Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
[Gay Literature] Yaoi Books Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:51 am
Miss Sushii
smileontheedge
There's this awesome book called Why We Never Danced The Charleston. It's set back in the day and it's about this really cute love triangle. It's kind of reminds me of that Heath Ledger and Jake film with the cowboys in it who fell in love. It even has some s*x scenes in it.
Rulin' ya universes...

...are you telling me that this is a book set in the 20's!? *DIES* I MUST READ IT!
...since 1992.
..major ditto <33333  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:16 pm
i bought a good one called little butterfly. it's about 2 guys in high school. wow, i've just described almost every yaoi out there blaugh i can't give too much away, cause then i'll ruin the story. if you can't find it in the bookstore, you can go to junemanga.com they sell lots and lots of yaoi books 4laugh  

bellaxxmuerte

6,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200

User_2629207

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:01 am
Skizzors
Miss Sushii
smileontheedge
There's this awesome book called Why We Never Danced The Charleston. It's set back in the day and it's about this really cute love triangle. It's kind of reminds me of that Heath Ledger and Jake film with the cowboys in it who fell in love. It even has some s*x scenes in it.
Rulin' ya universes...

...are you telling me that this is a book set in the 20's!? *DIES* I MUST READ IT!
...since 1992.
..major ditto <33333
Rulin' ya universes...

OH GOD IT IS. *fangirl squeal* I want it nooow. I am like so totally requesting this at the library >w<
(I'm going to this Charlseton dance thing where they have a show and then they teach you the steps... I can't wait!)
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:15 am
..LOL. I might have to wait until college to read that one. Not a particularly father-safe cover. sweatdrop

It sounds so amazing though omg. gonk  

Skizzors
Crew

User_2629207

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:30 pm
Skizzors
..LOL. I might have to wait until college to read that one. Not a particularly father-safe cover. sweatdrop

Rulin' ya universes...

Well there' always the possibility of a fake dustjacket? xD
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:19 am
Miss Sushii
Skizzors

Rulin' ya universes...

...since 1992.

wats that?  

Jinna-chan

Kitsune-chi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:07 pm
I started reading Cry to Heaven by Anne Rice last night after getting it from the library. I absolutely LOVE it. Totally recommended, though as somebody mentioned before it gets a tic explicit at point. Fair warnin'.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:52 am
If you have ever read the manga Only the Ring Finger Knows by Satoru Kannagi (story) and Hotaru Odagiri (art) I recommend reading the novels. They have 4 volumes out so far and a 5th one on the way. Its basically a continuation from the manga. 3nodding  

Dark_Fluffy-Chan

User_2629207

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:55 am
Jinna-chan
Miss Sushii
Skizzors

Rulin' ya universes...

...since 1992.

wats that?
Rulin' ya universes...

You know how some books have paper covers over the normal ones? A lot of the harry potter books had them... well, you can make your own, with a fake title etc. and put your book in it so that it seems you're reading something that wouldn't be as... questionable biggrin
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:33 pm
I actually write my own yaoi stories, Im trying to become published as a homoerotica writer currently. . .but right now im more focused upon my fashion line.

heart ^-^ heart

Prince_Syu

Fashionable Werewolf

7,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250

Insignificant Observer

Liberal Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:39 pm
'The Manny'.

It's a children's book. I about killed myself reading it cause I kept thinking, 'The uncle and the babysitter are so gay for each other. OH F*CK, WHAT AM I THINKING!?!? THIS IS A GODDAMN CHILDREN'S STORY.'

They turned out gay in the end and I stepped out of the proverbial noose I'd resigned myself to.

... I don't have a problem with gay people, but in my conservative little gay-lynching hometown there's no way our public library would have a book with gay people in it. Two men, no less! (Lesbian's are better tolerated for whatever reason.)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:51 pm
Insignificant Observer
'The Manny'.

It's a children's book. I about killed myself reading it cause I kept thinking, 'The uncle and the babysitter are so gay for each other. OH F*CK, WHAT AM I THINKING!?!? THIS IS A GODDAMN CHILDREN'S STORY.'

They turned out gay in the end and I stepped out of the proverbial noose I'd resigned myself to.

... I don't have a problem with gay people, but in my conservative little gay-lynching hometown there's no way our public library would have a book with gay people in it. Two men, no less! (Lesbian's are better tolerated for whatever reason.)
Rulin' ya universes...

haha, how cute surprised
...why were you reading a children's book? xD
...since 1992.

User_2629207

Mute Black Sheep

Wheezing Grabber

13,300 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Married 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:20 pm
Miss Sushii
[Romiette]
In Holly Black's book "Tithe" she brirfly mentions shonen ai (but she actually means yaoi) and one of the male characters sort of falls in love with a dark faerie lord person.

eek heart I love that book! Roibenxwhatshisfaceevilfaerielordperson FTW! xD heart heart
Um. The Vampire Chronicles, of course... I saw a tiny little book called "Boy meets boy" and another one called "rainbow boys" (cheesy much?)
I also saw a book called "Bird and Sugar Boy" But I don't think it's yaoi, just the description at the back seemed slashy heart

OMG! When I was in summer school my english teacher had rainbow boys. And I was surrounded by the pot head kind of people and one of them threw it at one of the other pot head and the guy shoved it down his pants! eek And the one who threw it was like "Dude, you shoved Rainbow boys down your pants." He ended up taking it out and throwing it across the room when the teacher wasn't looking. rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:18 pm
Miss Sushii
Insignificant Observer
'The Manny'.

Rulin' ya universes...

haha, how cute surprised
...why were you reading a children's book? xD
...since 1992.

It was a long time again, and I was so bored. Our library has NOTHING for teenagers that wasn't written for children. So I picked out this retarded looking book thinking I could kill like, two hours, and lo and behold, the male nanny and the uncle turn out to be lovers. I seriously almost died laughing.  

Insignificant Observer

Liberal Conversationalist

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:30 pm
Insignificant Observer: I'm interested in reading it now.. is it any good..? xd  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff