Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Orks orks orks and more orks! [PROJECT! Picture heavy] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:47 pm
The launcher is his oversized six-shoota (ork revolver, often only carry six shots and therefore called six-shoota, appeared in GorkaMorka)

A yoof is a young ork, probably newly hatched from his spored fungus, teenage orks so to say, they've been around since GorkaMorka.

In 40K itself there's yoofs as well fluff-wise, but they're normal orks in all respects with the rules and they're mostly part of the Storm Boyz, young rebellious orks often join the Storm Boy ranks. :B  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:27 am
I'm going to post some updated pictures later today, I swapped his hand completely into a bigger one since it lookded a bit weedy, and I thought it would look bad with a bigger hand, but this proved me wrong.

And I ditched the six-shoota idea, instead I used the kombi shoota from the nob himself, I am not sure if I want it to be a kombi-scorcha or not, time will tell.

I concider giving him a headswap as well, but I'm not too sure, I can't decide if I want to go for;

Light Cybork Head (The current Meganob head)

Cybork Head (Mad Dok Grotsnik's head)

Full Cybork Head (Made it myself from an epic gargant's head and an Iron Gob from the plastic boyz)

I'll try to get some shots showing you them.

I also removed his bosspole and added a small power pack onto his back, just need to add some greenstuff to a part.

Edit: No pictures since I got a bit busy when I got home...

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:45 pm
Primed!

But I'm concidering giving him a bath of break fluid so that I can give him a new undercoat of GW spraypaint, I wasn't too fond of the Armypainter one.

I also changed his 6-shoota into a kombi-rokkit instead, and added the powerpack but took one from a skaven warplock.

User Image

User Image

User Image

I'm also thinking of swapping his head, but it's not likely since the current one gives him the feel I want, but here are the suggestions I have.

User Image

User Image

And one I've been sculpting on the past 4 days.

User Image

User Image

User Image

I still need to fix his chins and his jaw and add the ears and perhaps try to smoothen out some parts.

And finally this is my Necromunda ork Nob, using the rules from an ork forum.

User Image

He's a simple conversion, using the body of a plastic Nob, a Loota head with added greenstuff to make his head bigger and fit better with the body, small bags attached to his armour, a Mekboy arm with a slugga, a bag of stikkbombz on his back and a knife on his belt from the plastic Black Orcs.  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:51 am
I like the first 'ead choice. Though I dont see anything wrong with the one he has on.  

Dragonzealot

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:50 pm
He will keep the first headchoice, I've already started painting him (got his teef, eye, bionik eye, piercings, claws and skin done).

I'll get some updated pictures when I'm less lazy.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:20 pm
I love the look of the Necromunda ork  

BloodyMary76

Witty Conversationalist

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:38 am
I like him too. :B

And I like the rules for the GorkaMorka orks even more (fan made, based on GorkaMorka orks and the current codex).

This sweetie is good in single combat and multiple combats, all I can say is "stikkbombz are fun in combat..." ;D <3  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:39 pm
Some PIP Warboss and a finished Warboss.

Enjoy.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

C&C are welcome.  

Shinobi_8745

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:29 pm
The skin I love, but the metallics, especially on the arm, are a bit weaker. Referring to the second model, of course.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:59 am
I belive it's the shinyness from the ink that makes that look like it looks. o:

Looks like matte darkened sotted metal when you hold the mini itself.

Maybe a matte varnish could tone it down.  

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:41 am
First finished Meganob.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:39 am
One piece of advice would be to paint the tips of the bolts in a lighter colored metal, show that the ends are worn a little more.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:46 am
That I've already done... o 3o

It's just me that don't know how to work out my camera to really get all colours in the pictures as they should be... D:

Like the skull on the helmet, it's supposed to be more bleached-bone-ish than white...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:35 am
Painted another two Manz~

Individual pictures will be up sometime in the future.

I also added checks to the bosspole which isn't a bosspole and flames to the shoota.

User Image

User Image  

Shinobi_8745

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:02 pm
Your models give me this great image of a warboss supervising the painting of a Gargant... Not sure why, maybe the pristinely painted squares that don't seem like they'd come from Ork hands. xd  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff