Izlin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:15 am
just do what u can>.< and glad your here! xp  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:22 pm
The little girl says -
Do.. Do.. dooo.. >.<

-cough-

- Neduls.. thats it..
- Don't call me Needles or Noodles. (Only special people can do that.)
- I have like a bijillion other nicknames.. (not important)
- Feeemaaale... (we think.. sweatdrop )
- I wanna be a pastry when I get older..
- Then I will marry an armchair, and have car shaped children (filled with pastry goodness)
- I am obsessed with zombies.. Sometimes I hate them, sometimes I love them..
- I do doodly thingies a lot
-blinks-

- Do.. do.. doooo.. >.

Neduls

Girl-Crazy Shapeshifter

7,450 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:42 am
Glad you could join Neduls!  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:32 am
Hello, I am Veolin but you can also feel free to call me Veo or by my real name, Amanda. I will be 22 in about two and a half weeks and am currently a full time mom of a new born. So if I don't get a chance to get on much it's because my daughter demands a lot of my time right now. I plan to soon start courses for criminal justice, particularly crime scene investigation as well as get a degree in Japanese with the hopes of one day going FBI.

I love urban fantasy and hope to one day write my own book (If I can ever get up the motivation, lol) I also love RPGs and RPing, as well as a huge variety of music.  

Veolin

Firelit Inspiration

Dedicated Friend

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:15 pm
Hello, my name is Ginny, or Adria, my alias. (And yes, I am actually a girl playing a girl avatar.) I'm an 18 year-old senior in high school, soon to graduate and go to University of North Texas to get my bachelor's in biology. My self-chosen destiny is to become a researcher in disease pathology and find cures to life-threatening illnesses (HIV/AIDS being the one I wish to cure the most) and new treatments for others, to help rid the world of the suffering that is disease as best I can.

I take great interest in biology, psychology, gaming (Ragnarok Online and Harvest Moon in particular), drawing, photography, cooking and food, and music (my favorite band being Nightwish). I'm the kind of person that needs to be constantly stimulating my brain and learning new things, or else I become unhappy. Some say I'm a bit of an over-thinker. ^^;;

And, might I ask, what made you wish to invite me? And how did you find me? I hadn't posted in a while, so I was curious about that. xD

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:44 am
Veolin
Hello, I am Veolin but you can also feel free to call me Veo or by my real name, Amanda. I will be 22 in about two and a half weeks and am currently a full time mom of a new born. So if I don't get a chance to get on much it's because my daughter demands a lot of my time right now. I plan to soon start courses for criminal justice, particularly crime scene investigation as well as get a degree in Japanese with the hopes of one day going FBI.

I love urban fantasy and hope to one day write my own book (If I can ever get up the motivation, lol) I also love RPGs and RPing, as well as a huge variety of music.

Hi Veolin. Glad you could join smile I love urban fantasy too..know any good authors??

@Adria - Welcome! glad you joined! I like photography too, I'm taking a degree in it 3nodding I invited you because I saw your profile, which I thought was really cool 3nodding you seemed like someone who might enjoy the guild. I found you through a friend of a friend of a friend sweatdrop Morluna has left a comment on my friend's profile, and since I looked at his profile, I saw you on his friendslist.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Firelit Inspiration

Dedicated Friend

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:46 pm
Shadow__Dweller
Veolin

Hi Veolin. Glad you could join smile I love urban fantasy too..know any good authors??

@Adria - Welcome! glad you joined! I like photography too, I'm taking a degree in it 3nodding I invited you because I saw your profile, which I thought was really cool 3nodding you seemed like someone who might enjoy the guild. I found you through a friend of a friend of a friend sweatdrop Morluna has left a comment on my friend's profile, and since I looked at his profile, I saw you on his friendslist.

Oh yes, Morluna~ I met him a quite a long time ago, can't remember exactly where. But those Hellsing cosplays he had on his profile were insane. 8D Hellsing's my favorite anime, fyi.

And thank you! I don't see any reason why I wouldn't enjoy it~ I'll be hanging around. 3nodding

And speaking of photography... I'm a quite a novice photographer. So if you ever happen to look at my DeviantArt and see some of it, please try not to laugh... ^^;; I'm still very much a beginner, and hope to get better. I just bought a new camera, a Panasonic S550, because my Nikon I bought earlier and returned was a piece of s**t. D; Every photo it took, no matter what kind of lighting, was just completely out of focus, craptacular quality. D: I'm seriously hoping this new one will be a whole lot better.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:45 pm
Shadow__Dweller
Veolin

Oh do I, lol I would suggest Kelly Armstrong, Caren Chance, Kim Harrison and Laurel K Hamilton's earlier work.  

Veolin

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:04 am
Veolin
Shadow__Dweller
Veolin

Oh do I, lol I would suggest Kelly Armstrong, Caren Chance, Kim Harrison and Laurel K Hamilton's earlier work.

haha I love all of those! apart from Caren Chance, because I've never read any of her books. But I love Kelly Armstrong, just finished reading No Humans Involved. I've only read the first novel of Kim Harrison's but I liked it. I used to love Laurel K Hamilton, her earlier novels were brilliant, but I don't like the later ones, I stopped reading after Narcissus in Chains I think. Too much sex.. sweatdrop
Have you tried Simon R Green's Nightside series..those are really awesome. I'm almost finished reading Vicious Circle by Mike Carey and that books is brilliant. Similar to the Dresden Files but alot better.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:53 am
Adria Tryphenia

Oh yes, Morluna~ I met him a quite a long time ago, can't remember exactly where. But those Hellsing cosplays he had on his profile were insane. 8D Hellsing's my favorite anime, fyi.

And thank you! I don't see any reason why I wouldn't enjoy it~ I'll be hanging around. 3nodding

And speaking of photography... I'm a quite a novice photographer. So if you ever happen to look at my DeviantArt and see some of it, please try not to laugh... ^^;; I'm still very much a beginner, and hope to get better. I just bought a new camera, a Panasonic S550, because my Nikon I bought earlier and returned was a piece of s**t. D; Every photo it took, no matter what kind of lighting, was just completely out of focus, craptacular quality. D: I'm seriously hoping this new one will be a whole lot better.

I don't know morluna, he was just on a friend's friendlist. I invited him to the guild I think. What's the name of your deviantart? I'd like to take a look 3nodding everyone has to start off as a novice at some time. I'm no expert, I'm just studying it at University. Just completed my first year. I don't have a Panasonic so I dunno how good they are, I've got a Nikon D80 and it is the bees knees, it's brilliant xd  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Firelit Inspiration

Dedicated Friend

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:08 pm
Shadow__Dweller
Adria Tryphenia

I don't know morluna, he was just on a friend's friendlist. I invited him to the guild I think. What's the name of your deviantart? I'd like to take a look 3nodding everyone has to start off as a novice at some time. I'm no expert, I'm just studying it at University. Just completed my first year. I don't have a Panasonic so I dunno how good they are, I've got a Nikon D80 and it is the bees knees, it's brilliant xd

My DeviantArt is the same as my Gaia name, AdriaTryphenia. 3nodding

Nikon D80, ohhh, one of those, the really good ones. XD Yeah, my Nikon I had previously was just a point-and-shoot, costing 230 bucks as opposed to 800-1200 bucks. XD This Panasonic is also a point-and-shoot at the same price, but a lot better . If I was making photography as a career, I'd probably go with one of the big ones like you have. But since it's not a career for me but just a nice hobby, I went the cheaper route. XD;;

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:55 am
Adria Tryphenia

My DeviantArt is the same as my Gaia name, AdriaTryphenia. 3nodding

Nikon D80, ohhh, one of those, the really good ones. XD Yeah, my Nikon I had previously was just a point-and-shoot, costing 230 bucks as opposed to 800-1200 bucks. XD This Panasonic is also a point-and-shoot at the same price, but a lot better . If I was making photography as a career, I'd probably go with one of the big ones like you have. But since it's not a career for me but just a nice hobby, I went the cheaper route. XD;;

ok, I dunno how to search for members on deviantart though. I'm not a member and I can only see how to search for the titles of art itself..
I dunno whether to become a member..I want to but I don't like putting my work up and having people just be able to save it to their computer without my name being on it...if I watermark it, it just spoils the image.

lol totally understandable. The D80 is the camera that my university stocks for students to use, so it makes sense that I bought that one. Technically it wasn't my money, my parents bought it for me at christmas, but they didn't pay stroe prices for it, it was bought second hand. I absolutely love it though. It's my baby lol xd But it's not the camera that makes good pictures, it just makes it easier to take them. If you're a good photography you can use any camera. My mum has a nifty point and shoot camera that takes amazing macro shots that I wouldn't be able to get unless I used a macro lens..so it justs hows what you can do with cheap cameras.
What sort of photos do you like taking most?? I love architecture and studio work.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Firelit Inspiration

Dedicated Friend

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:28 pm
Really though, I'm not kidding! My old camera was baaaaaad. D: I swear, the lense was just plain faulty. Not even Ansel Adams could make photos from that thing look good. XD

My favorite things to shoot? Nature, animals, and self portraits, definitely~ I'm not good at all in the other categories. XD;;

And my DeviantArt is http://adriatryphenia.deviantart.com/. To search for people, just replace adriatryphenia with their name. 3nodding

As for watermarks and stuff, maybe you could just put your name in really small letters in the corner of the image? Or would that still be bothersome?

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:02 am
Your drawings of your avatar are cute biggrin 3nodding I like the egyptian one best.

Adding my name would be easier and it wouldn't spoil the image, but people could just crop it off, so it wouldn't stop people from theiving it. sweatdrop  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Xx-Razzmatazz-xX

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:40 am
Wow, there haven't been any introductions here for a while...

Anyway, first off, I'd like to thank you, Shadow__Dweller, for inviting me to this guild. I will try my best to stay an active member! >D
Secondly, my "name" is Maikera. I have an odd love for the darker side of life, and enjoy reading books about vampires. I am well known in my family as the "Princess of the dark", due to my slightly Gothic tastes. Nevertheless, I can be a quite random individual, with a liking for candy and correcting people's grammatical errors.

† The Dark Sanctuary †

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff