

DeficientLoser

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:48 pm
FishStick85
Mika_chann
FishStick85

Lol. Your welcome. Don't worry, my exam was asking me about how characters influence one another.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:22 pm
Mika_chann
FishStick85
Mika_chann
FishStick85

Lol. Your welcome. Don't worry, my exam was asking me about how characters influence one another.

Ah, okay! I see now. 3nodding Well, I guess I'm glad to be of help, then.  

Fishiesinthesky

Mewling Lunatic

11,050 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cool Cat 500

Gamexrocks
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:01 am
FishStick85

Everything you said was well thought of. Good job!^-^

I agree, love is weird. From my standards, love is just there. Or lust is. Usually, lust is often mistaken for love. I mean, it's so rare for anyone to actually love each other now. Feel any affection, without being too scared of soicety. So, love is always just in the shadows of lust.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:38 am
gamexrocks- So, basically you're saying, love is fake. Everyone just feels lust and not love.  

AraiHito
Crew

StrawBerry_Eve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:14 pm
Maa~ you hit a really touchy, not to mention confusing & deep, subject, GamexRocks.

Maa~ the meaning of love... well, first off, love is love, doesn't matter who exactly you have emotional or sexual feelings for. Got that? Hope so.

To me, the meaning of love is this. The inability to be content without the person you're most content with. Let's just put it simply like that, okay? ^^ Naruto & Sasuke are the same, I feel, for we all know that Naruto is the one to put the most joy in our not-so-happy Sasuke, and the same goes for Sasuke to Naruto. It's too obvious, really.

As a child, I think that as long as you are happy with the person that makes you happiest, there is no need for sex at all. And you know what? That's coming from a very perverted girl who has dreams of people doing eachother. xDDD

And NO. I honestly don't think people go more towards sex than feelings. We'd just be like a hoard of bunnies then [if you know what I mean]. Love is probably the most controversial & most beautiful thing in this universe. If we just vouched to sex, than that would not only be a mockery to the meaning of love [which has plenty of meanings to begin with], but it'd be a shame. Probably more worse than 4KIDS!. Just a sham to us all.

*sigh* Well, I hope I helped contribute my point of view to this debate. ^^"" Lol, make whatever you want of this reply of mine. ^^

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:22 pm
Mika_chann
FishStick85

Damn, that's good!!! I'm jealous. xDDD I think I'll use this for a bit of "inspiration". ^^ Thanks for typing up what you felt. -^^-  

StrawBerry_Eve

DeficientLoser

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:07 pm
StrawBerry_Eve
Maa~ you hit a really touchy, not to mention confusing & deep, subject, GamexRocks.

Maa~ the meaning of love... well, first off, love is love, doesn't matter who exactly you have emotional or sexual feelings for. Got that? Hope so.

To me, the meaning of love is this. The inability to be content without the person you're most content with. Let's just put it simply like that, okay? ^^ Naruto & Sasuke are the same, I feel, for we all know that Naruto is the one to put the most joy in our not-so-happy Sasuke, and the same goes for Sasuke to Naruto. It's too obvious, really.

As a child, I think that as long as you are happy with the person that makes you happiest, there is no need for sex at all. And you know what? That's coming from a very perverted girl who has dreams of people doing eachother. xDDD

And NO. I honestly don't think people go more towards sex than feelings. We'd just be like a hoard of bunnies then [if you know what I mean]. Love is probably the most controversial & most beautiful thing in this universe. If we just vouched to sex, than that would not only be a mockery to the meaning of love [which has plenty of meanings to begin with], but it'd be a shame. Probably more worse than 4KIDS!. Just a sham to us all.

*sigh* Well, I hope I helped contribute my point of view to this debate. ^^"" Lol, make whatever you want of this reply of mine. ^^
Damn, yours is good too xd  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:27 pm
StrawBerry_Eve

Ahaha. I don't know whether to be flattered or insulted? O.o Well, no matter xD

Yes, indeed. Love is love. But then. how does Sex fit into all of this? Love to me is a feeling towards your special someone. And some says, Sex is deepens your bond with each other. I agree, Sex is, a mockery of love. If people actually state that. "Sex" is love. Than obviously, you don't feel any feelings at all to your love one. And that the whole meaning of love just vanished.

Haha! 4kids are bad xD But not worse than Wal-Mart! Damn, people using immigrants for their advantage.  

Gamexrocks
Captain

Gamexrocks
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:29 pm
Zubora
gamexrocks- So, basically you're saying, love is fake. Everyone just feels lust and not love.
Some do and some don't. It all depends on each individuals.

If people are manipulated by the fact that Love is "Sex" than obviously, all the care about is just being laid. Since, the whole world today, is based on sexual activities. Especially, the media. But we can't all blame the media. Just, their strange opinion...

And I'm just stating the fact that, people usually put lust instead of love. Love is always pushed aside.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:33 pm
Mika_chann
StrawBerry_Eve

Maa~ really? I thought it was slighly crappy. But thankies. xD  

StrawBerry_Eve

StrawBerry_Eve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:47 pm
Gamexrocks
StrawBerry_Eve

Ahaha. I don't know whether to be flattered or insulted? O.o Well, no matter xD

Yes, indeed. Love is love. But then. how does Sex fit into all of this? Love to me is a feeling towards your special someone. And some says, Sex is deepens your bond with each other. I agree, Sex is, a mockery of love. If people actually state that. "Sex" is love. Than obviously, you don't feel any feelings at all to your love one. And that the whole meaning of love just vanished.

Haha! 4kids are bad xD But not worse than Wal-Mart! Damn, people using immigrants for their advantage.

You should be flattered. xD You picked a good topic, and one of the most puzzling questions ever.

Yep. I totally agree with you. Some people do feel that way, sadly. Sex, in reality, nowadays, at least, does deepen a relationship. But I would never consider it has the same effect as your true feelings toward that person does. If your love life was only filled with lust, no emotion whatsoever, then that'd be pretty empty. I don't think it would be as wonderful than the emotional level of it all.

Thank you. I needed to hear that from somebody. xD Maa~ I've heard many people complain about Wal-Mart, but I don't understand why. xDDD Oh, I think I get why, nevermind.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:48 pm
StrawBerry_Eve
Mika_chann
StrawBerry_Eve

Your welcome.

Well, you know what people say. No body is the hardest critic but yourself.  

DeficientLoser

StrawBerry_Eve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:52 am
Mika_chann
StrawBerry_Eve
Mika_chann
StrawBerry_Eve

Your welcome.

Well, you know what people say. No body is the hardest critic but yourself.

I guess that's true. ^^ That makes me slightly relieved.

Maa~ I think this is a stupid question, but, has anyone in this guild ever heard of www.narutoyaoi.com? It's a good website. But it's in Spanish, so, yea.
If you're not into hardcore yaoi, I reccomend going to the Shounen-Ai section ONLY. Everywhere else needs a bit of discretion, I suppose. xD

SasukexNaruto, NarutoxSasuke Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff