Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:57 pm
Maze353
crap!

...We get it. Or do I have to repeat myself again?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:44 am
I've just ordered the first two books, since the third hasn't been released yet. I heard a lot of good thinks about it from a friend, so I'm looking forward to reading it.  

elmon

Da_Nuke

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:51 am
I've heard about it on the web site I usually hang around. I don't have the money and time to go to west-central Guadalajara and find a library, but remind me to keep this book in mind.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:01 pm
OH MY GOD!!!! The first two books of the Inheritance trilogy are sooooo awesome!! Eldest is my favorite because it develops Eragon's affection toward Arya. He also meets his second master, and for those whom have not read yet, he is an elf and Shur'tugal twisted Sorry for giving away some of the plot!  

islanzadidrottning

JRay18

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:12 pm
The first two books in Inheritance are awesome! They're both towards the top of my fantasy-like list. They're both really original and both have great plots. But I think I like eragon a bit better than Eldest, it just seemed a bit more interesting, a bit more........ I dunno, just a bit more of something.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:00 pm
I can't wait till the third one comes out!

@slanzadidrottning-He is not a elf.the dragons changed him...  

Black_Rose10

Tarren_Allin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:16 pm
HELLo all.

Ok so I'm a huge fan of the books..DUH.
Has anyone seen the preview for Eragon?

Just a few things.
1) Arya hair is said to be raven black in the book..in the movie its red.
2.) Brom is not neary OLD enough!!! (The actor looks like thrity..when he should look like sixty. -Brom- White hair ..long with beard!)
3.) The king doesn't look scary enough!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:22 pm
eragon kicked ace
im still reading eldest
there were some parts i
wanted to twist, and i even
made uo my own parts with
kick ace new characters that
play perfectly in with the book dramallama
burning_eyes mrgreen domokun  

Garouu

JRay18

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:12 pm
Tarren_Allin
HELLo all.

Ok so I'm a huge fan of the books..DUH.
Has anyone seen the preview for Eragon?

Just a few things.
1) Arya hair is said to be raven black in the book..in the movie its red.
2.) Brom is not neary OLD enough!!! (The actor looks like thrity..when he should look like sixty. -Brom- White hair ..long with beard!)
3.) The king doesn't look scary enough!!!
Aw, big deal, you can't get every old detail right. Even though Drom is aged, they also have longetivity, due to their dragons, although Brom's dragon is dead by then, yet he still get longetivity.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:11 am
Autumn-Twilight
Hate...-twitch-

No offence to the fans, but they both sucked. This really happened to my sister: She's reading the second book, just to finish the story, and she come to a funeral. She wonders, "Who the heck died?" so she goes back and read the beginning again. Turns out that some important leader-dude died, and she TOTALLY MISSED IT. The death of a supposedly important character. Now that's what I call bad writing. I don't think I even got as far as the funeral of what's-his-name. It bored me too much.

I thought that the books were a total waste of time. Sure, the kid was 15, but even considering that, they sucked. The only reason he got published, in my opinion, is because his parents own a publishing company. It was just too generic to really hold my interest.

THERE WAS A FUNERAL?!?!?!?!?!?  

Teh_Zombie_Lord

JRay18

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:25 pm
jman42
Autumn-Twilight
Hate...-twitch-

No offence to the fans, but they both sucked. This really happened to my sister: She's reading the second book, just to finish the story, and she come to a funeral. She wonders, "Who the heck died?" so she goes back and read the beginning again. Turns out that some important leader-dude died, and she TOTALLY MISSED IT. The death of a supposedly important character. Now that's what I call bad writing. I don't think I even got as far as the funeral of what's-his-name. It bored me too much.

I thought that the books were a total waste of time. Sure, the kid was 15, but even considering that, they sucked. The only reason he got published, in my opinion, is because his parents own a publishing company. It was just too generic to really hold my interest.

THERE WAS A FUNERAL?!?!?!?!?!?
Dude, the death was described right at the beginning, in good detail too. No offense, but your sister was probably skimming alot, so she missed it. I can describe in detail what happend then, and I've only read the book once, maybe twice.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:20 pm
I read the books and thought they were pretty good, although I felt that the second book was way to predictable. stressed  

Twilights_dawn13

JRay18

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Yeah, I do agree with that on some points. Eragon falling madly in love with Arya was a bit predictable, along with a couple other things.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:04 pm
I saw a commercial for the movie (it's coming out December 5th or something), and... it looks kinda dumb. No offense, but the lines I saw were just... uck. How unoriginal can you get? I don't know if it's the script writer, but I'm assuming that Paolini went over the script before they started filming. If so, wow. He apparently needs to grow up. The lines that were in the commercial were so... kiddy. And one character (probably the main, I don't know) seems ridiculously conceited, going so far as to call himself a legend. I don't care if it's fantasy, or a book or movie. People should never call themselves legends. Ever. I'd punch anyone that I met who did that. It's just as bad in a movie.

<.< I'm in a ranting mood. Ignore me. Maybe the movie's not as bad as the commercial made it seem. All I know is that I'm glad I stopped watching new movies.  

NightIntent
Captain

Pwale

900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:31 pm
(looks at you as if you're crazy then starts laughing her head off)

May I suggest never making one of these threads again? ESPECIALLY not in the Book Forum!

(Egads! Capitals! What ever shall I do?)

(Keeps laughing. This is due to a series of very nasty little flame wars spurred by this very topic)

Ah! Someone mentioned the movie! You people are contriving to make me die of laughter, aren't you?
I can't wait! I'm gonna go and laugh soooooo hard 'cause it's gonna be so bad! I told my friends that we should go and get big hats and sit in the front row and rip it up in loud voices.
Can't wait!!!  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces