Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:40 am
You can shoot down transport helicopters and gunships, blow up cars, APC's and tanks, what more is there?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:27 am
Lt. Brookman
You can shoot down transport helicopters and gunships, blow up cars, APC's and tanks, what more is there?

Yeah, but its a bit of Mercenaries thats still in me.
Blowin' up crap from 20ft away, not 100 yards...
Runnin' up to vehicles and placing C4 on them...only get to do that 3 times, maybe!  

Father Joe

Andreis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:09 am
That is beyond the realms of call of duty.

CoD attempts to be realistic while not sucking the fun out of a non-realistic world.

Running up to an armed vehicle and being able to plant C4 on it without being spotted is hard.
Then try getting away without getting shot in a safe distance to detonate the C4 without dieing from explosion, shrapnel, or incoming fire.

SO when that happens call of duty, you generally have to do a lot of sneaking. And in campaign that involves pre-set areas that are "best" for said things.

If you want mercenaries.. play mercenaries!
xD  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:16 am
Andreis
That is beyond the realms of call of duty.

CoD attempts to be realistic while not sucking the fun out of a non-realistic world.

Running up to an armed vehicle and being able to plant C4 on it without being spotted is hard.
Then try getting away without getting shot in a safe distance to detonate the C4 without dieing from explosion, shrapnel, or incoming fire.

SO when that happens call of duty, you generally have to do a lot of sneaking. And in campaign that involves pre-set areas that are "best" for said things.

If you want mercenaries.. play mercenaries!
xD

If you want to plant C-4 on things the game to play is Battefeild 2 nothing stops a M-1 Tank like a satchel charge. What really fun is the camp the Helicopter and put C-4 on it. Wait till they take of and boom!  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:03 pm
Ah yes, the Battlefield games. Everybody tells me to get them, I get them, they're crap and I'm wrong and those people are right.

Call of Duty is fun because it touches on realism but doesn't punish you with overly realistic game play, I'm looking at you Operation Flashpoint! Battlefield on the other hand is all about the vehicles, as the infantry don't stand a gentle caressing chance in ******** as to survive longer than five minutes without resorting to extreme hide and seek.

I am looking forward to Mercs 2 though, I never played the first game, but seeing as the sequel will be coming out for the 360, a must have then.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:16 pm
Lt. Brookman
Ah yes, the Battlefield games. Everybody tells me to get them, I get them, they're crap and I'm wrong and those people are right.

Call of Duty is fun because it touches on realism but doesn't punish you with overly realistic game play, I'm looking at you Operation Flashpoint! Battlefield on the other hand is all about the vehicles, as the infantry don't stand a gentle caressing chance in ******** as to survive longer than five minutes without resorting to extreme hide and seek.

I am looking forward to Mercs 2 though, I never played the first game, but seeing as the sequel will be coming out for the 360, a must have then.

Mercs 1 was great, but the enviroment got a little dull after playing for a few days, just because the whole country was, well, pretty much the same.

Ah, we finally got RB6: Vegas! You have it, right Brookman?  

BloodyMary76

Witty Conversationalist

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:07 am
For a while I used to play this free online FPS called War Rock. It had the infantry and the tanks made infantry rather obsolete in and of themselves. However, what I ended up doing is becoming a sniper and sneaking up to a nice location, then sniping them before they could get to their vehicles after they'd die. twisted

However, I was a more 'realistic' sniper, as that I'd only take shots that I knew I could take, which would conserve ammo and do less to give away my position. Everyone was more concerned with getting in tanks and blowing stuff up than trying to find me anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:11 am
Sgt_OBrien
Lt. Brookman

Mercs 1 was great, but the enviroment got a little dull after playing for a few days, just because the whole country was, well, pretty much the same.

Ah, we finally got RB6: Vegas! You have it, right Brookman?
Damn straight I have it, now we can cook with gas. burning_eyes  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Father Joe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:24 pm
Lt. Brookman

What were ya cooking with before?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:50 pm
Did you guys hear about Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 this March?  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

BloodyMary76

Witty Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:10 pm
Father Joe
Lt. Brookman

Propane.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:46 pm
[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]
Did you guys hear about Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 this March?
Yeah, woohoo! Good combat paired with a mediocre story ftw.

Sgt_OBrien
Father Joe
Lt. Brookman

Propane.
And that black lumpy coal that charred the hell out of my meat.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:13 pm
I think I might check out that Frontlines: Fuel of War game. Looks like your stock military shooter, but it has some neat gadgets in it.
But I think I'll be set with Mass Effect for a while.
I've done something like 12 hours on it, and I've only completed the Citadel, Feros, and Noveria. Mac, is there more beyond Virmire cause I'm scared to go there cause I don't want to trigger the end.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:55 pm
You need to tear-a** from system to system and travel a lot of elevators in the Citadel to get the other side missions. You'll also need to go to Luna for a prestige class mission.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:26 am
Lt. Brookman
You need to tear-a** from system to system and travel a lot of elevators in the Citadel to get the other side missions. You'll also need to go to Luna for a prestige class mission.

I completed Luna before I went to Feros. I already completed a big part of the side quests on the Citadel, the only one that I haven't done is bugging the C-Sec air traffic room, the fan, and and I haven't found the last keeper.
I like the adept class alot, but I think that when I start a new game I will be a soldier, I really like kicking a** with the pistol and shotgun (whoo marksman and carnage!) and I think the assault rifle will be sweet.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff