Welcome to Gaia! ::

The RPS Guild: Dungeon Crawls For All

Back to Guilds

The RPS Guild is for RPing using the simply-named Roleplaying System (RPS) to manage combat. 

Tags: Role Play, Fantasy, Dungeon, Adventure, System 

Reply RPS Guild
The first DM discussion thread.(Current topic:Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:44 pm
wow...ok, I missed a lot eek

I do have one thing to add about the organizations...I like the idea of being able to "level up" within an organization and gain new benefits for each tier. The "Make" ability would be a great 1st tier benefit. There is a particular benefit I would really like to see, particularly in the Summoner and Elite type organizations (or any organization that centers around an ability that is impossible to level up); the ability to add levels to stats that are otherwise impossible to level up (such as the summon monsters and special attacks). As high tier benefit, they might not be too broken and would allow for expansion. The difficulty to obtain them would offset their benefit and keep them from being too bogus.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:18 pm
OK well Fargore, you seem to have all of this stuff about organizations pretty much figured out. So we are pretty much just waiting to find out what the rest of the current organizations will offer as far as abilities go.

Anything else you would like us to dicuss specifically to help you out, or is it more of a waiting game now?  

DM of Death

FARGORE
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:39 pm
I think perrian is just about on the ball as far as getting kicked out of the organizations go’s and I think I like L.A.V.’s idea about making it so that the idem creation is the first thing you get and the abilities can start to come later as you gain rank. So three points I want discussed right now and hopefully by the time we are done with them we can fully release the near feature.

1. Should we have it so the item creation is the first thing you get from an organization? Or the creation and ability and you can get more abilities later as a reward.

2. I was thinking of the possibility of sect only quests. Your sect go’s on a quest as a sect and at the end instead of getting CP for it you actually get a sect ability that your whole sect gets. Just adding a title does not seem like it may be enough but giving the sect abilities away is over powered. This way you can further define your sect and have sects within the same group different. And make there be a point to joining a certain characters sect. The counter measure to this is that if you are just part of the original organization you can do solo missions for it and improve your standing with the individual org (and get individual abilities). So you could not be on a solo org quest and a sect org quest at the same time. Do you want individual work and advancement or team? If you join a sect that already has abilities then you get them, but they have to let you in. (boy that’s a lot) Feedback please.

3. The other thing has to do with the item creation. I think the concept is good and all but the only thing I see right now that is bad as the creations that allow you to make things that get expended (potions and tokens) as compared to things that stay for good (items pets). The expended things can be made more because they can be used then remade. And they are more useful to the maker because they can always be using and recreating the items. And how often is a character really going to need to make themselves a new sword or pet. Not very often and the expendable items could be sold more often as well. Any ideas of how to balance this out? (One suggestion, make it so that all org’s have the ability to make one expendable and none expendable item?)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:13 pm
I'll give feedback on all three of your points, Fargore. I will use your numbers so you know which I'm giving feedback about.

1. I think item creation should be the first thing you get from an organization. But just curious, would this include spells or would spell making be a different category?

2. I think it's a good idea to have sect quests. The sect could get some points for each quest done to spend on a new ability. For example: A sect could spend 2 points to be able to gain the ability _________. Some abilities might even be able to help the group. For example, one ability could be that everyone in the sect gains regen 1, or gets +1 magic, etc.

3. For item building, I think it should go this way. Each person can make 1 nonexpendable item and about 3 expendable items. Once they run out of their points to make stuff, they would have to do a sect quest to gain more points. Also, depending on if the item is expendable or not could determine how much items you would need to make, how expensive the items are, and how long it would take to be finish being made.  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:26 pm
Well I think people might be making multiple items and at least pets so they can bring different ones to a dungeon based on needs. Permanent items will obviously be harder to make so allot fewer of them will be made. Also peppermint items will sell for a lot more then expendables so that might balance out as well. I feel some of these things might have to be put into play an tweaked as gamers begin to play around with them. Perhaps making items should be leveled. New members can only make a certain level of items while higher up members can make more powerful items. As for new comers into an organization I belive abilities should have to be earned just as they did by the older members. Then again if there are one one or two organizations wide abilities it might not be that bad.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:16 pm
Ok I was going to post all the organization stats tonight but it’s getting too late and I have training tomorrow. I will almost definitely post the rest tomorrow night. For now here is what I have. Note that Tokens are going to be changed so that you can only normally use one + one more for every point you spend one Tokens (anyone can get this), thus the Token creators ability for holding more of them. As you can see the number of skills is not even. If one is short feel free to make suggestions so I can add them.

When you do quests for organizations you get 2CP that can be spent on normal or org abilities. For every 4CP (or 2 quests) you complete you gain one rank in the org. This way you are not stuck with the one abilities that the org gives but instead get to choose what you get and it keeps the same structure and advancement as the rest of the guild.

Council: holds the key of order. Equip Defense and protection based.
Item: Council badge: E1, nullify one normal attack each round
Make: defense items

Skills
Protect: CP1, prevent 2 damage of any type to any other character per a combat per a CP in this skill.
Potion +2: CP1, +2 slots on potion belt, can only be purchased once.
Throw Weapon: CP2, use an equipped item that only has bonus to attack, gain 3x its normal bonus for one attack, the item is not usable for the rest of this combat.
Guardian: CP 4, any damage reduction available to the character (combat die for defense, abilities and ext.) using this skill can be transferred over to another party member each round of combat. The type of damage reduced does not change.

Church of the Divine Mother: Holds the key of faith. Buff and Support based.
Item: Spell Heal
Make: potions

Skills
Buff Support: CP1, at the beginning of combat increase any stat (excluding life and equip) for any one other character by the number of points you have in this ability till end of combat.
Transfer Life: CP2, every round you can transfer any amount of life you wish to any number of players. The life you transfer must still be available at the end of the round (you cannot transfer life you would have lost during that round of combat) and you cannot reduce your own life to less than 1.
Divine shield: CP 2, for every one MP you use place a divine shield charge on any one other character. The charge will completely stop all damage dealt to the character from the next source of damage.

Token Creators: Holds the summoner key. Token and Creation based.
Item: Mist Beast Token (Die c 3/3)
Make: tokens

Skills
Quick Clone: CP 1, duplicate a token out on the field under your control for one round (ability can be used one time per a quest per a point in ability)
Sacrifice Creature: CP4, destroy a token you have out to gain its CP worth of MP and AP mixed anyway you choose.
Convert: CP 1, turn a monster you defeated into a token, the total CP worth of monsters that can be transformed this way per a quest is equal to your CP in this ability.
Loyalty: CP 6, all tokens under your control can block normal attacks aimed against you once a round (per a token).
Token Belt: CP 1, you may carry to more tokens. Only purchasable once.  

FARGORE
Captain

FARGORE
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:36 pm
I’m really sorry but I have to go to bed, I posted in my two dungeons but I don’t have time to finish up the last organizations. I had to work right up until bed time and I have to get up early for more work. I will with some luck post the rest of them tomorrow. For now I could use a suggestion for a skill for the church.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:43 pm
How about the ability to cure status affects?

(CP 2) Touch of Faith: Once per round, you may remove any status affect from a member of your party. This effect takes place at the end of the round.

I know we don't have many status effects yet, but it could become potentially more useful over time. It could also be converted into a white magic type spell.  

Master of Gladiators

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:54 pm
Or here is another idea:

(CP 2)Pass the Healing
For every health you heal on yourself or others with abilities not including this one, heal one other person half of that amount.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:50 pm
Master of Gladiators
How about the ability to cure status affects?

(CP 2) Touch of Faith: Once per round, you may remove any status affect from a member of your party. This effect takes place at the end of the round.

I know we don't have many status effects yet, but it could become potentially more useful over time. It could also be converted into a white magic type spell.

You should probably specify that it would remove negative status effects. mrgreen And as fare as I know the only ones in that catagory are Stun and that Poison spell whitch I don't think has been released yet. Are there more that I don't know about? confused  

Firu Nicorusu

Master of Gladiators

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:53 pm
Yes, those are both valuable points to make. However, I believe their are 7 spells within the Necromancy School that carry potential Negative status affects; and who's to say there won't be more given time. I agree it's not immediately valuable, but I prefer to look at the long term. I hope that clears up some of my reasoning.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:22 am
If you could only have a limited number of tokens now, can we change the fact that you can only have one of each token?

That seems fair doesn't it?

I mean, if you are going to limit the amount, then you should allow some more flexibility in the choosing of tokens then.

Thats just my opinon anyway, and if they are going under the knife, then perhaps other changes can be made as well.

I know I'm not supposed to post here, but I thought this was important enough to bring to your attention.

OTHER NOTES:
Convert: You might want to make it able to covert 2cp for every 1cp put into it, because really, it won't even be servicable as an ability untill atleast 6cp are put into it... That alot of CP just for that too... I mean, if quests didn't take 1-2months, then it might be ok, but it has only a little bit of bang for alot of buck if you know what I'm saying.

Throw Weapon: Since its the Guardians, a defensive group, make it Throw Item: deals damage equal to x2 Equip value. Unusable for rest of combat (If weapon, do x3 damage).
That way, it's more versitile for the Sheild defender type. They can throw the shield captian america style!  

-A M P-

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:11 am
You have made some good points, Gerbo. I think Fargore isn't limiting the number, but I think the ability Token Belt is going to allow players to hold multiple tokens of the same type.

I do agree with Gerbo that 1 CP per 1 CP might be too little. Most of the monsters, like imp and goblin patroller, have 6 cp. Those are two of the weakest monsters and the would require that skill to have 6 cp spent on it, which is 3 quests. Each quest takes about 1-2 months, sometimes longer or shorter. So in about half a year you'll be able to take a goblin patroller or an imp as a token. Fargore, you might want to change the ability to:

Convert: CP 1, turn a monster you defeated into a token, the total CP worth of monsters that can be transformed this way per a quest is equal to double of your CP in this ability.

This would allow a person to be able to take a imp or a goblin patroller with only 3 cp used in this ability instead of 6 cp, making it more possible for this ability to be useful.

Here are some abilities that are like throw weapon, since everybody isn't a pure going to have a weapon to throw around:

Throw Shield: CP2, use an equipped item that only has bonus to defense, deal damage x2 of the normal bonus to selected target, the item is not usable for the rest of this combat.

Throw Magical Item: CP2, use an equipped item that only has a bonus to magic, deal magic damage x2 of the normal bonus to selected target, the item is not usable for the rest of the round.

Throw Potion: CP3, use a potion, deal damage equal to the amount it would heal or deal damage x2 of the normal bonus to selected target, the potion is unable to be used for drinking for the rest of the quest after it is used for this.

Throw Combat Die: CP2, use an equipped item that only has a bonus to combat, deal damage x2 of the normal bonus to selected target, the item is not usable for the rest of the round.

Throwing Life Away: CP2, use an equipped item that only has a bonus to life, deal damage x2 of the normal bonus to selected target, the item is not usable for the rest of the round. You cannot use this ability if you would be dropped to 0 life after the item is unequipped.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:20 am
Master of Gladiators
Yes, those are both valuable points to make. However, I believe their are 7 spells within the Necromancy School that carry potential Negative status affects; and who's to say there won't be more given time. I agree it's not immediately valuable, but I prefer to look at the long term. I hope that clears up some of my reasoning.

I agree with all of that. After all once the necromancy spells are released magic will get alot nastier. And like you said it would be better to have something like that ready ahead of time.  

Firu Nicorusu

FARGORE
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:08 pm
You can now use as many as you want of any type of token and you can only carry more than one unless you invest CP. I have added the “Token” ability to character creation and added a better description to how tokens work in the Q&A thread.

Good points on convert I will change it to 2CP per a point spent.

I kinda like throw weapon the way it is only because while it’s cool to throw a shield it may be odd for
someone to throw like say a staff or a amulet at someone. That’s why I made it so limited. But if more people agree with Gerbo then I will make that adjustment. Keep in mind that the Council is supposed to be equipment and protecting based so the ability seems sensible to me.

Healing aura and Touch of Faith have been added to the church. Both are good abilities, good show friends.

On the other perrian’s throw abilities, I’m not sure; someone else please gives someone remarks for it. But you did give me an idea for another good ability, Throw potion: 3 CP, you may use a potion you are carrying on another member of the party.

I will post more of the organizations soon.  
RPS Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff